RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kaela Davis leaves Georgia Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/22/15 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/21/8636571/lady-vols-wont-recruit-georgia-tech-transfer-kaela-davis

Apparently Tennessee wants nothing to do with her.

Smart move...

Don't Kaela and Diamond have a....sparkly (?) past between them, as 2 contemporary standouts in GA? Interesting. Kaela clearly has talent. It's really too bad if this *stuff* is being generated by mama.

Again, what has Deshields done expect transfer, like hundreds of other players do?

Oh, I didn't mean to imply Diamond *did* anything....just that the 2 gals--stars throughout their careers in GA--were clear on their intent to NOT play together in college. (maybe I should have said *sparky* in stead of *sparkLy*. Razz

My fault. I totally misinterpreted your post. Sorry about that.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/22/15 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/21/8636571/lady-vols-wont-recruit-georgia-tech-transfer-kaela-davis

Apparently Tennessee wants nothing to do with her.

Smart move...

Don't Kaela and Diamond have a....sparkly (?) past between them, as 2 contemporary standouts in GA? Interesting. Kaela clearly has talent. It's really too bad if this *stuff* is being generated by mama.

Again, what has Deshields done expect transfer, like hundreds of other players do?

Oh, I didn't mean to imply Diamond *did* anything....just that the 2 gals--stars throughout their careers in GA--were clear on their intent to NOT play together in college. (maybe I should have said *sparky* in stead of *sparkLy*. Razz
I know last summer a video was posted of a few GA girls training together in the gym. Both Diamond and Davis were there Whiteside I think it is from Penn state was also in the video.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/25/15 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if she'd look at Maryland.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 05/25/15 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

I wonder if Maryland would look at her. Kids with interfering parents are generally not prized recruits in College Park.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/25/15 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis is an interesting call ...

Great talent, no question. Attitude, plenty of questions, and not just parents. Leaving your nationally ranked high school team in midseason because you didn't like the coach, and then transferring out of a college you chose from a long list of suitors is not a track record that a lot of programs want to deal with.

But then again, you win with talent, and kids do grow up. (Parents, not so much ...)

PostPosted: 05/25/15 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Davis is an interesting call ...

Great talent, no question. Attitude, plenty of questions, and not just parents. Leaving your nationally ranked high school team in midseason because you didn't like the coach, and then transferring out of a college you chose from a long list of suitors is not a track record that a lot of programs want to deal with.

But then again, you win with talent, and kids do grow up. (Parents, not so much ...)

Please Coach Dawn STAY AWAY from this one !

PostPosted: 05/25/15 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis wants to play for a national title contender but there are so few of them in women's basketball and she already plays in the ACC so if she went to another ACC school she'd have to sit out two years, greatly lessening her chances of going to a ACC school.

No way UConn adds her, and Tennessee supposedly won't either. ACC schools like Notre Dame, UNC, Duke, Florida State and Louisville aren't options. I don't see why Maryland would add her, they don't really lose much from their team that just went to the Final 4. South Carolina is the same way, they will lose Mitchell after next year but it seems risky. Kentucky is a school that makes sense to me, they aren't afraid to take a risk in a transfer like when they added the Oregon guard who was kicked off the team. Texas would be an interesting option as they look to challenge Baylor in the Big 12. Not too many schools out there with a shot at a championship and of those few schools I don't see good fits

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/25/15 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matthew Mitchell might be a good match for crazy mommy. Karen Aston, not so much. Kim Mulkey and Kendra would be.....interesting.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Matthew Mitchell might be a good match for crazy mommy. Karen Aston, not so much. Kim Mulkey and Kendra would be.....interesting.

Ohio state?

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/25/15 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Ohio state?

I didn't think of them because they aren't really on the level of some of the other teams bandied about but that would actually be a good fit. McGuff has added multiple transfers and will need some scoring when Alston graduates after this upcoming year.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/25/15 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Ohio state?

I didn't think of them because they aren't really on the level of some of the other teams bandied about but that would actually be a good fit. McGuff has added multiple transfers and will need some scoring when Alston graduates after this upcoming year.

Daddy Mitchell and Mama Davis; sparks in the night.

~UK~

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Dawn Staley is probably the best candidate to handle the situation. Wink

terpsforever

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

I wonder if Maryland would look at her. Kids with interfering parents are generally not prized recruits in College Park.

Wasn't Mariah Strickland's mom interfering? I'll never understand why she transferred...that was a weird one. She got so many minutes--never understood why she left.

icey23

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

I could see her and Kim going at it lol

PostPosted: 05/25/15 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She did't make either team this year or last year either, Is she that good????

Team #1
Jordin Canada
Nina Davis
Diamond DeShields
Rebecca Greenwell
Chanise Jenkins
Brionna Jones
Erica McCall
Aerial Powers
Courtney Range
Mercedes Russell
Sydney Weise
Courtney M. Williams

Team #2
Sophie Brunner
Alaina Coates
Caroline Coyer
Linnae Harper
Moriah Jefferson
Stephanie Mavunga
Tiffany Mitchell
Kelsey Plum
Taya Reimer
Breanna Stewart
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough
Courtney B. Williams

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/25/15 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
She did't make either team this year or last year either, Is she that good????

She has over 1200 points through two years in college. Even if I think her percentages aren't good or she is a ballhog that is still very hard to accomplish and still impressive.

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/25/15 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

It would be a terrible fit. They have a hard time getting the ball to Brionna Jones as it is, the last thing they need is another wing who's going to shoot 20 times per game and convert at a low percentage.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/25/15 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Ohio state?

(I dunno 'bout that....OH-St. came danged close to MD in the tourney, on the back of a frosh. I doubt they'll see the FF next season, but they're On The Rise!)
I was also thinking of a Big 10 school as a possible fit, but not positive about which one. Rutgers? (4 minutes with CVS might put some Zen in to Mama's head). I was also thinking of a place like a Nebraska or an Iowa, but I doubt that she'd be interested in anything like that. Her track record is not doing her any favors in the eyes of any teams that are NC contenders, if that's her primary goal.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But there is always someone who thinks they can handle.....

LadyLionsFan

PostPosted: 05/27/15 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peyton Whitted of Penn State is from the same town of Suwanee, Georgia as Kaela Davis. The Lady Lions actually have three players on their roster from Georgia. Kaliyah Mitchell and UConn transfer Brianna Banks are the other two. All three from the same general area as Davis. DeShields also. Seems to be a real hotbed for outstanding women's basketball players.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/28/15 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis is a Gamecock

This should be fun.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/28/15 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Davis is a Gamecock

This should be fun.

LINK: http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/28/8683603/south-carolina-lands-kaela-davis

noleman

PostPosted: 05/28/15 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Davis is a Gamecock

This should be fun.

When she said she wanted to compete for championships, this was the only school that seemed logical.

Now I can continue to wishfully hope that Brown comes to FSU.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/28/15 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Davis is a Gamecock

This should be fun.

LINK: http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/28/8683603/south-carolina-lands-kaela-davis

S. Caro, v. Tenn. Davis v. DeShields.

PhillyCat

PostPosted: 05/28/15 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I posted last week, this makes sense. It's a risky move for Staley but one she needs to take.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: