Board Junkies Forums

2016 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/24/15 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just fro fun before draw (I'm bored)

1. Sea Stewart

2. SA Mo Jefferson (traded to Atlanta for Schimmel and #4)

3. Conn T. Mitchell (traded to washington for Hartley and #7)

4. Atl McGee-Stafford (traded to SA with Schimmel for Mo Jefferson)

5. LA Courtney Wiliams A&M

6. Dallas J. Alleyne

7. Was Bria Holmes (traded to Conn with Hartley for T. Mitchell)

8. PX Jonquel Jones

9. Indy R. Hamblin

10. Chi A. Bulgak

11. Atl B. Graves

12. NY Xylina McDaniels (just a feeling I know some don't like her, but her size/speed a D will catch NY's attention this season, she will most likely put up some big number in this season.)

13. Atl Niya Johnson

14. Minn R. Banham (just for some Minny faithful)

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/15 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We'll see how she does her senior year, but if Logic struggled with her transition to the WNBA, Theriot should struggle as much if not more. Girl is slight. I don't see ATL going with her, since they got burned going Big Ten PG last year and especially considering how much you have them giving up for lil Jefferson.

I have a feeling PHX will look for a guard first round since it's an area of weakness for them with retirements of Taurasi and Taylor looming. Remember, they have Harrison waiting in the wings.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/24/15 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
We'll see how she does her senior year, but if Logic struggled with her transition to the WNBA, Theriot should struggle as much if not more. Girl is slight. I don't see ATL going with her, since they got burned going Big Ten PG last year and especially considering how much you have them giving up for lil Jefferson.

I have a feeling PHX will look for a guard first round since it's an area of weakness for them with retirements of Taurasi and Taylor looming. Remember, they have Harrison waiting in the wings.

I change that pick to Johnson from Baylor because I realized after Logic Atl won't go with a similar player from the same school

And that is true about PX but with Taurasi returning and Francis missing time for Olypmics they seem thinner up front IMO.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/24/15 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

That and I don't think Theriot fits their style of play, similar to how Logic didn't.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/15 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:

I change that pick to Johnson from Baylor because I realized after Logic Atl won't go with a similar player from the same school

And that is true about PX but with Taurasi returning and Francis missing time for Olypmics they seem thinner up front IMO.

Johnson to ATL makes more sense to me, but the point I was trying to make before is that if you pay that big of a price for Jefferson, then you go all in on her. You don't set up a rookie PG competition. That's what Tulsa put Diggins through her rookie year.

stever

PostPosted: 09/24/15 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't be too surprised if one of Jones or Bulgak play themselves into the lottery.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/24/15 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:

Johnson to ATL makes more sense to me, but the point I was trying to make before is that if you pay that big of a price for Jefferson, then you go all in on her. You don't set up a rookie PG competition. That's what Tulsa put Diggins through her rookie year.

I think if Atl gets jefferson (in a trad or naturally) they will go all in on her from the start, she fits perfectly next to Hayes and McCoughtry. If Schimmel is in Atl and jefferson is picked I think Shony will play a sort of Perkis in SA with Hammon, or a R. Williams in Tulsa with healthy Diggins/Sims kind of role, big minutes off the bench where she will be a primary scorer and secondary ball-handler.

But Atl has 4 picks in the top twenty so they have to chose someone at 14 and 16/17 so why not bring in someone you can groom as a back up PG. Atl's second round picks are going to struggle to make the team anyway, but they might as well pick players who fit.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/24/15 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
I won't be too surprised if one of Jones or Bulgak play themselves into the lottery.

With Bulgak you have to worry about National Team commitments immediately.

PostPosted: 09/24/15 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
stever wrote:

With Bulgak you have to worry about National Team commitments immediately.

Like with Stewart? Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to SEA for winning the #1 pick.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My very early mock draft
1. Seattle - B. Stewart
2. San Antonio - T. Mitchell
3. Connecticut - M. Jefferson
4. Atlanta - C. Williams(USF)
5. Los Angeles - J. Alleyne
6. Tulsa - C. Williams (Texas A&M)
7. Washington - N. Johnson (Baylor)
8. Phoenix - A. Bulgak
9. Indiana - R. Hamblin
10. Chicago - I. McGee-Stafford
11. Atlanta - B. Holmes
12. New York - J. Jones

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
blaase22

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Does this mean Minny has the 13th pick now>>

pilight

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Minnesota traded away their first round pick

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I know but we have seattles second rounder. Does the second round follow the lottery results or go by record?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I know but we have seattles second rounder. Does the second round follow the lottery results or go by record?

Goes by this year's record. Pilight must have temporarily reverted to 2007 or something.

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
My very early mock draft
1. Seattle - B. Stewart
8. Phoenix - A. Bulgak
9. Indiana - R. Hamblin
11. Atlanta - B. Holmes
12. New York - J. Jones

have a feeling stars will try to get a legit sf or c by trading mo jeff.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
toad455 wrote:
My very early mock draft
1. Seattle - B. Stewart
8. Phoenix - A. Bulgak
9. Indiana - R. Hamblin
11. Atlanta - B. Holmes
12. New York - J. Jones

Can we trade/release Danielle Adams for making that 3 to win the last game and costing us Stewie?

toad455

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally think a trade involving the Stars, Dream & a third team will go down before the draft. This will give Atlanta the #2(Jefferson), the third team the #4 pick and a veteran post to San Antonio.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY

Last edited by toad455 on 09/24/15 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I personally thin a trade involving the Stars, Dream & a third team will go down before the draft. This will give Atlanta the #2(Jefferson), the third team the #4 pick and a veteran post to San Antonio.
By "veteran" I hope you mean no one over or near 30.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jaltavilla
Very interesting (if true) tidbits coming from this guy. How credible is he?

blaase22

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
toad455 wrote:
My very early mock draft
1. Seattle - B. Stewart
8. Phoenix - A. Bulgak
9. Indiana - R. Hamblin
11. Atlanta - B. Holmes
12. New York - J. Jones

Can we trade/release Danielle Adams for making that 3 to win the last game and costing us Stewie?

Plus waive that rookie that hit the freethrow to go ahead, what a bonehead.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/24/15 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Plus waive that rookie that hit the freethrow to go ahead, what a bonehead.

I'm a butterfly effect guy, so IMO, if San Antonio lost, we'll never know if the Stars would've won the lottery or not.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/25/15 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SA should start a bidding war between Atl and Conn

If I'm Atlanta I offer Schimmel and #11 and consider even going to Schimmel and #4.

I think Schimmel would be a nice fit behind Robinson, Perkins and McBride, and eventually replaces Perkins in the starting line up in a season or two, she would also be a fan favorite in SA and help get some needed spotlight on the team. SA can also draft best available post at #11 or even #4 if they play hard ball.

Atlanta needs Mo Jefferson, she is the perfect fit with Hayes and McCoughtry, she is the she is a true PG, she has a 3 point shot, she is built for the transition/up tempo style Atlanta play, and she is a gritty defender even if she is undersized, which is why Atlanta might be willing to offer a lot to get her. Even if Atlanta goes all in an offers Schimmel and #4, Atl will still have the #11, #13 and #17 picks to fill out the roster. Its a risk, but I think it is worth it.

Now what could Conn offer to beat out Atlanta's offer. With Stricklen coming on strong at the end of the season, and Ogwumike's return pushing Little out of the starting line up unless she is moved to the SF position would Conn consider Thomas and the #3 pick?

If I'm Conn I would start low maybe something like

E. Williams and the #3 pick
or
C. Little and the #3 pick

either of those would be a lot to move up 1 spot in the draft, but if they want Jefferson bad enough, and feel they have the coverage would they be willing to go further

A. Thomas and E. Williams for #2 (keeping the #3 pick)

or even

A. Thomas and the #3 pick for #2 (That is pretty extreme to move up one spot but crazier things have happened. Maybe SA throws in a second piece like A. Montgomery, Kayla Alexander or a future 2nd round pick to make it slightly less crazy, but I don't think it is completely off the grid.)

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/25/15 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or SA could go the other way, move on from Hughes and go for a toal rebuild around Jefferson, McBride and Hamby.

trade Robinson to LA for Lavender (I would try for Ogwumike but I'm not sure Robinson is enough)

trade Appel to Chicago for for the #10 pick and grab another young post Alleyne, McGee-Stafford, Hamblin, Bulgak, Graves, someone with upside will still be there.

Or if you really want N. Ogwumike Offer Robinson and Appel to LA.

Robinson, Toliver, Beard, Parker, Lavender
with Philips, Dabovich, Bradford, Hamson, Tolo and Appel off the bench, LA might do it, that is a much more balanced team, and LA has the shooters to balance Robinson, and the scorers to balance Appel, and they seem like the type of players Agler would like.

I'd really like to see Ogwumike shine on a new team, making her the center piece in SA with McBride, Jefferson , and Hamby.

Sorry this isn't really related to the mock draft but it is the draft lottery that would make these trade possible for SA so i don't think it is too far off topic.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/25/15 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Or SA could go the other way, move on from Hughes and go for a toal rebuild around Jefferson, McBride and Hamby.

trade Robinson to LA for Lavender (I would try for Ogwumike but I'm not sure Robinson is enough)

trade Appel to Chicago for for the #10 pick and grab another young post Alleyne, McGee-Stafford, Hamblin, Bulgak, Graves, someone with upside will still be there.

Or if you really want N. Ogwumike Offer Robinson and Appel to LA.

Robinson, Toliver, Beard, Parker, Lavender
with Philips, Dabovich, Bradford, Hamson, Tolo and Appel off the bench, LA might do it, that is a much more balanced team, and LA has the shooters to balance Robinson, and the scorers to balance Appel, and they seem like the type of players Agler would like.

I'd really like to see Ogwumike shine on a new team, making her the center piece in SA with McBride, Jefferson , and Hamby.

Sorry this isn't really related to the mock draft but it is the draft lottery that would make these trade possible for SA so i don't think it is too far off topic.
Would Robinson and Adams be enough for Nneka?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 3 of 63

Jump to: