RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It's time: Top 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colerr

PostPosted: 08/14/15 5:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

21. Texas (Presumes Imani McGee-Stafford is no longer with team, as she is not listed on the website.)

But Imani Boyette is on the team. Wink She got married in July.

http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6037&path=wbball

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/14/15 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here it is!

1. University of Connecticut
2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida State
5. University of Tennessee
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Arizona State
11. Kentucky
12. Louisville
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. George Washington
16. Chattanooga
17. South Florida
18. Nebraska
19. Gonzaga
20. California
21. Texas (Presumes Imani McGee-Stafford is no longer with team, as she is not listed on the website.)
22. UCLA
23. West Virginia
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Princeton

C'mon now, no Stanford? C'mon now.

Last edited by patsweetpat on 08/14/15 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/14/15 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fungai wrote:
1 Connecticut
2 Notre Dame
3 South Carolina
4 Baylor
5 Duke
6 Florida State
7 Ohio State
8 Louisville
9 Texas A&M
10 Tennessee
11 Michigan St
12 Maryland
13 Cal
14 Texas
15 Rutgers
16 Oregon St
17 Kentucky
18 Nebraska
19 South Dakota State
20 Syracuse
21 Dayton
22 Stanford
23 Arizona St
24 Oklahoma St
25 Northwestern

Why do I have Tenn so far down? First, they lost some good players to graduation. There is a lot riding on DeShields and Russell. Neither has played for a while and both seem prone to injury. There is a high potential for drama. Lastly, coaching has shown to be wanting. Can an offense be developed? Too many questions for a higher pre season rating.

Surface analysis. What do you have to put ahead of Holly & staff? I'm really over the diss with never a suggestion or alternative. Also, you don't go any farther than Russell and DD. You seem to be a rival or hater. *yawn*

Duke at #5 with Coach P? Not bloody likely, at least not for long. A&M? Probably not either.

PostPosted: 08/14/15 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colerr wrote:

But Imani Boyette is on the team. Wink She got married in July.

http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6037&path=wbball

Oh. There she is.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/14/15 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Here it is!

2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Arizona State
11. Kentucky
12. Louisville
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. George Washington
16. Chattanooga
17. South Florida
18. Nebraska
19. Gonzaga
20. California
22. UCLA
23. West Virginia
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Princeton

Well, at first I considered that Stanford had enough moxiSe to beat the mighty Huskies; however, I proceeded to become very pessimistic about their chances. Stanford has a LOT of unproven qualities--(so does Cal for that matter.) which make me reluctant to go--oh, look, this team is worthy of being a top team.

Lilli Thompson and Briana Roberson are great, but at the end of last season, it was the Seniors, namely Taylor Greenfield, who stepped up to the plate to carry Stanford to a remarkable post-season run exceeding our expectations based on the seasons results.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/14/15 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Here it is!

2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Arizona State
11. Kentucky
12. Louisville
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. George Washington
16. Chattanooga
17. South Florida
18. Nebraska
19. Gonzaga
20. California
22. UCLA
23. West Virginia
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Princeton

Well, at first I considered that Stanford had enough moxiSe to beat the mighty Huskies; however, I proceeded to become very pessimistic about their chances. Stanford has a LOT of unproven qualities--(so does Cal for that matter.) which make me reluctant to go--oh, look, this team is worthy of being a top team.

Lilli Thompson and Briana Roberson are great, but at the end of last season, it was the Seniors, namely Taylor Greenfield, who stepped up to the plate to carry Stanford to a remarkable post-season run exceeding our expectations based on the seasons results.

Lili + Roberson + Kaylee + TVD = Top 25 to me. I think you're playin' possum.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/14/15 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Here it is!

2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Arizona State
11. Kentucky
12. Louisville
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. George Washington
16. Chattanooga
17. South Florida
18. Nebraska
19. Gonzaga
20. California
22. UCLA
23. West Virginia
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Princeton

What team were you watching as Greenfield was a waste of space for four years, 2 offensive games in Pac tourney don't mean diddly squat, she was the worst defender Stanford has ever had and the worst player i have ever had to endure watching as far as effort goes.

V OK 0/4, 1 reb, 1 TO, v ND 2/8, 3 rebs in post season play, yeah she really showed up LOL.

Stats 4.4ppg, shot 31% from 3, 2 rebs per game, nothing else really even though she was inserted into the starting line up as a freshman over Jos Tinkle.

It will be a positive that she is no longer on the team.

Fungai

PostPosted: 08/14/15 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Fungai wrote:
1 Connecticut
2 Notre Dame
3 South Carolina
4 Baylor
5 Duke
6 Florida State
7 Ohio State
8 Louisville
9 Texas A&M
10 Tennessee
11 Michigan St
12 Maryland
13 Cal
14 Texas
15 Rutgers
16 Oregon St
17 Kentucky
18 Nebraska
19 South Dakota State
20 Syracuse
21 Dayton
22 Stanford
23 Arizona St
24 Oklahoma St
25 Northwestern

Why do I have Tenn so far down? First, they lost some good players to graduation. There is a lot riding on DeShields and Russell. Neither has played for a while and both seem prone to injury. There is a high potential for drama. Lastly, coaching has shown to be wanting. Can an offense be developed? Too many questions for a higher pre season rating.

Surface analysis. What do you have to put ahead of Holly & staff? I'm really over the diss with never a suggestion or alternative. Also, you don't go any farther than Russell and DD. You seem to be a rival or hater. *yawn*

Duke at #5 with Coach P? Not bloody likely, at least not for long. A&M? Probably not either.

OK, move Tenn up to 8, Duke 9 TAMU down to 10. Can't argue with your point on coach P. Still don't think much of Holly and staff though. Run of the mill coaches with a lot of good press stemming from Pat. Why go further than Diamond and Mercedes? They are the big stars. The rest are players no better than many other teams have.

Regarding the yawn, perhaps a nap will help.

Why do I have to be a rival or hater just because I don't agree with your opinion? I've been wrong before, but also have been right. Guess we'll see who is right in 8 or so months. Good luck with the Grind for Nine!

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/14/15 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Here it is!

2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Arizona State
11. Kentucky
12. Louisville
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. George Washington
16. Chattanooga
17. South Florida
18. Nebraska
19. Gonzaga
20. California
22. UCLA
23. West Virginia
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Princeton

What team were you watching as Greenfield was a waste of space for four years, 2 offensive games in Pac tourney don't mean diddly squat, she was the worst defender Stanford has ever had and the worst player i have ever had to endure watching as far as effort goes.

V OK 0/4, 1 reb, 1 TO, v ND 2/8, 3 rebs in post season play, yeah she really showed up LOL.

Stats 4.4ppg, shot 31% from 3, 2 rebs per game, nothing else really even though she was inserted into the starting line up as a freshman over Jos Tinkle.

Oh, she's a waste of space? When Taylor was a Sophomore, I seem to recall there only two teams to beat a Brittany Griner, Baylor in 2012. Stanford was one of them. Taylor Greenfield shot 4-6 from three in that game en route to a 16 point performance, helping to snap Baylor's 42 game winning streak.

As a Junior, Taylor Greenfield scored 11 points in a 76-70 victory of the Lady Vols as one of only three Stanford players in double digits. Without her scoring, the Lady Vols likely beat Stanford.

Those are just two examples outside of her Tournament Run last year--she had other good games against weaker teams, but those are her best games.
If you're willing to overlook the long stretches where she wasn't impactful due to inconsistency, you might be able to show that she earned her scholarship with what she did do.

What I worry about with Stanford, yes, Amber is gone, but perhaps even more important is the departure of Bonnie Samuelson. Samuelson, as a stretch four, was able to create problems for opposing defenses, and opened up space for other players to operate in. While I'm sure that Tara has many tricks up her sleeve, I'm still unsure whether a player like Lilli Thompson can carry them through tough games.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 08/15/15 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, she's a waste of space? When Taylor was a Sophomore, I seem to recall there only two teams to beat a Brittany Griner, Baylor in 2012. Stanford was one of them. Taylor Greenfield shot 4-6 from three in that game en route to a 16 point performance, helping to snap Baylor's 42 game winning streak.

As a Junior, Taylor Greenfield scored 11 points in a 76-70 victory of the Lady Vols as one of only three Stanford players in double digits. Without her scoring, the Lady Vols likely beat Stanford.

Those are just two examples outside of her Tournament Run last year--she had other good games against weaker teams, but those are her best games.
If you're willing to overlook the long stretches where she wasn't impactful due to inconsistency, you might be able to show that she earned her scholarship with what she did do.

What I worry about with Stanford, yes, Amber is gone, but perhaps even more important is the departure of Bonnie Samuelson. Samuelson, as a stretch four, was able to create problems for opposing defenses, and opened up space for other players to operate in. While I'm sure that Tara has many tricks up her sleeve, I'm still unsure whether a player like Lilli Thompson can carry them through tough games.

To be fair Greenfield was not a waste of space, nobody is. She had 19 games scoring in double digits in her 4 years on the farm, However, she also had 43 games where she scored 0 points during that same period. I also think she wasnt that good a defensive player.

I do agree that the loss of Amber and Bonnie will hurt the farm. Lili and Karlie will have to have some top efforts, and stay healthy, for the entire year for the farm to be a Top 25 team. I think Stanford is borderline Top 25 right now, with a lot of "Ifs" in the equation. I root for all Pac12 teams to do well, so lets hope for the best.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/15/15 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Here it is!

2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Arizona State
11. Kentucky
12. Louisville
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. George Washington
16. Chattanooga
17. South Florida
18. Nebraska
19. Gonzaga
20. California
22. UCLA
23. West Virginia
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Princeton

I bet it took you a while to pick out those games for crying out loud just look at her career stats. Again, I direct you to her defense as even in those limited games you speak of, she gave up more LOL Tara bounced her finally half way through her junior year as she herself had had enough. Watch on tape her body language and you will see a very self centered individual, which by the way I saw for myself first hand at the games I attended and ALL of my Stanford buddies got extremely tired of watching her.

But I do see the other losses and hopefully as you say Tara or probably the coach doing the game scout, will have something up her sleeve.

colt13

PostPosted: 08/17/15 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I get called a troll every year, but i'm doing it anyway.

1.UCONN
2.Maryland
3.Notre Dame
4.Florida State
5.Washington
6.Texas
7.Baylor
8.Oregon State
9.South Carolina
10.Arizona State
11.Ohio State
12.Duke
13.Louisville
14.Missouri
15.Tennessee
16.Stanford
17.Oklahoma
18.Kentucky
19.UT Chattanooga
20.Northern Colorado
21.California
22.Albany
23.North Carolina
24.Wyoming
25.South Florida

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/17/15 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

colt13 wrote:
I know I get called a troll every year, but i'm doing it anyway.

1.UCONN
2.Maryland
3.Notre Dame
4.Florida State
5.Washington
6.Texas
7.Baylor
8.Oregon State
9.South Carolina
10.Arizona State
11.Ohio State
12.Duke
13.Louisville
14.Missouri
15.Tennessee
16.Stanford
17.Oklahoma
18.Kentucky
19.UT Chattanooga
20.Northern Colorado
21.California
22.Albany
23.North Carolina
24.Wyoming
25.South Florida

A 10-8 Team in the Mountain West? A North Carolina without any of their impact player from last year? A Northern Colorado with losses to Utah State, Montana, North Dakota, and Weber State?

Okay.

Washington? Aminah Williams and Jazmine Davis are huge losses for the Huskies. Plum is brilliant, but she needs a supporting crew.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/17/15 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 Connecticut
2 South Carolina
3 Notre Dame
4 Baylor
5 Florida State
6 Tennessee
7 Oregon State
8 Ohio State
9 Texas
10 Northwestern
11 Kentucky
12 Maryland
13 Cal
14 Louisville
15 Duke
16 George Washington
17 Arizona State
18 A & M
19 Iowa
20 Stanford
21 Dayton
22 Michigan State
23 Rutgers
24 Georgetown
25 Syracuse

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/17/15 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

22 Michigan State
23 Rutgers
24 Georgetown
25 Syracuse

Out of curiosity, why Georgetown?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/17/15 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

22 Michigan State
23 Rutgers
24 Georgetown
25 Syracuse

Ooops, George Washington.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/17/15 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

22 Michigan State
23 Rutgers
24 Georgetown
25 Syracuse

Ooops, George Washington.

You already have them at 16.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/17/15 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Totally agree on WA, they are big big losses and don't seem to have anyone else that will help.

Matt5762

PostPosted: 08/17/15 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not ready to make my own list yet, but...

On the mid-major front, I'm really surprised at the lack of respect for FGCU. On paper, that's a team that looks to be significantly improved from last season when they finished 20/21 in the polls (and in similar stead in the power ratings), bringing back nearly the entire roster and adding a couple SEC transfers.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 08/18/15 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The duo of Kelsey Plum and Talia Walton will keep Washington competitive enough to at least make it back to the NCAAs. If Deja Strother makes an immediate impact, or if Bri Ruiz steps up her game, I think they could be really good. That being said, I thought I was a homer for having them in at 23. 5 is quite a stretch. Oregon State returns almost everything, including all 4 of their star players and HAVE to be considered the favorites in the Pac-12. And I have to say I'm not on board the Cal train. They lost 2 WNBA players from a team that finished 4th in the conference. Expecting them to IMPROVE enough to actually finish 1st this year is beyond unrealistic.

1. Connecticut
2. South Carolina
3. Baylor (Mulkey+Davis+Johnson+Jones...that offense will be a spectacle)
4. Florida State
5. Tennessee
6. Notre Dame
7. Ohio State
8. Oregon State
9. Duke
10. Kentucky

11. Texas
12. Maryland (The loss of Brown is going to be HUGE)
13. Louisville
14. Arizona State
15. Texas A&M
16. Oklahoma
17. Stanford
18. Syracuse
19. George Washington
20. Rutgers
21. UCLA
22. Michigan State
23. Washington
24. Northwestern
25. Mississippi State

Just Missed: Arkansas, California, Gonzaga, Nebraska, West Virginia

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 08/18/15 4:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why DePaul isn't getting any attention. We may have lost Hrynko; however, we bring back our most efficient scorers as well as our best facilitator. They may not start out in the top 25, but they will eventually get there.

1. UCONN
2. Notre Dame
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. Baylor
6. Florida State
7. Louisville
8. Ohio State
9. Texas
10. Maryland
11. Duke
12. Kentucky
13. Texas
14. Stanford
15. Oregon State
16. Texas A&M
17. Mississippi State
18. California
19. USF
20. DePaul
21. George Washington
22. UCLA
23. Chatanooga
24. Dayton
25. Arizona State

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/23/15 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dead Wrong in Public once again:

1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
4. Texas
5. South Carolina
6. Florida State
7. Ohio State
8. Tennessee
9. Mississippi State
10. Arizona State
11. Duke
12. Louisville
13. Oregon State
14. Maryland
15. South Florida
16. Rutgers
17. Texas A&M
18. Kentucky
19. Florida Gulf Coast
20. Syracuse
21. Green Bay
22. James Madison
23. California
24. Northwestern
25. Chattanooga

PostPosted: 08/23/15 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Dead Wrong in Public once again:

1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
4. Texas
5. South Carolina
6. Florida State
7. Ohio State
8. Tennessee
9. Mississippi State
10. Arizona State
11. Duke
12. Louisville
13. Oregon State
14. Maryland
15. South Florida
16. Rutgers
17. Texas A&M
18. Kentucky
19. Florida Gulf Coast
20. Syracuse
21. Green Bay
22. James Madison
23. California
24. Northwestern
25. Chattanooga

Clay,

I look forward to reading your synopsis on each team. Will it be posted in Slam online again?

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/24/15 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only the top ten go in SLAM (it goes in the print version too) ...

I wish I could have gotten a mid-major in the top ten (aside from UConn, of course) but the big girls seem to be in charge this year.

PostPosted: 08/24/15 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a bad top ten Clay. I think some are underestimating ND, not sure why but they have been proved wrong before, their returners are good enough to keep them there. After top ten it's a crap shoot and could be a lot of the usual suspects as experience can go a long way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: