RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sylvia's contract not extended.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/26/16 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In short, the NCAA has pretty much killed itself. They completely protected the 2 special programs at UNC, and in doing so, have given every school the template for how to cheat successfully without being accused of "impermissible benefits." Just include some non athletes and you are A-OK.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/26/16 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

And there were criminal charges filed against Julius N'yongo and others. Would you like me to post those for you, or will you not read that as well?

Yes please. Give us the name of each individual, the charges against each person, and the disposition. Should be easy for easy for you considering how you have every tidbit of information gathered and catalogued, right.

Here I'll get you started.

Julius Nyang'oro - one single count of obtaining property by false pretenses - dismissed nearly two years ago without prosecution, trial or penalty.

There, you just need to provide the information for all the "OTHERS".

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/09/16 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it looks like Art discovered Google. So perhaps you can read through the documents and the links that were posted and made available, instead of forming your opinions without reading anything.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/09/16 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's the matter? Having trouble finding all those nonexistant "others" who were supposedly indicted? Go ahead, you can admit there never were any others. Only Nyang'oro who was charged to pressure him to cooperate with investigators, and when he did, the charges were dropped. Ooops, no criminal charges.

If I hadn't read anything, then I wouldn't know that what you wrote was untrue.

Just like your endless refrain that I haven't read any of the evidence and reports is untrue.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/10/16 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except what I posted as true.

You already admitted that you did not read things. You admitted it multiple times in this thread.

My apologies. Did not mean to use your own admissions and your actual statements against you.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/10/16 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Except what I posted as true.

You already admitted that you did not read things. You admitted it multiple times in this thread.

My apologies. Did not mean to use your own admissions and your actual statements against you.

Right. Laughing Laughing Laughing
And I'm still waiting for a list of all those criminal charges too. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/10/16 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm waiting for something to happen at UNC. Women give birth in less time than it's taken to "investigate" this mess.

PostPosted: 05/10/16 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

And I'm still waiting for a list of all those criminal charges too. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

There were criminal charges filed. You admitted that.

I would love to continue to engage in a battle of wits with you, but I I am concerned about the fact that you are perpetually unarmed.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/10/16 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

There were criminal charges filed. You admitted that.

I would love to continue to engage in a battle of wits with you, but I I am concerned about the fact that you are perpetually unarmed.

aaaaand this is where I have to once again remind everyone NOT TO MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS. Attack the ideas. Attack the evidence. DO NOT ATTACK THE POSTER.

(now with spelling variations)
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/11/16 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNCs Sylvia Hatchell: Hard not to say her program is scapegoat

Quote:

In the amended notice, though, there is no mention of mens basketball or football. Womens basketball, it appears, is the only sport that faces a significant risk of serious NCAA sanctions, and that reality has fed the perception that Hatchell and her program are being left to take a fall.

Well, you know, Hatchell said, shaking her head at thought shes heard many times in the past year that womens basketball is playing the role of a patsy, its hard not to say that.

Quote:

Football and mens basketball players used those courses in greater numbers than any other sport. Yet the classes themselves, the NCAA Enforcement Staff decided, didnt constitute a violation of NCAA rules

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article76836992.html#storylink=cpy

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/12/16 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC has released the supporting documents from the Amended NOA:

http://3qh929iorux3fdpl532k03kg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NCAA-amended-NOA-exhibits.pdf

The Wainstein Report (FI32) and accompanying Exhibits (FI33) and Supplements (FI34) are STILL listed in the Factual Information.

Those provide more than enough evidence to demonstrate that UNC men's basketball and football engaged in systemic academic improprieties and fraud in order to keep athletes eligible for the better part of two decades (many of these documents have been posted or summarized in this thread). These documents formed the basis of the initial NOA. There is zero reason to continue to include them while not including the two major revenue sports in the ANOA.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/13/16 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
UNC has released the supporting documents from the Amended NOA:

http://3qh929iorux3fdpl532k03kg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NCAA-amended-NOA-exhibits.pdf

The Wainstein Report (FI32) and accompanying Exhibits (FI33) and Supplements (FI34) are STILL listed in the Factual Information.

Those provide more than enough evidence to demonstrate that UNC men's basketball and football engaged in systemic academic improprieties and fraud in order to keep athletes eligible for the better part of two decades (many of these documents have been posted or summarized in this thread). These documents formed the basis of the initial NOA. There is zero reason to continue to include them while not including the two major revenue sports in the ANOA.

Have you guys found out who the Count of MonteCristo is? Razz

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/16/16 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Have you guys found out who the Count of MonteCristo is? Razz

Have to admit, that was sheer brilliance on his part. Even fooled manilishi.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/17/16 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
UNC has parsed its words carefully, especially when it comes to describing the classes at the heart of the scandal. The classes never met and were not supervised by a professor; a paper was required but often not read and grades were generous.

Former Gov. Jim Martin, who conducted one of several investigations into the classes, called them phantom classes. Holden Thorp, when he was chancellor, described the classes as academic fraud. So did the accreditation agency.

Since Carol Folt has been chancellor, UNC has described the classes as irregular, aberrant or anomalous. If Carolina described the classes as academic fraud to the NCAA, that could lead to an unethical conduct violation and harsh penalties.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/john-drescher/article77435637.html#storylink=cpy

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/08/16 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The irony of the Chancellor of the only Tier One Research University to ever be placed on SACS probation declaring that universities should be reformed and suggesting the new "Carolina Way" as a means of remedy...

How to Fix Higher Education
Carol Folt, chancellor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, makes the case for more nimble, student-focused and collaborative schools

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-fix-higher-education-1465309118

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/08/16 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course Folt only came to UNC in Oct 2013 and thus had zero to do with any of those UNC issues, but hey, why start providing a complete picture now.

Maybe you can explain for us what's so "ironic" about a respected educator who was at Dartmouth from 1983 to 2013 making these comments.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/08/16 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Of course Folt only came to UNC in Oct 2013 and thus had zero to do with any of those UNC issues, but hey, why start providing a complete picture now.

Maybe you can explain for us what's so "ironic" about a respected educator who was at Dartmouth from 1983 to 2013 making these comments.

Folt is the current UNC President. She was there during the first NOA, the second NOA, and the placement of UNC on probation.

Second, the failure to disclose violations which resulted in an amended response to the NCAA and the NCAA's issuance of the second NOA, occurred on her watch. The failure to provide all requested information, the failure to disclose additional incidents/violations, and the response were all on her watch, which resulted in the second NOA.

Thank you for your interest.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/08/16 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Folt is the current UNC President. She was there during the first NOA, the second NOA, and the placement of UNC on probation.

Second, the failure to disclose violations which resulted in an amended response to the NCAA and the NCAA's issuance of the second NOA, occurred on her watch. The failure to provide all requested information, the failure to disclose additional incidents/violations, and the response were all on her watch, which resulted in the second NOA.

Irony: The expression of ones meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Rolling Eyes

But hey, I understand. It had been nearly a month since your last post. It's tough to keep the issue alive when there's absolutely nothing new to discuss.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/08/16 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Irony: The expression of ones meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Rolling Eyes

But hey, I understand. It had been nearly a month since your last post. It's tough to keep the issue alive when there's absolutely nothing new to discuss.

Irony...ArtBest has so much to say and comment, yet cannot read the responses that answer his questions.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/08/16 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="CamrnCrz1974"]
ArtBest23 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Irony...ArtBest has so much to say and comment, yet cannot read the responses that answer his questions.[/quote]

Laughing Rolling Eyes Very Happy Laughing

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/08/16 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Irony...ArtBest has so much to say and comment, yet cannot read the responses that answer his questions.[/quote]

Laughing Rolling Eyes Very Happy Laughing

Characteristic waste of bandwidth ^^^^.

I wonder how many more times you will completely disregard the multiple warnings to cease the personal attacks.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/08/16 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't say you weren't warned.

(now with spelling variations)
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/16/16 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC removed from probation by accreditor

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article84158937.html

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 06/18/16 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sylvia Hatchells new book tops a bestseller list
Highlights:
Hatchells book about cancer fight, titled Fight! Fight! was released earlier this week
It details her 18-month battle after she was diagnosed with leukemia
Recent years have brought Hatchell no shortage of challenges
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article84453662.html#storylink=cpy
via http://hoopism.blogspot.com/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/20/16 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Sylvia Hatchells new book tops a bestseller list
Highlights:
Hatchells book about cancer fight, titled Fight! Fight! was released earlier this week
It details her 18-month battle after she was diagnosed with leukemia
Recent years have brought Hatchell no shortage of challenges
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article84453662.html#storylink=cpy
via http://hoopism.blogspot.com/

^ Is there a chapter entitled, "How to remove bus tire marks from your clothing?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: