RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jude Schimmel- Published Author

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAOK423

PostPosted: 04/20/15 8:09 pm    ::: Jude Schimmel- Published Author Reply Reply with quote

An impressive young lady.
http://www.wlky.com/news/one-lady-cardinal-is-not-only-apart-of-uofl-history-shes-now-a-published-author/32406030

http://uoflcardgame.com/jude-schimmel-continues-to-attract-crowds/48328/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/21/15 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for her. I admire the example that Jude and Shoni are setting for Native American kids, trying to get them to stay in school and develop their talents. I hope that Bronson Koenig of Wisconsin will join them in their efforts.

PostPosted: 04/21/15 3:18 pm    ::: Re: Jude Schimmel- Published Author Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
/

Yes, she is. I have ordered my copy.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 04/21/15 4:07 pm    ::: Re: Jude Schimmel- Published Author Reply Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
/

Yes, she is. I have ordered my copy.

Me too Smile

dtrain34

PostPosted: 04/21/15 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Abby Scott and Bradley Nash of New Mexico State also natives who spend significant time contributing to their tribes welfare, Scott hopes to work on her reservation after graduation. She's friends with the Schimmels as they share Oregon roots.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/21/15 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtrain34 wrote:
Abby Scott and Bradley Nash of New Mexico State also natives who spend significant time contributing to their tribes welfare, Scott hopes to work on her reservation after graduation. She's friends with the Schimmels as they share Oregon roots.

Another one is Tesha Buck, from Green Bay; she's been a starter for them, but obviously, Green Bay isn't the same High Profile team that L'ville is.

PostPosted: 04/21/15 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Shoni just played Abby Scott this weekend in a rez tournament in Warm Springs. And ive followed Buck for a while, she was great in the conference finals game this year! Its great to see all these young women giving back to their community. But when I posted this about Jude, while her heritage is a big part of who she is and what she is standing for, I am just impressed by her as a person in general. She graduated college in three years (also skip a grade in middle school I believe), wrote a book, is working on her master's degree, and all that while playing Division 1 basketball, touring reservations, and being a encouraging, outspoken member of her community...and just 20! And I wish nothing but success for those following a similar path. Some may not have as big of a platform but their voices and their success is just as important.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/22/15 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sky is the limit for this kid. Cool

PostPosted: 04/22/15 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
The sky is the limit for this kid. Cool

That's a pity. Any player with real ambition would be wanting to play for the mercury.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
She graduated college in three years.

I didn't know that....I'm surprised that she didn't find a way to play one more year, if she had that eligibility.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:

I didn't know that....I'm surprised that she didn't find a way to play one more year, if she had that eligibility.

Apparently she has other things she wants to do with her life. Good on her.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
Yeah, Shoni just played Abby Scott this weekend in a rez tournament in Warm Springs. And ive followed Buck for a while, she was great in the conference finals game this year! Its great to see all these young women giving back to their community. But when I posted this about Jude, while her heritage is a big part of who she is and what she is standing for, I am just impressed by her as a person in general. She graduated college in three years (also skip a grade in middle school I believe), wrote a book, is working on her master's degree, and all that while playing Division 1 basketball, touring reservations, and being a encouraging, outspoken member of her community...and just 20! And I wish nothing but success for those following a similar path. Some may not have as big of a platform but their voices and their success is just as important.

Absolutely, wasn't trying to dilute the praise for Jude, she's maximized her basketball talents and is bold enough to embrace new challenges!

Jdub

PostPosted: 04/22/15 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:

She did. She played this season, her 4th, while working on her masters.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 04/22/15 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtrain34 wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:

Absolutely, wasn't trying to dilute the praise for Jude, she's maximized her basketball talents and is bold enough to embrace new challenges!

No worries, I didn't think you were. Smile

Howee

PostPosted: 04/22/15 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Howee wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:

She did. She played this season, her 4th, while working on her masters.

Okay. I always thought she was 2 years younger than Shoni, but obviously not. So then, Jude DID use her entire eligibility to play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: