RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Whatever happened to Schuye LaRue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 11/18/15 9:13 am    ::: Whatever happened to Schuye LaRue? Reply Reply with quote

Schuye was an amazingly talented player at Virginia (I only got to see her on TV games). If a male basketball player had fallen apart like this, there would be crowds of agents and teams and coaches and sponsors wanting to help him (and profit off him). Women athletes, not so much. It's sad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/how-one-of-the-most-promising-basketball-players-became-homeless/2015/11/17/2dbd5c44-87ce-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

ridor

PostPosted: 11/28/15 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're correct. I live about 40 minutes northwest of DC and I had heard the rumors that Schuye can be seen in Chinatown area. I was hoping that it was not true. She was very outstanding player but at the same time, you can see that there is something wrong with her. Last year, I went to Verizon Center which is in the heart of Chinatown, I saw her standing over there, my heart just sank. The article said she declined the offers to get help, so I don't know what we can do for her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: