RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Allisha Gray leaving UNC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themick1952

PostPosted: 06/16/15 12:27 pm    ::: Allisha Gray leaving UNC Reply Reply with quote

Tweet from Dan Olson:
Alisha Gray (5-10 SG Soph) released at North Carolina; 2 years left; contact Matt Huddleston (404-502-1752). @CGBR27 @espnW

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/16/15 12:33 pm    ::: Re: Allisha Gray leaving UNC Reply Reply with quote

themick1952 wrote:
Tweet from Dan Olson:
Alisha Gray (5-10 SG Soph) released at North Carolina; 2 years left; contact Matt Huddleston (404-502-1752). @CGBR27 @espnW

And given what is occurring at UNC at the moment, any transfer out may have a pretty good case for immediate eligibility at their new school.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/16/15 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa! Does anyone else expect a mass exodus, given the school's one year loss of accreditation and *possible* penalties by the NCAA?

PostPosted: 06/16/15 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Whoa! Does anyone else expect a mass exodus, given the school's one year loss of accreditation and *possible* penalties by the NCAA?

They haven't lost and won't lose their accreditation.

If they do get severe samctions, free unrestricted opportunity to transfer will probably be part if it.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/16/15 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe she still wants to play with Washington.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 06/16/15 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/6/16/8790533/allisha-gray-leaving-north-carolina

PostPosted: 06/16/15 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

They haven't lost and won't lose their accreditation.

If they do get severe samctions, free unrestricted opportunity to transfer will probably be part if it.

Excuse me, being put on *probation* by SACS and possible penalties by the NCAA was what I meant. In any case, it could get nasty, and it rather seems like they might land on the women's team, rather than the men's team which apparently richly deserves it....but the men are the money makers, so THEY can't be touched, or some such nonsense.

PostPosted: 06/16/15 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where are you hearing this nonsense that they will come down on the women's team and not the men's team?

Durantula

PostPosted: 06/16/15 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

themick1952 wrote:
Where are you hearing this nonsense that they will come down on the women's team and not the men's team?

Did you read the document from the NCAA? The women's team definitely has more to worry about than the men's team.

terpsforever

PostPosted: 06/17/15 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, so many high profile players switching schools. Wonder where she will end up. TN??

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/17/15 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably not. TN is pretty guard-heavy. Now if she were a post player......

PostPosted: 06/17/15 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Frankly, I have been surprised that more UNC football/basketball student athletes haven't followed suit in lieu of what the NCAA SHOULD do to those programs...EIGHTEEN YEARS?!? Are they freaking kidding me?!? Nice job UNC officials and nice job NCAA for being all over this one...NOT. LOL

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/17/15 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Give 'em a couple of days.....it has to register first.

PostPosted: 06/17/15 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyLionsFan wrote:
Frankly, I have been surprised that more UNC football/basketball student athletes haven't followed suit in lieu of what the NCAA SHOULD do to those programs...EIGHTEEN YEARS?!? Are they freaking kidding me?!? Nice job UNC officials and nice job NCAA for being all over this one...NOT. LOL
You're a Penn State fan right? When Pitt fans and others were calling for the Penn St. Football program to shutdown for 3-4 years because of the Sandusky scandal, did you agree with them?

Howee

PostPosted: 06/17/15 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never understood how Sylvia roped in that class to begin with, but....it's all moot now. Only Mavunga remains. Unfortunate, really.

PostPosted: 06/18/15 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This totally came as a surprise. I haven't been following the violations stuff but just thought this kid was not the type to jump ship.

- Amanda Gorman
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/18/15 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:
You're a Penn State fan right? When Pitt fans and others were calling for the Penn St. Football program to shutdown for 3-4 years because of the Sandusky scandal, did you agree with them?

Yeah, I was going to bring up Sandusky but you beat me to it. Stones, glass houses...

LadyLionsFan

PostPosted: 06/18/15 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:

Yeah, I was going to bring up Sandusky but you beat me to it. Stones, glass houses...

Yes, I am proud to say I am a Penn State fan. I did not agree that the NCAA had any right to get involved in the JERRY SANDUSKY sex scandal. Notice I said the JERRY SANDUSKY sex scandal. In fact Mark Emmert's two predesesors both stated publicly that "the NCAA had no business getting involved in the Jerry Sandusky scandal. The Jerry Sandusky scandal was and always should have been a legal matter for the courts to decide. Penn State's football program did not and no on connected with the program did not violate one single NCAA rule, or reglation.

Penn State was tried in the 'court of public opinion' and was found guilty in the PRESS and MEDIA. Mark Emmert caved to the pressure that ESPN especially brrought to bear when they would libel, slander and character assasinate Joe Paterno who did the right thing and reported the alleged 'shower' incident to his superior Tim Curley, the then AD at Penn State University.

Unlike at North Carolina where the football team and their basketball teams CLEARLY GAINED 'ATHLETIC ADVANTTAGE by using their fake classes and grade fixing so that players who should have been ineligible to play played instead and helped UNC to win championships. Penn State gained no athletci advantage over the ACTIONS OF ONE MAN...WHO ACTED INDIVIDUALLY. BTW, no less than THE State Attorney General of Pennsylvania said and I quote: "Joe Paterno has cooperated fully and is guilty of no wrongdoing." End quote.

The thing is as a Penn State fan I have actually read the Louis Freeh report and there is not one shred of evidence that Joe Paterno knew of the 1998 arrest of Jerry Sandusky for an alleged incident involving a minor. NONE. Again, the highest law enforcement officer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania said so. The DA's office for Centre County, PA decided not to press charges back in 1998 as he felt that there simply was not enough evidence to find Jerry Sandusky guilty BTW the only documented incident to take place on Penn State University grounds was in the Lasch Football building alledgedly in 2001...BTW Jerry Sandusky was found NOT GUILTY of that particular charge. Also, Jerry Sandusky had not been an employee of PSU for three years when the 2001 incident allegedly happened. Are you aware that the alleged victim of the 2001 "victim" never came forward?!

Chain of events regarding the now infamous 'shower incident': Mike McQueary an assistant football coach at Penn State said that while he was walking past the showers inside the Lasch football bldg., that he saw a naked man and a young naked boy and that he THOUGHT that he heard what he described as "sexual sounds." So he then calls the police right?!? NO! He goes to a telephone and calls his father! A few hours later he goes to his dad's house and meets with his dad and his dad's best friend a doctor by the name of Dr. Dranov. He proceeds to tell them what he THINKS that he heard coming from the shower area. Mind you this is SEVERAL HOURS AFTER the alleged incident...McQueary's daddy tells his then 28 y.o. grad assistant coach son that they will call Joe Paterno first thing in the morning, which they did. So the NEXT DAY McQueary with daddy in tow goes to Joe Paterno's office where he proceeds to tell Joe what McQueary himself testified to be a quote "watered doen version" of the alleged incident. So now we are something like 15 hours removed from the alleged incident. Joe immediately informs is boss, PSU AD Tim Curley of what McQueary had just told him. A little background information here: AD Tim Curley and Penn State Vice-President Gary Schultz both DID have knowledge of the alleged 1998 charges that a mother pressed against Jerry Sandusky as they both fully cooperated with the State College police in the matter. So they were fully aware that in that 1998 alleged incident the DA decided not to press charges. After hearing the "watered down version" of what allegedly happened that McQueary told Joe and Joe repeated to Curley and Schultz the two men were faced with a difficult decision. Difficult because they did not witness ANYTHING.....McQueary...I'll get to that in a minute. They also knew that the DA did not press charges three years earlier and they knew that at that time Jerry Sandusky had a squeaky clean reputation in the community.

It is unbelievable that Mike McQueary who stands 6-5 and weighs around 250+ pounds a former football player at Penn St. (QB) did not look more closely in the shower and put an immediate end to it by going to the aide of the poor defenseless alleged victim. And then McQueary follows that up by NOT CALLING THE POLICE!!! Unbelievable. He claimed later that he heard something that sounded like sex and yet he did not call the police who would have been there in minutes. So instead he calls his daddy and they meet hours later and the rest is history. If anyone on this board saw say a bank robbery in progress. Are you going to wait and call your daddy later and then hours later meet and tell your father what you saw and then meet the next day say with your boss tp in some cockeyed way involve your boss and so on. OR are you going to do what any five year old kid would know to do and CALL THE POLICE?!?

Regarding the Freeh Report...if the two of you watched his PC...I did. He kept saying over and over things like "you could infer from this" or you could make the assumption" and so on. Out of tens of thousands of emails that Freeh and his attorneys sifted through he found just ONE that he (Freeh) assumed was referring to Joe Paterno. It wasn't and btw, Joe was not computer litterate. He never used one. Anyhow, that one email that Freeh cites in his presser (go and check it out) he says that in an 1998 email from AD Tim Curley to VP Gary Schultz that it says and I quote: "coach wants to know the status of the investigation." End quote. The reason that anyone associated with Penn State University would know was nott referring to Joe Paterno is simply because Joe always insisted that EVERYONE refer to him as "Joe" He was never referrred to as coach, not even his players as his insisted that they call him by name. The coach who would have been have had a keen interest in the status of the investigation was of course JERRY SANDUSKY. He is the one who could have been facing criminal charges and so the email that Louis Freeh referred to had nothing to do with Joe.

To this day Sue Paterno, Joe's surviving wife and several other plaintiffs are suing the crap out of Mark Emmert, the so-called executive committee and the NCAA. This court matter is still in process and as usual with such matters is being dragged out by the NCAA no doubt wants it to beoome public knowledge that they allegedly were in collusion with the Freeh Group in what was supposed to be an independent investigation. The truth will eventually come as one esteemed John Dean once said.

If you haven't noticed the NCAA has removed the penalties that they imposed on an innocent Penn State football program. Thereby admitting that they were wrong to do so and that they had mo jurisdiction in the matter in the first place. Now Mark Emmert has not said this publicly as that would mean he has a soul and he doesn't. I mean it isn't like the NCAA hasn't every botched up anything before right?!?

There's a TON more to this story...an alleged sex ring that operated out of the SM, that allegedly involved extremely high up and powerful people in govenrment, where young boys were allegedly abused. There's a reason that the then 32 members of the PSU BOT hired Louis Freeh to throw Joe and his innocent football program under the bus. In fact they paid that liar $6,000,000. to do so. People will do and say just about anything for that kind of money. Thnigs like you could infer, you could surmise, you could make the assumption. I'll give you a small hint at some of what has been going on...EX Pennsylvania (Penn State fans took joy in voting him out of office after just one horrid term) Govenor Tom Corbett was one of those 32 BOT members...remember PSU is a STATE university. And according to several BOT members at the time he led the charge to get Joe fired immediately. Allegedly he used his position as Governor and the power that goes with it to strong arm other BOT members to vote Joe fired.

NEWS FLASH: There was a coverup in the Jerry Sandusky sex scandal, but it did not involve Joe Paterno or his football staff or players.....it involved the PSU BOT, Second Mile and higher ups in the Pennsylvania state govenrment. But the two of you just show your ignorance (lack of knowledge) by posting about something that you know nothing about.

Last, even the cockeyed court of public opinion that once called for Penn State to basically be nuked had now come full circle and ESPN itself has admitted that the NCAA grossly overstepped its bounds. Again, it was a legal matter for the courts and the courts finally got it right.

I won't reply to anymore posts on this as it is moot point. The NCAA basocally admitted it was wrong in punishing Penn State by lifting the bowl ban and restoring all of their scholarships two years early. Penn State got unjustly punished when it did not commit any NCAA violations and yet UNC commite heinous violations with UNC officials involved for eighteen years and so far nothing from the NCAA.

sammieee

PostPosted: 06/18/15 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I never understood how Sylvia roped in that class to begin with, but....it's all moot now. Only Mavunga remains. Unfortunate, really.

Trisha Stafford-Odom.

PhillyCat

PostPosted: 06/18/15 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Dawn circling over Chapel Hill?

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/18/15 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:

I think that answer was "NO".

Howee

PostPosted: 06/18/15 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:

I think that answer was "NO".
Laughing

LadyLionsFan wrote:
Penn State's football program did not and no on connected with the program did not violate one single NCAA rule, or reglation.
Jerry was, indeed, "connected" to the program while he was violating FEDERAL laws (which supersede NCAA "rules"). Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/18/15 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyLionsFan wrote:

sex scandal

sex scandal

libel, slander and character assasinate

infamous 'shower incident'

a naked man

a young naked boy

"sexual sounds."

an alleged sex ring

NEWS FLASH:

sex scandal

To continue what we were all saying about this controversial Caitlyn thing . . . .
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/19/15 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray is transferring to South Carolina! Another great addition to the program! How about this for a future starting five:

PG: Bianca Cuevas
SG: Alisha Gray
SF: Kaela Davis
PF: A'ja Wilson
C: Alaina Coates

with a second five of:

PG: Shay Colley
SG: Kaydra Duckett
SF: Doniyah Cliney
PF: ?
C: Jatari White

Yep we're missing some pieces for our bench. Hopefully Staley pulls 1 or 2 prospects from the 2016 class soon, including another post player to take that 4 spot. Still, not a bad start at all....

PRballer

PostPosted: 06/19/15 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Gray is transferring to South Carolina! Another great addition to the program! How about this for a future starting five:

PG: Bianca Cuevas
SG: Alisha Gray
SF: Kaela Davis
PF: A'ja Wilson
C: Alaina Coates

with a second five of:

PG: Shay Colley
SG: Kaydra Duckett
SF: Doniyah Cliney
PF: ?
C: Jatari White

Yep we're missing some pieces for our bench. Hopefully Staley pulls 1 or 2 prospects from the 2016 class soon, including another post player to take that 4 spot. Still, not a bad start at all....

That is a crazy good starting lineup in 2016-2017 - although Gray might be able to petition and get started right away next season, they're saying?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: