RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Toledo @ Notre Dame (3) - 11/18/15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Toledo
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Notre Dame
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Shades

PostPosted: 11/16/15 7:04 pm    ::: Toledo @ Notre Dame (3) - 11/18/15 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 7:00 PM ET
Radio: Pulse FM (96.9/92.1)

Video:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index (sub)

Audio(?):
http://watchnd.tv/#!/games/?liveAudio=9nZmtzZDpEtTgp7QVW7nih6uvgH8lbOU (free - copy/paste link)

Gametracker:
http://www.und.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1462185&school=nd&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 11/17/15 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking for a bigger game from Turner in this one, she didn't look like the ACC player of the year in game number 1.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/15 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thinking it would be more appropriate to have a poll about the margin of victory. Toledo really isn't very good this year. So will ND win by 10,20,30, or more?

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/17/15 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Looking for a bigger game from Turner in this one, she didn't look like the ACC player of the year in game number 1.

Really? 21 pts in 24 minutes (9 for 14 shooting) doesn't seem so bad.

Muffett doesn't play her starters for 37 minutes in blowouts.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 11/17/15 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Turner left the game at the 4:09 mark and Allen left at the 2:51 mark with the game well in hand. Both Stewart and Jeffrerson left at the 3:21 mark. Both games were well in hand by the beginning of the fourth quarter. You know what, still respect Muffet. She has her reasons as does Geno. Maybe we should focus on why ND and UCONN are so consistently good and there is such a disparity between them and so many of the teams they play that makes us have these silly conversations about minutes played in a blow out to no apparent point. I rather focus on watching Turner than counting her minutes. She is a joy to watch.

PostPosted: 11/18/15 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Yet another backhanded swipe at UConn from the Artster.... Rolling Eyes

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/18/15 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Yet another backhanded swipe at UConn from the Artster.... Rolling Eyes

No, it wasn't backhanded at all.

Tell me, was that 37 minutes designed to run up the score, or to pad the "award season" stats, or both?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/18/15 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who cares, thats just nitpicking, when do ND actually play somebody? Oh but I guess someone will just say look it up LOL

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/18/15 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Who cares, thats just nitpicking, when do ND actually play somebody? Oh but I guess someone will just say look it up LOL

ND plays Ohio State on Dec 2, but then I'm sure you already knew that.

When does UConn start its 20 game run of high school opponents? I guess they need to pad player stats for award season now since no one will be taking seriously those numbers produced after the first of the year.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/18/15 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

When does UConn start its 20 game run of high school opponents? I guess they need to pad player stats for award season now since no one will be taking seriously those numbers produced after the first of the year.

Why must you criticize? Really, what is your problem? You swooped into the Ohio State thread with you one post criticism, and now in a thread that has nothing to do with UConn you do it again.

Why don't you just support your team? Is it that difficult to swallow?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/18/15 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Why must you criticize? Really, what is your problem? You swooped into the Ohio State thread with you one post criticism, and now in a thread that has nothing to do with UConn you do it again.

Why? Because this is a woman's college basketball forum, and I'd criticize any coach that has their starters in the game playing all but 3 minutes while leading by 50. It's bush league. It deserves criticism. Indeed I have criticized Kim Mulkey for similar stunts in the past. There's concepts of sportsmanship that I think are worthwhile in college sports even if you don't.

It's why I applaud as an example the Boston College and Howard football coaches who agreed to shorten the third and fourth quarters of their football game this fall each by 5 minutes and to use a running clock because the game had gotten out of hand.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/18/15 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta love Art, but his wrath was based on me not being specific enough LMAO. The nitpicking I was talking about was in regards to Turners performance, he must have thought that I was talking about his comment on Uconn (oops) Wink

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/18/15 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Gotta love Art, but his wrath was based on me not being specific enough LMAO. The nitpicking I was talking about was in regards to Turners performance, he must have thought that I was talking about his comment on Uconn (oops) Wink

I did think that. Sorry for my part of the confusion.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/18/15 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Why? Because this is a woman's college basketball forum, and I'd criticize any coach that has their starters in the game playing all but 3 minutes while leading by 50. It's bush league. It deserves criticism. Indeed I have criticized Kim Mulkey for similar stunts in the past. There's concepts of sportsmanship that I think are worthwhile in college sports even if you don't.

It's why I applaud as an example the Boston College and Howard football coaches who agreed to shorten the third and fourth quarters of their football game this fall each by 5 minutes and to use a running clock because the game had gotten out of hand.

Which makes total sense IN THAT GAME THREAD. That's why I didn't comment about the snarky comment in the UConn game thread.

But to carry that chip over to here is just a petty irritant. I don't know what you hoped to accomplish.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/18/15 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Which makes total sense IN THAT GAME THREAD. That's why I didn't comment about the snarky comment in the UConn game thread.

But to carry that chip over to here is just a petty irritant. I don't know what you hoped to accomplish.

Well, if you get "irritated" over a comment that doesn't even mention UConn that's really your problem, not mine. You seem really defensive about those 37 minutes.

And please tell me how a straightforward comment like this is "snarky". "So why exactly are Jefferson and Tuck playing 37 and 34 minutes in a game that was over well before halftime? Was there some individual or team scoring record on the line?" It's a pretty direct question. No "snark" involved. I suspect the only reason you didn't answer is because there is no good answer or excuse.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/18/15 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Well, if you get "irritated" over a comment that doesn't even mention UConn that's really your problem, not mine. You seem really defensive about those 37 minutes.

And please tell me how a straightforward comment like this is "snarky". "So why exactly are Jefferson and Tuck playing 37 and 34 minutes in a game that was over well before halftime? Was there some individual or team scoring record on the line?" It's a pretty direct question. No "snark" involved. I suspect the only reason you didn't answer is because there is no good answer or excuse.

No Art, I don't answer you most times because it's an exercise in futility. You take what you want to take out of everyone's statements, twist them around to suit your needs or desires and then call us names or criticize our comments as being silly or stupid.

Your passive aggressive behavior is just annoying (to me and I'm sure some others) in the middle of good conversation. You make some outstanding points at times, but it gets lost among the other items like this.

To even imply your "comment that doesn't even mention UConn" wasn't about UConn, when in the UConn thread you questioned the very same item, is beyond ridiculous. Especially when later on you then have this lovely statement: "When does UConn start its 20 game run of high school opponents? I guess they need to pad player stats for award season now since no one will be taking seriously those numbers produced after the first of the year."

Maybe a better question is what exactly is wrong with playing your starters 37 and 34 minutes in the first game of the season? How about what's wrong with playing them as much as possible against a top 10 team, when they ARE going to face some weak in conference teams later in the season? If you don't agree with that approach, that's fine.

I would submit to you that Mr. Auriemma has been quite successful with his approach, so I'm not sure there is a real need to change it. Other coaches, including Coach McGraw have been very successful not playing their starters that much, that's good too.

Truth be told, I could not care less if he plays his starters 25 or 37 minutes, as long as they stay healthy and don't wear out.

I've expressed my opinion, I'm sure you'll continue to insult and berate my comments, so have at it.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/18/15 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys, knock it the fuck off or I swear on my honor as a former Girl Scout there will be repercussions, and I don't mean a barrage of Thin Mints.

PostPosted: 11/18/15 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first game of the season. Looking forward to seeing the Irish!!!

Shades

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

14-11 ND end of Q1

So far not the blowout certain caustic posters thought.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
14-11 ND end of Q1

So far not the blowout certain caustic posters thought.

way way wait. Are you calling me 'caustic'? Laughing rofl

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugly ass game

NCAA can have their new rules back. This music.during stoppages is the most messed up thing I've ever seen. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you have to!! I'm talking.to you, Notre Dame!!!

linkster

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

30% of Notre Dame's 1st half shots were from behind he arc. More like UConn.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TOL's offensive production really dropped off this quarter.

29-17 at the half

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/18/15 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final ND 74 Toledo 39.

Ugly first half. Way too many missed shots. Way too many turnovers.

Defense was decent for ND. Had 9 blocks and held Toledo to 23.7% from the floor.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/19/15 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm thinking it would be more appropriate to have a poll about the margin of victory. Toledo really isn't very good this year. So will ND win by 10,20,30, or more?

caustic but the answer is 'more'.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: