RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stephanie Glance leaves Columbia for Kay Yow Fund

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 09/16/15 11:45 am    ::: Stephanie Glance leaves Columbia for Kay Yow Fund Reply Reply with quote

I was going to post this in the coaching moves thread, but at this late date do we need a new season thread?

Stephanie Glance Steps Down to be the New Executive Director of the Kay Yow Cancer Fund

By: Columbia University Athletics
Release: 09/14/2015

NEW YORK – Stephanie Glance, Columbia’s head women’s basketball coach since April 2013, has stepped down to become the new Executive Director of the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.

Glance, a lifetime board member of the Kay Yow Cancer Fund, worked with former North Carolina State Head Women’s Basketball Coach Kay Yow for 15 years.

“Stephanie Glance is a tremendous coach, an outstanding mentor and a consummate professional. She has led the rebuilding of our women’s basketball program, developing a strong foundation for continued improvement,” said Peter Pilling, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education. “Stephanie’s passion for the Kay Yow Fund is evident. Losing a coach like Stephanie is never easy, but this was the right decision for her right now and we support her 100 percent.”

“I have enjoyed my time at Columbia immensely. Having the opportunity to coach women's basketball at such an incredible university has truly been a privilege. I am grateful for all the friendships that have come from my time here and most thankful for the chance to coach and mentor the young women on our team,” Glance said.

“The foundation is in place for Columbia to have a very competitive women's basketball program going forward! I am excited to watch and support this program from my new position at the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.”

Under Glance’s leadership, Columbia’s class of 2018 set a Columbia record with seven Ivy League Rookie of the Week honors, including Camille Zimmerman’s program-record six recognitions. This year’s incoming class was ranked first in the Ivy League and 57th in the country. The Lions return the Ivy League’s leading scorer from last season, Tori Oliver, and Columbia’s top five scorers from last year.

Sheila Roux, Columbia’s Associate Head Coach, has been promoted to interim Head Coach for the 2015-2016 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: