RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

At midseason, which teams are the biggest disappointments?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/16 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Dayton...but they lost Kelly Austria
Northwestern
Tennessee...sigh
Princeton
Florida State
Cal
Kentucky

But seriously, Duke and LSU? Uh-uh. Not in my notebook. I didn't expect much out of either one of them, sadly. Or Penn State. So lets start another thread about teams we've been pleasantly surprised by, somewhere else.

I'm not sure how Kentucky is a disappointment. We had 4 transfers,3 right before the season began, 1 after. They were ranked 18th in the preseason poll, now they are ranked 12th.

It's disappointing getting beat by them. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/25/16 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Northwestern
Tennessee...sigh
Princeton
Florida State
Cal
Kentucky

But seriously, Duke and LSU? Uh-uh. Not in my notebook. I didn't expect much out of either one of them, sadly. Or Penn State. So lets start another thread about teams we've been pleasantly surprised by, somewhere else.

I'm not sure how Kentucky is a disappointment. We had 4 transfers,3 right before the season began, 1 after. They were ranked 18th in the preseason poll, now they are ranked 12th.

I agree, UK. Kentucky has not disappointed this season, especially considering their attrition right before the season.

I didn't think the reasons for being a disappointment were relevant to the question or excused a team from inclusion on the list if they otherwise earned a spot.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/26/16 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Northwestern
Tennessee...sigh
Princeton
Florida State
Cal
Kentucky

I agree, UK. Kentucky has not disappointed this season, especially considering their attrition right before the season.

I didn't think the reasons for being a disappointment were relevant to the question or excused a team from inclusion on the list if they otherwise earned a spot.

The Wildcats have performed well; I can state that without any qualifiers. The attrition just makes the result that much more sweet for Kentucky fans.

The Wildcats were ranked 18/17 in the preseason polls, but now are ranked 12/9. They are rated 12th in Sagarin and 14th in Massey. Thus I think they are outperforming expectations, as UK1996 argued.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/26/16 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Northwestern
Tennessee...sigh
Princeton
Florida State
Cal
Kentucky

The Wildcats have performed well; I can state that without any qualifiers. The attrition just makes the result that much more sweet for Kentucky fans.

The Wildcats were ranked 18/17 in the preseason polls, but now are ranked 12/9. They are rated 12th in Sagarin and 14th in Massey. Thus I think they are outperforming expectations, as UK1996 argued.

I'm not disagreeing with you that they don't belong on the "underperforming" list on the merits. Just commenting that the question of whether a team is underperforming is seperate from the question of why they're underperforming. Good example is Cal. There are a number of possible reasons why Cal is underperforming, some under their control, some not. But that doesn't negate that they are indeed underperforming expectations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: