RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Best of the Non Winners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colt13

PostPosted: 02/08/16 12:58 pm    ::: Best of the Non Winners Reply Reply with quote

Or why should I think Notre Dame has a chance this year. They reach the Final Four every year-actually the last 5 without winning. That got me thinking, because Stanford did it, and so did LSU. So two questions- What would get Notre Dame over the hump this year? And which 5 year non winning squad was best?
2004-08 LSU
2008-12 Stanford
2011-15 Notre Dame

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/09/16 4:05 am    ::: Re: Best of the Non Winners Reply Reply with quote

colt13 wrote:
Or why should I think Notre Dame has a chance this year. They reach the Final Four every year-actually the last 5 without winning. That got me thinking, because Stanford did it, and so did LSU. So two questions- What would get Notre Dame over the hump this year? And which 5 year non winning squad was best?
2004-08 LSU
2008-12 Stanford
2011-15 Notre Dame

Well, FWIW, the 2013 ND team actually beat the team that had won the NC that year 3 times earlier that year.

As for ND "Getting over the hump" maybe having a player they lacked in the earlier game at Gampel. They'd theoretically need to make up 10 points. A combination of scoring more inside with better interior defense. I wonder if there is a player on ND's squad who didn't play who has improved ND's defense and added more interior scoring...

linkster

PostPosted: 02/11/16 1:50 am    ::: Re: Best of the Non Winners Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
colt13 wrote:
2004-08 LSU
2008-12 Stanford
2011-15 Notre Dame

Well, FWIW, the 2013 ND team actually beat the team that had won the NC that year 3 times earlier that year.

As for ND "Getting over the hump" maybe having a player they lacked in the earlier game at Gampel. They'd theoretically need to make up 10 points. A combination of scoring more inside with better interior defense. I wonder if there is a player on ND's squad who didn't play who has improved ND's defense and added more interior scoring...

I think ND is the stronger of the 3. They have lost one game this year, to UConn and had 3 losses last year, 2 of those to UConn. In 2014 they lost one game, again to UConn in the NC game. In 2013 they lost twice, to baylor and to UConn. In the last four years they have lost 2 games other than UConn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: