RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Louisiana St @ Wake Forest - 11/13/15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/15 6:28 pm    ::: Louisiana St @ Wake Forest - 11/13/15 Reply Reply with quote

Winston-Salem, NC - 5:00 PM ET

Video:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2683359/lsu-vs-wake-forest-w-basketball (sub)

Audio:
http://www.lsusports.net/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=1490978&catid=0&DB_OEM_ID=5200&KEY= (sub)

Gametracker:
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1455784

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/13/15 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wake beat LSU 60-57

I expect Wake to be one of the bottom 3 teams in the ACC.

How much longer is LSU going to stick with Caldwell? Her recruiting has been bad, her coaching is worse, and the trajectory is downwards.

A lot of schools don't care and hang on to bad WBB coaches. I would have thought LSU was in the minority that actually DO care.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/13/15 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I swear I heard the p-b-p guy of this game refer to South Carolina as the #1-ranked team and a participant in last year's NC game.

I'm too tired now to check the replay to confirm. I might tomorrow. He said it in the 4:00-3:00 time period of the 4th qtr.

PostPosted: 11/13/15 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Wake beat LSU 60-57

How much longer is LSU going to stick with Caldwell? Her recruiting has been bad, her coaching is worse, and the trajectory is downwards.

A lot of schools don't care and hang on to bad WBB coaches. I would have thought LSU was in the minority that actually DO care.

But she looks awesome in her high-heels......

grrlagent

PostPosted: 11/16/15 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Wake beat LSU 60-57

Unfortunately, the buyout this year is too much for Joe Alleva to stomach. I think next year you will see some movement. They won't be able to take the stink. She just signed some more unknowns and I assume will pillage a JUCO player or two. I bought my season tickets hoping its the last with her as the HC.

PostPosted: 11/16/15 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

grrlagent wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Wake beat LSU 60-57

Unfortunately, the buyout this year is too much for Joe Alleva to stomach. I think next year you will see some movement. They won't be able to take the stink. She just signed some more unknowns and I assume will pillage a JUCO player or two. I bought my season tickets hoping its the last with her as the HC.

Does anyone still support keeping her? Is it just a matter of the buyout?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/16/15 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Wake beat LSU 60-57

Where's LSUALUM when you need him! Smile

PostPosted: 11/17/15 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I swear I heard the p-b-p guy of this game refer to South Carolina as the #1-ranked team and a participant in last year's NC game.

I'm too tired now to check the replay to confirm. I might tomorrow. He said it in the 4:00-3:00 time period of the 4th qtr.

ok, it was during the miss valley st @ ole miss game on the 13th.

it's archived.

at 4:00 in the 4th, as the announcers are waxing about the tough SEC sched the Rebels will face, the p-b-p says ...."that schedule includes South Carolina, picked by most as the preseason #1, and rightfully so...played in the National Championship game last year".

Wtf. Only in WCB. Laughing

wait! have i been abducted? Shocked

PostPosted: 11/17/15 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Wake beat LSU 60-57

Joe Alleva does NOT care a bit about Womens BB...It will be all about the $$

LitePal

PostPosted: 11/17/15 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alleva paid her that ridiculous salary and also extended her contract by 3 years last year, although he did not raise her already inflated salary. When UCLA refused to pay Caldwell a huge raise, we were accused of not caring about womens basketball. Alleva pays the salary and doesn't care because he drank the Kool Aid?

Caldwell did a good, though not outstanding job at UCLA but did not warrant the 700K+ salary she gained but remember, other schools like Virginia were also after her with similar numbers.

If you're upset with Alleva, it should be because he believed Caldwell could create a program at LSU. She began the process at UCLA but it was headed for a very shaky future because of personality issues.

According to some on these boards, caring about the program is equated with how much money you're willing to spend. He spent and still doesn't care? Incredible how fans are so willing to throw money around for a non revenue sport in one of the poorest States in the nation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: