RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who Wins the B1G Regular Season in 15-16?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the B1G regular season in 15-16?
Illinois
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Indiana
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Iowa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maryland
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michigan State
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Minnesota
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nebraska
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Northwestern
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Ohio State
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Penn State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Purdue
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rutgers
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Wisconsin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/15/15 10:30 am    ::: Who Wins the B1G Regular Season in 15-16? Reply Reply with quote

It's early and some of the dust with player/coaches movement hasn't settled yet but what are some predictions on next seasons team potentials in the B1G.

A couple of observations:

The league will be relying on a lot of younger players next season.

Some teams like Minnesota, Illlinois, and Indiana who have undergone recent coaching changes have seen upperclass players transfer.

Some teams like Iowa and Nebraska have graduated large and experienced senior classes and will rely on young kids to fill.

And for the league, I think there has been an upturn in recruiting the last few years with the newbies just bringing in a lot of talent.

What do you think?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/15/15 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for Ohio State, much to my chagrin (Wisconsin fan here, for all the good it does me *sigh*). I think they've got more going forward than Maryland does, and besides, I can't stand Brenda and I hope OSU beats the Terps and beats them BAD.

PostPosted: 06/15/15 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went with Maryland because I feel they still have the most experienced talent despite the loss of Lexie Brown and Mincy. shatori-Walker and Jones are all league type players and Brene Mosely has experience in the system. they'll need some production out of their fresh post players.

I think TOSU is the best candidate to usurp Marylands reign as they have the firepower with Mitchell and Alston plus they should have more depth.

Rutgers is in there as well and I think the team with the best starting five could be Northwestern. They have 5 players returning who averaged above 9 points per game. They'll need to develop some depth, tho.

terpsforever

PostPosted: 06/15/15 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio State. The loss of Lexie will hurt the Terps.

xwomynjoc

PostPosted: 06/15/15 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:

I disagree. I'm a diehard Terps fan no matter what. I think between Brene Mosley, Chloe Pavlech, and Kristen Confroy, point guard and shooting guard will be fine. SWK, Kiara Lesley, and A'Lexus Harrison are very athletic plus the 2 newbies. Asia Ellison will be stronger in the post to help Jones and Howard. Terps to the end!

PostPosted: 06/16/15 5:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

xwomynjoc wrote:
terpsforever wrote:

I disagree. I'm a diehard Terps fan no matter what. I think between Brene Mosley, Chloe Pavlech, and Kristen Confroy, point guard and shooting guard will be fine. SWK, Kiara Lesley, and A'Lexus Harrison are very athletic plus the 2 newbies. Asia Ellison will be stronger in the post to help Jones and Howard. Terps to the end!

I thought OH would be very close anyway. Losing such a clutch player in Lexie puts OH ahead for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: