RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015-2016 Transfers and Injuries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 11/04/15 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quick recovery for Ashley and Ali as they are in our thoughts as are their families and teams.

PostPosted: 11/04/15 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The attrition train at Kentucky keeps on a-rollin'.....

Quote:
Jen Smith ‏@jenheraldleader 53m53 minutes ago

Kentucky sophomore forward Alyssa Rice will miss a month with foot injury. http://ukwomen.bloginky.com/2015/11/04/rice-out-a-month-with-foot-injury/

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/06/15 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

COLUMBIA, South Carolina — South Carolina reserve guard Doniyah Cliney will have wait a bit longer to start her college career after undergoing surgery on her right hand Friday.

Cliney injured herself in practice this week. The team had no timetable for Cliney's return, saying only that the redshirt freshman was expected to be out for several weeks.
http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/023d99d082a9419da742079d366ae88a/BKW--T25-South-Carolina-Cliney

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/06/15 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/110615aaa.html

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama freshman center Taylor Doan has ended her basketball career due to lingering knee issues, head coach Kristy Curry announced on Friday.

“Taylor came in and worked as hard as she could, but we understand that her long-term health is the most important thing for her future,” said Curry. “After Taylor committed to us she had several knee surgeries, and we stood by her commitment. We look forward to having her involved with our team in a managerial role.”

Doan, a 6-4 post from Kearney, Mo., was a McDonald’s All American Game nominee and was ranked the No. 57 overall prospect and the No. 10 post in the nation according to ESPNW HoopGurlz.

“Although this was a tough decision, I realized I have to do what is best for my long-term health,” said Doan. “I was hoping to come in and contribute, but my knee thought otherwise. Despite being sidelined, I’m going to continue to support my teammates and coaches and do everything I can to help the team be successful.”

Doan was a four-time first team all-conference and all-district selection and was named conference MVP her freshman year after averaging 11.4 points and 9.5 rebounds. She helped lead Kearney High School to three-straight conference championships as well as two district championships. Doan also made the Kearney Classic All-Star Team all three years and was voted second team all-state by the media as a sophomore.

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/06/15 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210477539

BOULDER – University of Colorado freshman Monica Burich will miss the 2015-16 women’s basketball season after tearing the ACL in her left knee, head coach Linda Lappe announced Friday.

Burich, a 6’2” forward, suffered the injury during a routine practice drill late last month.

“We all feel for Monica and hope for a very speedy recovery,” said Lappe. “Even though injuries are a part of sports, it’s always hard to lose a team member for the season. However, Monica is a fighter and is one of the most positive people I know so we’re confident she will come out of this stronger and better than ever."

A three-sport high school standout from Roseville, Minn., Burich averaged over 18 points per game and nine rebounds as a senior. She finished her prep career with 1,266 points, 830 rebounds, 342 assists and 302 steals and was a two-time Class 4A All-State selection by the Minnesota Girls Basketball Coaches Association.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/07/15 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terra Stapleton, who originally committed to Minnesota and played sparingly at Michigan last season as a freshman, announced she is transferring to Marshall per Twitter. Nice kid but never got mobile enough to fit in.

rykhala

PostPosted: 11/08/15 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Saniya Chong is injured? I did not see her listed on either of the boxscores for UCONN's two exhibition games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/08/15 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can remove Liz Wood, Maine from the injured list. She played in their preseason game.

- Amanda Gorman
Durantula

PostPosted: 11/08/15 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
You can remove Liz Wood, Maine from the injured list. She played in their preseason game.

Thanks, first post has been updated.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/08/15 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rykhala wrote:
Does anyone know if Saniya Chong is injured? I did not see her listed on either of the boxscores for UCONN's two exhibition games.

"Saniya has some IT band issues running up and down her leg that keeps you from running full speed," coach Geno Auriemma said.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-uconn-women-exhibition-advance-1102-20151101-story.html

But she is expected to be ready for the start of the season, unlike Natalie Butler.

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/09/15 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal women’s basketball guard Breanna Cavanaugh to take leave of absence

http://www.dailycal.org/2015/11/09/cal-womens-basketball-guard-breanna-cavanaugh-to-take-leave-of-absence/

fanaticka

PostPosted: 11/15/15 3:40 am    ::: Neydja Petithomme Reply Reply with quote

Auburn's sophomore point guard Neydja Petithomme has disappeared from the roster. Coach Flournoy commented on her in the UAB post game conference:

Quote:
On Neydja Petithomme…
“Neydja Petithomme has decided to pursue other opportunities. That was her decision; it was not our decision. As the Auburn women’s basketball team, we just deal with it and move on. We have to come out here and win some basketball games.”

Neydja finished last season as a starter averaging 22 minutes per game, 5.5 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.2 steals and leadong the team with 3.2 assists.

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/15/15 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penn State backup guard Amari Carter will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL. She was a top 25 recruit last year if I remember correctly. http://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports/women_basketball/article_92a4014a-8bec-11e5-abb2-af23651d1cec.html

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/15/15 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sylvia Hatchell expects star UNC forward Xylina McDaniel to return next week from an injury. http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=668062&SPID=12979&DB_LANG=C&SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=210501208

UNC forward Hillary Fuller has yet to play this year, so I think she is hurt (Carolina has 6 scholarship players getting game action the past two games), but I haven't seen any confirmation of this injury.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/15/15 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Penn State backup guard Amari Carter will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL. She was a top 25 recruit last year if I remember correctly. http://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports/women_basketball/article_92a4014a-8bec-11e5-abb2-af23651d1cec.html

Well that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing her.

Taya Reimer and Mychal Johnson both missed Notre Dame's exhibition game last week in order to rest injuries. Mychal played today against Bucknell. Taya didn't. Evidently has a nagging achilles pain. Not supposed to keep her out, but I think she'll sit until they think they need her.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 11/17/15 12:45 am    ::: Auburn ....On Neydja Petithomme… Reply Reply with quote

Terri Williams-Flournoy...

“Neydja Petithomme has decided to pursue other opportunities. That was her decision; it was not our decision. As the Auburn women’s basketball team, we just deal with it and move on. We have to come out here and win some basketball games.”

I don't know whether to feel sorry for Terri or throw this onto the bon fire of stumbles this coaching staff has made since arriving at Auburn. This appears to be a player leaving for personal reasons. Personal meaning a man and an expanded social calendar. If that is the case, that is her decision, but for the staff, this is the 3rd consecutive year that they have started the season having to improvise at the PG position. The staff is pathetic on the recruiting trail and being that Terri's seat is already burning embers its so hot, this year should be interesting to say the least.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/17/15 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know what happened to Leticia Romero in the Florida game?

PostPosted: 11/17/15 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Leticia Romero in the Florida game?

High ankle sprain

PostPosted: 11/18/15 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone here heard anything at all about why Gioya Carter isn't playing for OK? In her last post-game presser, Coale mentioned not having her "right now", but nothing else specific was said, and I can't find anything online about her....injury? what?

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Has anyone here heard anything at all about why Gioya Carter isn't playing for OK? In her last post-game presser, Coale mentioned not having her "right now", but nothing else specific was said, and I can't find anything online about her....injury? what?

Health issue, it appears.
https://twitter.com/GioyaCarter25/status/666834882576822272

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/18/15 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Howee wrote:

Health issue, it appears.
https://twitter.com/GioyaCarter25/status/666834882576822272

Sounds like jaw or dental surgery. Having had enough of that, I can certainly sympathize! Poor kid. Sad

PostPosted: 11/18/15 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, Carol Anne. I hope it's a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: 11/18/15 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim Mulkey announced two injuries today on the radio:

Alexis Prince had an MRI last night. Knee injury. Torn lateral meniscus ... not an ACL. 2-4 weeks out. When asked which knee, Mulkey stated that she thought it was the right knee. No problems with her feet - they are fine.

Alexandria Gulley has a stress reaction in her foot. Plans are to rest Gulley until conference play.

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/20/15 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
Kim Mulkey announced two injuries today on the radio:

Alexis Prince had an MRI last night. Knee injury. Torn lateral meniscus ... not an ACL. 2-4 weeks out. When asked which knee, Mulkey stated that she thought it was the right knee. No problems with her feet - they are fine.

Alexandria Gulley has a stress reaction in her foot. Plans are to rest Gulley until conference play.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/20/lady-bears-beat-usf-66-63-in-preseason-wnit/

Alexis Prince, who scored a team-best 16 points in a 97-42 WNIT quarterfinal win over Southern Miss on Monday, will miss 8-12 weeks following arthroscopic surgery after a tear in her lateral meniscus and some cartilage damage during practice Wednesday. That is much longer than the 2-4 weeks she had initially been expected to be out. “If we get to 8-12 weeks and she can help us, she wants to play. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it,” Mulkey said.

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/21/15 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU's Raigyne Moncrief will likely miss the rest of the season. Last year as a sophomore, Moncrief was LSU's 2nd leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder, and led the team in assists, steals, and blocks. http://www.lsureveille.com/daily/lsu-women-s-basketball-team-edges-out-victory-moncrief-likely/article_4aeff73a-90a8-11e5-be32-dbff90f419c5.html

The Lady Tigers (3-1, 0-0 Southeastern Conference) defeated Long Beach State, 59-53 — ending the 49ers’ best start to a season since they went 7-0 in 1985-86.

Junior guard Rina Hill and sophomore guard Jenna Deemer facilitated the Lady Tiger offense amid the absence of junior guard Raigyne Moncrief, who is likely to be sidelined for the rest of the season with a left knee injury that will require surgery.

“We all had to step up and be there for our teammate,” said senior forward Akilah Bethel, who finished with eight points, nine rebounds and three assists.

LSU coach Nikki Fargas said Moncrief will undergo surgery. Fargas said Moncrief tried to play through the injury early but surgery became inevitable. Moncrief will be eligible for a medical redshirt, Fargas said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: