RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~UK~

PostPosted: 05/11/16 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reporting a rumour that UW coach Mike Neighbors intevriewing for Vandy positon. Yea-bu-wha?!?!?

Can we get him to stop in Lexington where his girlfriend lives?!! Very Happy

basketballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/11/16 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reporting a rumour that UW coach Mike Neighbors intevriewing for Vandy positon. Yea-bu-wha?!?!?

It makes sense, seeing that he is from Arkansas. It puts him closer to home - and apparently, closer to his girlfriend...

basketballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/11/16 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

It makes sense, seeing that he is from Arkansas. It puts him closer to home - and apparently, closer to his girlfriend...or, it's a great strategy to get a pay increase at UW.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/11/16 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Dubina hired at NJIT as AC ... former Brookdale CC HC ...

NJIT also has another opening as LaKea Jones is no longer on website

http://www.njithighlanders.com/news/2016/5/10/bob-dubina-joins-njit-womens-basketball-as-assistant-coach.aspx

~UK~

PostPosted: 05/11/16 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber Smith is returning to UK.

http://www.ukathletics.com/news/former-uk-guard-amber-smith-joins-wbb-support-staff-05-11-2016

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 05/11/16 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballjunkie wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

It makes sense, seeing that he is from Arkansas. It puts him closer to home - and apparently, closer to his girlfriend...or, it's a great strategy to get a pay increase at UW.

Sometimes college athletics is just gross.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/11/16 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Master list to show available coaches based on gender

LitePal

PostPosted: 05/11/16 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Neighbors fiancee works at Kentucky. Why not just wait for that opening. It shouldn't be that long of a wait.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 05/11/16 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vicky Bullett named HC of West Virginia Wesleyan.

http://www.wesleyanbobcats.com/sports/wbkb/2015-16/releases/20160510m4pap3

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 05/11/16 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Neighbors fiancee works at Kentucky. Why not just wait for that opening. It shouldn't be that long of a wait.

Why not just stay coaching at the school that he's only been at for 3 years, and to which he's recruited young women who came there to play for him?

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/11/16 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Umass hires 3 ACs ... Danny Hughes (SMU), Sheila Roux (Columbia) and Candice Walker, last years DOBO at UMass

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/051116aaa.html

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/11/16 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vermont hires Chris Day as HC, creating an opening at Penn for AC

http://www.uvmathletics.com/news/2016/5/11/chris-day-hired-as-next-head-coach-of-womens-basketball-program.aspx

LitePal

PostPosted: 05/11/16 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="patsweetpat"][quote="LitePal"]Neighbors fiancee works at Kentucky. Why not just wait for that opening. It shouldn't be that long of a wait.[/quote]

Why not just stay coaching at the school that he's only been at for 3 years, and to which he's recruited young women who came there to play for him?[/quote]

I agree but we all said that about Nikki Caldwell and we saw where that went. 3 years as well. I think Neighbors really wants to be at Washington, so I was surprised to hear this but not that surprised. His family is still in Arkansas including his daughter so if the spot opens up and it's a good opportunity, I can't begrudge him for listening. If it's a case of he'd rather be there than Seattle, there's a big problem. He created a great situation for himself in Washington and is perhaps on the verge of creating a program that can contend for the National Championship for several years. If he leaves for the uncertainty of Vandy, he must really want to go.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/11/16 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not *exactly* a coaching change, but Syracuse AD Mark Coyle has left for Minnesota.

PostPosted: 05/12/16 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
LitePal wrote:

Why not just stay coaching at the school that he's only been at for 3 years, and to which he's recruited young women who came there to play for him?

Because sometimes life is about more than just work.

I don't know the situation with him, but if one of the reasons he is exploring opportunities in those areas is to be closer to his family I think that is a very good reason.

basketballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/12/16 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
LitePal wrote:

I don't know the situation with him, but if one of the reasons he is exploring opportunities in those areas is to be closer to his family I think that is a very good reason.

I completely agree - but in all honesty, does anyone else feel that the coach at Arkansas might not be there much longer? Jimmy Dykes is not exactly setting the SEC on fire...might make sense to wait it out, esp with the girls he has coming in and returning.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/12/16 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Upper Iowa hires Utah State AC, Micha Thompson, as their HC

http://upperiowaathletics.com/news/2016/5/11/micha-thompson-named-head-womens-basketball-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/12/16 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kent State to hire Chowan HC as AC ... Input this earlier, but here is a more official release

http://www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com/2016/05/12/mashuda-leaving-chowan/

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/12/16 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UL-Monroe hires David Saur as AC. Spent last season at UMass-Lowell

http://www.ulmwarhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90655&SPID=10982&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210948593&DB_OEM_ID=19000

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/12/16 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballjunkie wrote:

I completely agree - but in all honesty, does anyone else feel that the coach at Arkansas might not be there much longer? Jimmy Dykes is not exactly setting the SEC on fire...might make sense to wait it out, esp with the girls he has coming in and returning.

Why would you think Dykes is in trouble? I expect they're very happy with him. In his first year he had them ranked and took them to the NCAA tourney (for only the 2nd time in a dozen years). Last year they had a lot of graduation losses and slipped back, but he has a really good and very un-Ark-like recruiting class coming in, including a McD AA player.

They're playing much better and much better coached basketball. I think Dykes has been a very pleasant surprise.

I think that might be a long wait if he expects the Ark job to become available.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 05/12/16 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very disappointed to learn of Linda Lappe's departure from Colorado. That CU ate the last three years of her contract makes the move even more difficult to fathom. Tough go last season but it was a pleasure to watch three promising freshmen, Makenzie Ellis, Kennedy Leonard and Alexis Robinson develop their talents.

That off my chest, good luck to JR Payne and the new assistants. It's my understanding assistant Jamie Carey is being retained.

Senior forward Haley Smith should help provide on-court leadership and hope the new staff makes the most of her skills. But I do think this team is a solid post away from any dramatic improvement next season. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Phil

PostPosted: 05/12/16 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Art.

I think some were secretly hoping he would crash and burn, but he has done better than his critics hoped, and about as well as one could reasonably hope.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/12/16 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballjunkie wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
LitePal wrote:

Reminding you once again of the adage that it takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program. Neutral

PostPosted: 05/12/16 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:
Very disappointed to learn of Linda Lappe's departure from Colorado. That CU ate the last three years of her contract makes the move even more difficult to fathom. Tough go last season but it was a pleasure to watch three promising freshmen, Makenzie Ellis, Kennedy Leonard and Alexis Robinson develop their talents.

That off my chest, good luck to JR Payne and the new assistants. It's my understanding assistant Jamie Carey is being retained.

Senior forward Haley Smith should help provide on-court leadership and hope the new staff makes the most of her skills. But I do think this team is a solid post away from any dramatic improvement next season. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Jamie Carey was named an Assistant Coach at Texas on April 28.

http://texassports.com/news/2016/4/28/jamie-carey-named-womens-basketball-assistant-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 05/12/16 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kennesaw State hires AC (Sherill Baker, was at Auburn in 2015-16) and DOBO Carley Sprouse (WBCA Intern)

http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2016/5/12/womens-basketball-wbb-berenato-adds-two-more-to-staff.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 22 of 41

Jump to: