RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It's a boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/15 7:38 am    ::: It's a boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy boy Reply Reply with quote

http://www.usnews.com/news/offbeat/articles/2015/05/13/michigan-couple-with-12-sons-already-welcome-boy-no-13

Quote:
A Michigan couple who already had 12 sons have kept the all-male streak alive with the birth of boy No. 13 on Wednesday.

Jay Schwandt told The Associated Press that his wife Kateri gave birth Wednesday morning, four days after her due date.

The couple had said they were sticking to the tradition of not knowing the baby's sex ahead of time.

PostPosted: 05/15/15 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

are they trying for a reality show? Wink

PostPosted: 05/15/15 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
are they trying for a reality show? Wink

Maybe they're trying for a girl Laughing

I could see "My 13 Sons" as a good reality show title, though.

PostPosted: 05/15/15 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 0.01% chance of that happening is an impressive bucking of the odds, but people who have that many kids really piss me off. Overpopulation is the world's number 1 concern for the future IMO.

PostPosted: 05/15/15 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
The 0.01% chance of that happening is an impressive bucking of the odds, but people who have that many kids really piss me off. Overpopulation is the world's number 1 concern for the future IMO.

Exactly. I've met a few people who insist on having large amounts of kids until they get one of each sex. My boss currently has 5 girls and wants to continue trying until he gets a boy. Then there's my cousin who insists she has an even amount of kids. She currently has 2 boys and wants 2 girls, also.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/15/15 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For their sake, I hope their house has more than one bathroom! Razz

But on a more serious note, Luuuc mentioned:
Quote:
...But people who have that many kids really piss me off. Overpopulation is the world's number 1 concern for the future, IMO.

Why do I get the feeling that Americans do not seem to have a problem with having lots of kids?

There's been several instances in the media which feature large families and/or multiple births. Examples include that "Jon & Kate Plus Eight", "19 Kids And Counting", and Nadya Suleman (the so-called "Octomom"). I'm sure there are more examples, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

While overpopulation is a concern, keep in mind that in some countries are experiencing a population decline, including Russia, Japan, the Ukraine, and many others.

Perhaps the cultural, political, and religious differences between countries are the reason for the disparity for the amount of large families with lots of kids, when you compare countries.

PostPosted: 05/15/15 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see the problem. When I was a kid, it was one of my dreams to have a large family of 8 to 10 kids. My mom was an only child, my dad has one sister. My brother has two and my sister has two. I have none. One of my nieces has four (had five but stillborn). If you have that much love to give, have as many children as you think you can handle. Hell, I'd even adopt a few for a large family. There are hundreds of couples who don't want any, so it kinda evens out in the end anyways.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/15/15 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
For their sake, I hope their house has more than one bathroom! Razz

But on a more serious note, Luuuc mentioned:
Quote:
...But people who have that many kids really piss me off. Overpopulation is the world's number 1 concern for the future, IMO.

Why do I get the feeling that Americans do not seem to have a problem with having lots of kids?

There's been several instances in the media which feature large families and/or multiple births. Examples include that "Jon & Kate Plus Eight", "19 Kids And Counting", and Nadya Suleman (the so-called "Octomom"). I'm sure there are more examples, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

While overpopulation is a concern, keep in mind that in some countries are experiencing a population decline, including Russia, Japan, the Ukraine, and many others.

Perhaps the cultural, political, and religious differences between countries are the reason for the disparity for the amount of large families with lots of kids, when you compare countries.

I'm sure those are all factors. Another big one is education.
(and btw I don't see population decline as a problem at all. On the contrary I think the planet would be quite happy to only have to sustain half its current population. Preferably even less)

PostPosted: 05/16/15 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude, I think the family name will pass on to the next generation. Y'all can stop now.

(now with spelling variations)
StevenHW

PostPosted: 01/12/23 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE: It took 15 tries, but they finally got a girl!

Article from 2020:

“A boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy and now a girl!”

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/11/05/kateri-jay-schwandt-14-boys-1-girl/6179676002/

Quote:
One big adjustment Tyler said his brothers would have to make is remembering to put the toilet seat down.

PostPosted: 01/12/23 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay.....? Shocked

I don't get so bugged by the 'overpopulation' thing. What I think is even MORE problematic is the parent:: kid ratio. Trusting that a family such as this one can meet all the resource requirements to clothe, feed and educate such a large bunch, there's STILL a deficit in the amount of quality time a parent can spend, 1 on 1, for the best bonds possible. And how many of the 'extra' boys are gonna think of themselves as 'less than', since NOW The Right One has arrived.

PostPosted: 01/12/23 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Usually when parents have this many kids the older kids end up raising the babies.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/12/23 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Usually when parents have this many kids the older kids end up raising the babies.

And the older ones end up resentful, and often make crappy parents to their own kids because they don’t really want to be parents again.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: