RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015-2016 Transfers and Injuries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 02/23/16 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
OtterlyAmused wrote:
I noticed Grace Coughlin's name is no longer on the North Dakota roster. She transferred from Minnesota after the 2014-15 season. Does anyone know the reason she is no longer (one of the 17 listed) on the ND roster?

Chronic injuries, so she retired from basketball, as I understand

Thank you, Shades. Sounds tough to end that early.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/16 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad news, Oregon star Jillian Alleyne tore her ACL and will miss the remainder of the season. https://twitter.com/OregonWBB/status/703377091505451008

ball4life

PostPosted: 02/26/16 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been searching to no avail, does anyone know. 1) If a player (non graduate) has to sit out after second transfer and 2) will she lose a year of eligibility if sitting out? Thanks for the responses.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/27/16 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Bad news, Oregon star Jillian Alleyne tore her ACL and will miss the remainder of the season. https://twitter.com/OregonWBB/status/703377091505451008

That's horrible news, it always sucks when a player gets injured, but to have her collegiate career ended because of an injury is even worse. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Best of luck to her in her rehab and hopefully she can come back and go on to a successful professional career, if she chooses to go that route.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/27/16 4:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ball4life wrote:
I've been searching to no avail, does anyone know. 1) If a player (non graduate) has to sit out after second transfer and 2) will she lose a year of eligibility if sitting out? Thanks for the responses.

They have to sit out a year and it takes away from their eligibility because they have already used their redshirt year. I can't think of a player that this happened to recently, but I do remember a couple of players recently have done this. I think they can petition to not have to sit out a year, and there are some occasions when a player has transferred and not sat out a year, but that is the exception not the norm.

Not exactly the same thing, but Chrishae Rowe has 1.5 seasons of eligibility left instead of 2.5 season because she played one season at Oregon, redshirted a season at Kentucky, had she played at Kentucky she would have started the 1st of her 3 years of eligibility, but because of the issues she was dismissed, lost this season, signed at Ole Miss, has to sit out 1 year, which makes her eligible in December of the 2016-2017 season.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/27/16 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it just me, or are we losing a lot of key-to-their-team players right at the end of the year this year?

PostPosted: 02/29/16 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Theriot is done with ankle surgery: http://www.nbcneb.com/content/sports/Theriot-Will-not-Return-for-Huskers-370449191.html

And that knee injury for Kyndal Clark was career-ending: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/clark-made-difficult-decision-to-end-basketball-career/article_91c7d6ff-8162-55b1-a773-b05a6b3dfd7f.html

PostPosted: 03/01/16 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

And that knee injury for Kyndal Clark was career-ending: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/clark-made-difficult-decision-to-end-basketball-career/article_91c7d6ff-8162-55b1-a773-b05a6b3dfd7f.html

That's awfully rough at 23 to acknowledge you will need a knee replacement.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/16 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know if it's time for a 2016-17 thread yet, but we've already got some moving and shaking. Kansas's leading scorer Lauren Aldridge is transferring: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article65556657.html

PostPosted: 03/13/16 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taya Reimer to MSU???

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=37147;d=this

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/13/16 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Taya Reimer to MSU???

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=37147;d=this

That sounds like a smart move. Michigan State loses 5th year senior Akyah Taylor at power forward and 5th year center Jasmine Hines at center. They are going to be very thin in the paint (in terms of proven commodities; they have some young posts) so Reimer can step in right away at a position of need. This makes more sense than a lot of the transfers made by the high school 2013 class that have left their original schools in high numbers.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/13/16 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Don't know if it's time for a 2016-17 thread yet, but we've already got some moving and shaking. Kansas's leading scorer Lauren Aldridge is transferring: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article65556657.html

Okay, with so little details, you have to wonder what the heck the story is on this one.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/13/16 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Okay, with so little details, you have to wonder what the heck the story is on this one.

Kansas stinks and she doesn't want to be there any more?

PostPosted: 03/13/16 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I enjoyed watching her, but her stats dropped off in conference. Going to a mid major might be more enjoyable.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/16 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I thought the line about respecting her and her values was kind of interesting.

PostPosted: 03/14/16 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aldridges numbers aren't super stellar on a very sucky team. With Jessica Washington (North Carolina) and McKenzie Calvert (Southrn California) eligible next year maybe she sees some writing on the wall.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/15/16 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UVA WBB has announced that PG Mikayla Venson has left the program, effective immediately. She will not play in the WNIT.

WTF? (This just came across my Twitter feed, courtesy of LadySwish)

PostPosted: 03/17/16 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quotes from her mom here:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/cavalierinsider/departing-venson-needed-to-be-somewhere-else/article_0e322db2-e2d1-5e69-aa50-44d1dffda952.html

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/17/16 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know much about Venson or her situation, but I find it interesting that a fair number of UVA fans seem to feel she (and her parents) was a disruptive prima donna and that they're better off without her.

I'm skeptical, but I found it especially surprising considering that their coach is extremely unpopular and usually the magnet for criticism for anything and everything that goes wrong around the program.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/17/16 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“She loved UVa. She absolutely loved UVa. She loved the fans. She really loved her teammates and everything.”

Sounds like she didn't much care for Coach Boyle. If you look at the number of transfers, there seems to be a lot of that going around. OTOH, wasn't Venson the one who left high school and was homeschooled for a couple of years because of a health condition? She might have felt she deserved some kind of special treatment.

There's two sides to every story.

PostPosted: 03/17/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
“She loved UVa. She absolutely loved UVa. She loved the fans. She really loved her teammates and everything.”

Sounds like she didn't much care for Coach Boyle. If you look at the number of transfers, there seems to be a lot of that going around. OTOH, wasn't Venson the one who left high school and was homeschooled for a couple of years because of a health condition? She might have felt she deserved some kind of special treatment.

That's from her mother. And what do you expect her mother to say? But the word from some UVA fans is that her teammates didn't much like her.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/17/16 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

That's from her mother. And what do you expect her mother to say? But the word from some UVA fans is that her teammates didn't much like her.

Of course you were right there?

There was a lot of supposed mama drama around Kaela Davis, too. Funny thing, since she transferred to GA Tech there hasn't been any that I've heard about.

PostPosted: 03/17/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Of course you were right there?

There was a lot of supposed mama drama around Kaela Davis, too. Funny thing, since she transferred to GA Tech there hasn't been any that I've heard about.

Doesn't mean there isn't any, but out of sight out of mind. And mommy can't be complaining about playing time or role, now can she?

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/18/16 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I don't know much about Venson or her situation, but I find it interesting that a fair number of UVA fans seem to feel she (and her parents) was a disruptive prima donna and that they're better off without her.

I'm skeptical, but I found it especially surprising considering that their coach is extremely unpopular and usually the magnet for criticism for anything and everything that goes wrong around the program.

Hard to tell if its true but I think in women's sports chemistry means a lot. This past year it seems like Oklahoma State had half their team transfer and multiple assistants left but here they are back in the NCAA tournament. Likewise, Indiana lost Larryn Brooks and Agler and made the NCAA tourney for the first time in a long time, so there is some addition by subtraction going on in some cases. now Virginia may be different, they looked bad earlier in the year when their top wing Randolph got hurt, and she graduates this year so maybe she will be a bigger loss than Venson.

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/18/16 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Aldridges numbers aren't super stellar on a very sucky team. With Jessica Washington (North Carolina) and McKenzie Calvert (Southrn California) eligible next year maybe she sees some writing on the wall.

Agree! That was my first reaction, too. It also must have been a very non-fun season in Lawrence. That team looked terrible the two times I saw them on TV. Eeck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: