RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015-16 Schedules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 06/14/15 6:02 am    ::: Re: 2015-16 Schedules Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
UCONN has a pretty great non-conference schedule this year.

Home: Kansas State, LSU, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Florida State, with the Seminoles going to Mohegan Sun Arena.

Away: Chattanooga, Colgate, DePaul, Ohio State, and South Carolina.

I'm thinking we may have two more games, because with 18 conference games, that only gives us 28 regular season games.

In a vacuum the NC schedule looks pretty good. But unless South Florida gets ranked it looks like maybe 5 top 25 teams for the whole season. Such is the problem for the top team in the country relegated to a high mid-major conference.

So, I believe I even wrote non-conference schedule, so that is what I was talking about. Everyone, including you, knows exactly what the UCONN conference schedule situation is, which is exactly why you did it. As I stated before, our non-conference schedule looks pretty good. I was just following a trend as a lot of posts in this thread were about non-conference schedules.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/14/15 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well the SEC hasn't yet put out it's conference slate for next season, so that's why I focused on the non-SEC games....

ucbart

PostPosted: 06/14/15 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Well the SEC hasn't yet put out it's conference slate for next season, so that's why I focused on the non-SEC games....

I wasn't speaking to you. I was following your trend, which in June, is about all we have. It's a long off season.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/15/15 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://m.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/m/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/061515aaa

Buckeyes will face all Of last years Final Four teams plus Texas A&m

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/15/15 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/15/15 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still waiting impatiently for most of my teams to release any part of their schedules at all. (Tennessee, JMU, LA Tech) MO State will play in the Gulf Coast Showcase and DePaul in the Pre-Season WNIT but that's all I know. Man, this is a dry time of year......

PostPosted: 06/15/15 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Dawn Staley had tweeted last week that South Carolina's home opener would be with a sweet 16 team from last year . Dawn then tweeted later that she had her facts wrong . So it turns out that Ohio State , which lost to UNC 86-84 in the second round Will play at South Carolina on Nov. 13 . OSU then returns home to host UConn Nov.16 .

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/15/15 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol, what scfastpitch said.....

ball4life

PostPosted: 06/23/15 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Still waiting impatiently for most of my teams to release any part of their schedules at all. (Tennessee, JMU, LA Tech) MO State will play in the Gulf Coast Showcase and DePaul in the Pre-Season WNIT but that's all I know. Man, this is a dry time of year......

James Madison

Friday Nov 20 @ UCLA
Sunday Nov 29 @ Hampton
Tuesday Dec 7 @ St Bonnies
Sunday Dec 13 @ Richmond
Dec 20-21 in Orlando playing either W. Virginia/Indiana/Miami
that's the road games. Still finalizing some of the home games

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/24/15 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arizona State will host Kentucky, Marquette, CSUN and Florida State. They'll travel to Syracuse, Hartford, and Southern Methodist. In addition to hosting a tournament with other teams to be announced, CTT's team is in a tournament in Hawaii in which they will go up against South Carolina. That's a pretty challenging schedule.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/24/15 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arizona State Will play host to Kentucky, CSUN, Marquette and Florida State. The Sun Devils will travel to Syracuse, Hartford and Southern Methodist. In addition to hosting a tournament with other participants to be announced CTT's team will travel also play in Hawaii and face-off against South Carolina.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 06/24/15 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Stanford playing UConn this year?

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/24/15 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Arizona State Will play host to Kentucky, CSUN, Marquette and Florida State. The Sun Devils will travel to Syracuse, Hartford and Southern Methodist. In addition to hosting a tournament with other participants to be announced CTT's team will travel also play in Hawaii and face-off against South Carolina.

Dawn Staley seems to be working to ramp up the strength of USC's OOC schedule: home games versus Ohio State, Duke, UConn, and a neutral game versus Arizona State. Just for starters.

four top 25 opponents with 2 of them top 10 opponents...

linkster

PostPosted: 06/24/15 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Is Stanford playing UConn this year?

From what I read Tara asked for a year off.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 06/24/15 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fresno State Bulldogs OOC Schedule

2015-16 Schedule
Nov. 6 Cal State East Bay (Exhibition)
Nov. 13 at UC Riverside
Nov. 1 Fresno Pacific --Non D1
Nov. 20 Washington
Nov. 23 George Washington
Nov. 27 at St. Mary’s Tournament
Nov. 28 at St. Mary’s Tournament
Dec. 2 Cal State Bakersfield
Dec. 5 at Cal Poly
Dec. 8 Cal State Stanislaus --Non D1
Dec. 12 San Diego
Dec. 19 at Utah

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/25/15 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas A&M Scheduled Games For 2015-16

December 20, 2015 – TBA
Big 12/SEC Challenge – Oklahoma City, Okla.
#17 Texas A&M vs. #19 Oklahoma

November 27, 2015 – 2 p.m. CT
South Point Shootout – Las Vegas, Nev.
Cal vs. #17 Texas A&M

November 28, 2015 – 2 p.m. CT
#17 Texas A&M vs. #13 Ohio State

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/25/15 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Texas A&M Scheduled Games For 2015-16

December 20, 2015 – TBA
Big 12/SEC Challenge – Oklahoma City, Okla.
#17 Texas A&M vs. #19 Oklahoma

November 27, 2015 – 2 p.m. CT
Cal vs. #17 Texas A&M

November 28, 2015 – 2 p.m. CT
#17 Texas A&M vs. #13 Ohio State

Great news for Cal fans. The Cal men are also in Las Vegas for the Thanksgiving weekend. The complete list of teams for the women's tournament::

•Cal
•Fordham
•Liberty
•Ohio State
•Syracuse
•Texas A&M
•Texas Tech
•Washington

Interesting to note that Liberty is also playing in the men's tournament at the Orleans.

LadyLionsFan

PostPosted: 06/25/15 1:02 pm    ::: Re: 2015-16 Schedules Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Purdue's non-conference....not helping the B1G SOS....

Sunday, Nov. 8 - Marian University (Exhibition)
Monday, Nov. 16 - Jacksonville State
Thursday, Nov. 19 - Illinois-Chicago
Saturday, Nov. 21 - at North Florida
Friday-Sunday, Nov. 27-29 - 2015 Gulf Coast Showcase (Estero, Florida/Germain Arena)
Sunday, Dec. 6 - Dayton
Thursday, Dec. 10 - Incarnate Word
Sunday, Dec. 13 - Ball State
Tuesday, Dec. 22 - Maine

Actually, the schedule is better than it has been recently. That Gulf Coast Showcase not only has Purdue, but it also has Stanford, Louisville, LSU, Dayton. Maine, while being a mid-major, actually won the America East title last year over Albany but lost in the conference tournament. They were a borderline top 100 team last year and return just about everybody. Also, added to this will be an ACC team for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge game.

I've seen worse schedules.

Killer schedule. Maybe Purdue should just drop down to Division II for Woman's basketball! LOL

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/25/15 6:31 pm    ::: Re: 2015-16 Schedules Reply Reply with quote

LadyLionsFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Friday-Sunday, Nov. 27-29 - 2015 Gulf Coast Showcase (Estero, Florida/Germain Arena)
Sunday, Dec. 6 - Dayton
Tuesday, Dec. 22 - Maine

Actually, the schedule is better than it has been recently. That Gulf Coast Showcase not only has Purdue, but it also has Stanford, Louisville, LSU, Dayton. Maine, while being a mid-major, actually won the America East title last year over Albany but lost in the conference tournament. They were a borderline top 100 team last year and return just about everybody. Also, added to this will be an ACC team for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge game.

Killer schedule. Maybe Purdue should just drop down to Division II for Woman's basketball! LOL

Should I have the team send the National Championship trophy to State College so they can see what one looks like? Or maybe we could have Rene Portland bring it over?

ball4life

PostPosted: 06/25/15 7:47 pm    ::: Re: 2015-16 Schedules Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Sunday, Dec. 6 - Dayton
Tuesday, Dec. 22 - Maine

Should I have the team send the National Championship trophy to State College so they can see what one looks like? Or maybe we could have Rene Portland bring it over?

Ouch

Howee

PostPosted: 06/25/15 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
The 2016 SEC/Big12 Challenge:

2016 SEC/Big 12 Women's Basketball Matchups
Baylor at Tennessee
Mississippi State at Iowa State
Kansas at Alabama
Auburn at Kansas State
Oklahoma at Kentucky
Georgia at Oklahoma State
TCU at Florida
South Carolina at Texas
Texas Tech at Arkansas
Ole Miss at West Virginia

For South Carolina, we know they will host both Duke and UConn, and now also go on the road to play Texas. But don't know of any other non-conference opponents scheduled yet.

There are some excellent matchups in there!

PostPosted: 06/25/15 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
The 2016 SEC/Big12 Challenge:

2016 SEC/Big 12 Women's Basketball Matchups
Baylor at Tennessee
Mississippi State at Iowa State
Kansas at Alabama
Auburn at Kansas State
Oklahoma at Kentucky
Georgia at Oklahoma State
TCU at Florida
South Carolina at Texas
Texas Tech at Arkansas
Ole Miss at West Virginia

For South Carolina, we know they will host both Duke and UConn, and now also go on the road to play Texas. But don't know of any other non-conference opponents scheduled yet.

There are some excellent matchups in there!

I agree...really looking forward to the ones highlighted but a few of those others will have some very interesting story lines.

LadyLionsFan

PostPosted: 06/26/15 11:59 am    ::: Re: 2015-16 Schedules Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Sunday, Dec. 6 - Dayton
Tuesday, Dec. 22 - Maine

Well, one thins is for sure...you are living in the PAST. Stephanie White won't be suiting up to win your pathetic team a title anytime soonl LOL

Even last year when the Lady Lions had their worst record in school history...they still beat your sorry Boils 54-50 and to add insult to injury...they did it in Mackey Arena. Ouch!!

LadyLionsFan

PostPosted: 06/26/15 12:10 pm    ::: Re: 2015-16 Schedules Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
LadyLionsFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Sunday, Dec. 6 - Dayton
Tuesday, Dec. 22 - Maine

Also, I think that Coquese Washington should have the three straight B1G Championships that the Lady Lions won for the 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 seasons sent over to West Lafayette since it has been so loooooong since your Boils have won a B1G title (2002) that they have forgotten what the B1G Championship trophy looks like. One thing is for sure with Versyp as HC, Purdue fans won't have to worry about winning another title anytime soon.

Face the facts...Purdue's womens team is a lower tier B1G team at best. But maybe you can ask Stephanie to petition the NCAA for a couple more years of eligibility..... LOL

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 06/26/15 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, someone is pissed that we brought up JoePa in another thread...seeing as the post about the schedule was 2 months ago. Reality is Purdue is very down, however prior to Maryland joining the league, Purdue has the best tradition of any school in the Big Ten with multiple Final Fours, a National Championship, etc. And yes, the funny thing is, tradition involves the past.

Anyway, no biggie.

I look forward to seeing other schedules posted here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: