RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015-2016 Coaches Hot Seat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/02/16 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two coaches whose seasons are now over will be interesting to watch. UNC and Sylvia Hatchell have potential NCAA sanctions looming, and due to transfers and injuries really had no depth and a much lower talent level than usual. UNC has a large incoming recruiting class but on an individual level there aren't the highly touted standouts they are accustomed to bringing in.

Matt Bollant at Illinois has had to deal with off the court issues, as his assistant was fired or resigned. Players transferred, filed a lawsuit and its been a rough season at U of I. Will Hatchell and Bollant be back next year at their schools?

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 03/02/16 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arizona was let go correct?

tfan

PostPosted: 03/03/16 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
Arizona was let go correct?

Yes - Niya Butts out as Wildcats' women's basketball coach

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/03/16 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Two coaches whose seasons are now over will be interesting to watch. UNC and Sylvia Hatchell have potential NCAA sanctions looming, and due to transfers and injuries really had no depth and a much lower talent level than usual. UNC has a large incoming recruiting class but on an individual level there aren't the highly touted standouts they are accustomed to bringing in.

Matt Bollant at Illinois has had to deal with off the court issues, as his assistant was fired or resigned. Players transferred, filed a lawsuit and its been a rough season at U of I. Will Hatchell and Bollant be back next year at their schools?

UNC really has nothing to gain by firing Hatchell at this point, since sanctions seem inevitable and who wants to come into that? Better to let her ride those out and then try to rebuild the program.

Bollant is a whole other matter. He (or his assistant, who he was responsible for hiring) damaged the brand pretty badly. They finished in the basement of the B1G, despite a couple of decent players. The "glue" player, Kylley Simmons, is graduating. The most competent players are a freshman and a sophomore, and one of those is kind of streaky, from what I've seen. Illinois has a new AD who may prefer to let him go. (And if I were Chatrice White, I'd go elsewhere too, but I've already said that.)

PostPosted: 03/08/16 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

some folks on the TexAg board are hoping Gary Blair steps down. I don't think this is a groundswell to say the least but there are followers of the program who have been disappointed in the product on the floor the past few years especially with the highly ranked group of seniors in this years class. Couple that with dismal recruiting and some are really questioning whether the team can be an NCAA participant next season.

Vic Shaefers name is tossed around a lot as a possible replacement.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/08/16 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
some folks on the TexAg board are hoping Gary Blair steps down. I don't think this is a groundswell to say the least but there are followers of the program who have been disappointed in the product on the floor the past few years especially with the highly ranked group of seniors in this years class. Couple that with dismal recruiting and some are really questioning whether the team can be an NCAA participant next season.

Vic Shaefers name is tossed around a lot as a possible replacement.

Blair is 70, and given how successful Aston and Mulkey have been for in state recruiting, it makes some sense that they are not getting the same caliber of player. I wonder if the SEC makes things easier or harder. Easier in that they get good exposure from SEC Network, harder because they don't have conference games against the many in state schools like Texas, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech that I presume these in state kids look forward to playing.

Would Schaefer leave Miss State so soon after they gave him his first shot at a head coaching job? I know he probably loves Texas A&M too but that could be tough.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/21/16 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

George Washington's coach is the front runner for the Wisconsin job per this article http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/basketball/women/badgers-women-s-basketball-george-washington-s-jonathan-tsipis-emerges/article_1df0aa96-cb3f-5ee7-bada-a6c6c554aa0c.html

By the way, I didn't post this in the Coaching Changes thread because I thought that was for actual changes. Futureisbright if you see this, let me know if you don't mind coaching rumors in your thread, and I'll post there but didn't want to confuse people.

This may be a good hire but GW had a top WNBA draft pick on their team and I really want to know how his team would look without her. Not many A-10 coaches get top 5 WNBA picks to transfer in, big talent advantage there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: