RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wooden Award - Tiffany Mitchell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justinabina

PostPosted: 04/09/15 5:44 pm    ::: Wooden Award - Tiffany Mitchell? Reply Reply with quote

I noticed on the Gamecocks' Twitter page pictures of Tiffany Mitchell and her mother en route to the Wooden ceremony. I guess this means she has won it? (I know it's in LA! But it's not the Oscars, right? No multiple nominees, no close-ups of tense, I mean smiling and expectant, faces before the winner is announced?)

pilight

PostPosted: 04/09/15 5:50 pm    ::: Re: Wooden Award - Tiffany Mitchell? Reply Reply with quote

justinabina wrote:
I noticed on the Gamecocks' Twitter page pictures of Tiffany Mitchell and her mother en route to the Wooden ceremony. I guess this means she has won it? (I know it's in LA! But it's not the Oscars, right? No multiple nominees, no close-ups of tense, I mean smiling and expectant, faces before the winner is announced?)

Breanna Stewart and KML are also on the way there according to their tweets.

PostPosted: 04/09/15 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is the article about the Wooden All-American Team being announced.

Quote:
The Wooden Award ceremony will honor and reveal the Men's and Women's Wooden Award winners, and will include the presentation of the Wooden Award All American Teams and the Legends of Coaching Award, which in 2015 will go to San Diego State Head Men’s Basketball Coach Steve Fisher. This announcement will be televised live on ESPN2 from Club Nokia in Los Angeles at 5 p.m. on Friday April 10 as part of the first ever ESPN College Basketball Awards Show Presented by Wendy’s.

http://www.woodenaward.com/john_r_wooden_award_announces_2014_15_women_s_all_americans

justinabina

PostPosted: 04/09/15 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, thank you both! Well, congratulations to the AA team. Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/09/15 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes congrats to all five. I had to laugh at the fact that all the conferences were shortened to SEC, ACC, etc...except for THE AMERICAN.

- Amanda Gorman
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/10/15 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"The Wooden Award ceremony will honor and reveal the Men's and Women's Wooden Award winners, and will include the presentation of the Wooden Award All American Teams and the Legends of Coaching Award, which in 2015 will go to San Diego State Head Men’s Basketball Coach Steve Fisher. This announcement will be televised live on ESPN2 from Club Nokia in Los Angeles at 5 p.m. on Friday April 10 as part of the first ever ESPN College Basketball Awards Show Presented by Wendy’s."

Today. I hope each award isn't accompanied by "the first ever ESPN College Basketball Awards Show Presented by Wendy’s" or it will take all night.

NickDMB

PostPosted: 04/10/15 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Yes congrats to all five. I had to laugh at the fact that all the conferences were shortened to SEC, ACC, etc...except for THE AMERICAN.

The conference has repeatedly requested that media use "The American" as the league nickname because they don't think we yet have the name recognition not to be confused with the ACC. They're right, so it was nice of the Wooden folks to oblige.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/10/15 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NickDMB wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The conference has repeatedly requested that media use "The American" as the league nickname because they don't think we yet have the name recognition not to be confused with the ACC. They're right, so it was nice of the Wooden folks to oblige.

I am resisting the obvious comment, but it's a struggle.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/10/15 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/10/15 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This dunk segment is beyond stupid.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/10/15 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/uconns-breanna-stewart-wins-womens-john-wooden-award-30238628

"Stewart received 469 points. Jewell Loyd of Notre Dame was second at 440. Tiffany Mitchell of South Carolina finished third at 296, followed by Nina Davis of Baylor with 239. Stewart's teammate, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, was fifth at 234."
NickDMB

PostPosted: 04/11/15 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
NickDMB wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I'm not sure what the obvious comment is, but I appreciate your restraint, given that you're a Rutgers fan. It's not nice to get one of the spots on the lifeboats off the Titanic and then laugh at the people in the water.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/11/15 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NickDMB wrote:
beknighted wrote:
NickDMB wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I'm not sure what the obvious comment is, but I appreciate your restraint, given that you're a Rutgers fan. It's not nice to get one of the spots on the lifeboats off the Titanic and then laugh at the people in the water.

That made me laugh.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/11/15 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rofl. thank you folks!

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: