RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maryland vs Connecticut - 4/05/15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Maryland
30%
 30%  [ 16 ]
Connecticut
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 52

Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/15 7:53 pm    ::: Maryland vs Connecticut - 4/05/15 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament - Semifinal
Tampa, FL - 9:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN

Video:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2395448/NCAA-Women

Live stats:
http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1420103&school=nd&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/05/15 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/31/15 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Hussies are only 1-1 in games against ranked teams played outside the state of Connecticut

PostPosted: 03/31/15 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Hussies are only 1-1 in games against ranked teams played outside the state of Connecticut

#SmallSampleSizes

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

#HopeForTheHaters Smile

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

We already know ND doesn't play well in Florida (lost to Miami). I wonder how well UConn will fare?

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd say Maryland guards > Uconn guards
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 04/01/15 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edit. VBT.

Last edited by FollowtheCardinalRule on 04/01/15 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster

PostPosted: 04/01/15 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

We already know ND doesn't play well in Florida (lost to Miami). I wonder how well UConn will fare?

UConn is 2-0 in Fla. this year.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/15 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

UConn is 2-0 in Fla. this year.

They participated in the Gulf Coast Classic, so actually they were 5-0 in Florida this year.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/01/15 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unconn wins by 25.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/01/15 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
I'm hearing reports that Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis gone down with the dreaded three letter injury during a practice.

I hope this is a April Fools in bad taste.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/15 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm hearing reports that Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis gone down with the dreaded three letter injury during a practice.

I was thinking something along the same lines--if this is an April Fools joke, it is NOT FUNNY.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I was thinking something along the same lines--if this is an April Fools joke, it is NOT FUNNY.

Pretty sure the three letters are AFD.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Pretty sure the three letters are AFD.

The three letters are VBT....Very Bad Taste. I don't care what day it is. That just isn't something to joke about.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/31/aint-no-party-like-a-maryland-womens-final-four-dance-party/

I'm not one to assume that next weekend is a foregone conclusion. And any edge that UConn can have is welcome.

I have a theory that I used successfully in pro football. I watch the conference championship celebrations and pick against the team that celebrates harder over their win. The idea is to peak next weekend. Same thing in horse racing. A horse that is "all out" in it's last prep before the Derby is likely to be unable to repeat it, no matter how impressive the win is.

Maryland celebrated their E8 win like they just won their championship. And I'd say in their minds the Turtles did just that on Monday.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 04/01/15 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/31/aint-no-party-like-a-maryland-womens-final-four-dance-party/

I'm not one to assume that next weekend is a foregone conclusion. And any edge that UConn can have is welcome.

I have a theory that I used successfully in pro football. I watch the conference championship celebrations and pick against the team that celebrates harder over their win. The idea is to peak next weekend. Same thing in horse racing. A horse that is "all out" in it's last prep before the Derby is likely to be unable to repeat it, no matter how impressive the win is.

Maryland celebrated their E8 win like they just won their championship. And I'd say in their minds the Turtles did just that on Monday.

From the same blog post:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the celebration in Connecticut’s locker room Monday after the Huskies beat No. 7 seed Dayton to advance to their eighth straight Final Four appeared to be a little more restrained. The Huskies didn’t even bother to cut the nets.

Winning an Elite 8 game is a big deal, and I think it's really rather sad if it is just ho-hum for the Huskies.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/01/15 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
linkster wrote:

From the same blog post:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the celebration in Connecticut’s locker room Monday after the Huskies beat No. 7 seed Dayton to advance to their eighth straight Final Four appeared to be a little more restrained. The Huskies didn’t even bother to cut the nets.

Winning an Elite 8 game is a big deal, and I think it's really rather sad if it is just ho-hum for the Huskies.

It's not ho hum at all. It's been well documented why UCONN doesn't cut down the nets.

linkster

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
linkster wrote:

From the same blog post:

Quote:

I think you miss the point about UConn. They never get ho-hum about any game. And just because their celebration is "a little more restrained" it doesn't mean they didn't celebrate. Especially if you looked at the pictures and videos of Maryland's wild celebration.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I'd say Maryland guards > Uconn guards

Nah. Smile

PostPosted: 04/01/15 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

It was their championship just like for SC and ND. We all know Uconn is beating all of these teams. Even though as a coach you don't actually it but we all know what JPM said is true. Nobody can beat Uconn. Period. Everybody else can beat each other but nobody is beating Uconn. How many more yrs does this go on. My guess is it's many many more.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/01/15 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This tournament lacks credibility because no one can defeat UCONN.

PostPosted: 04/02/15 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:
linkster wrote:

It was their championship just like for SC and ND. We all know Uconn is beating all of these teams. Even though as a coach you don't actually it but we all know what JPM said is true. Nobody can beat Uconn. Period. Everybody else can beat each other but nobody is beating Uconn. How many more yrs does this go on. My guess is it's many many more.

I hope you're correct but man, that's some impressive fatalism you've got.

PostPosted: 04/02/15 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:
How many more yrs does this go on.

Geno's contract runs through 2018.

Will UConn be willing and able to continue to pay him and support the program like they have been without big football money coming in? Could they get outbid? He'll be 64 years old, will he be ready to retire? Will he decide he's got nothing left to prove and take on another challenge, like the WNBA?

PostPosted: 04/02/15 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Maryland shoots 70% in the first half they will be down less than 10 at half. Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
terpsforever

PostPosted: 04/02/15 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
terpsforever wrote:
linkster wrote:

I hope you're correct but man, that's some impressive fatalism you've got.

Just what I see. The reality of the current situation. No one but ND comes even remotely close as far as offensive execution to Uconn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: