RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

This might be a dumb question....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markinct

PostPosted: 04/08/15 4:43 pm    ::: This might be a dumb question.... Reply Reply with quote

But while watching the Men's Final Game, I started to think about something that I've never really thought about prior and it applies to both men and women. I figured what better place to get the answer than HERE.

So, you always know ahead of time where the final four is going to be and you get tickets. Yet, nobody knows what teams will be in the final game. So lets say I'm a South Carolina fan and bought tickets for the Championship game in hopes my team would be there. They get bumped out....I personally would still go but I'm not sure every one would still go. But the fans of teams are grouped together, you can tell by school colors and stuff. So is there a system for tickets for games like these. How do all the Dukies end up together? Do people trade their tickets in to like a ticket broker? Are tickets sold in sections somehow? Do they not sell certain sections for like the students until the teams are decided? I just find it odd that like all the UConn fans are together...the Notre Dame fans are together, for the most part anyway....just wondering how that all works since you don't know who's in the game when you get tickets....

pilight

PostPosted: 04/08/15 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The schools are allotted tickets once they make it to the F4. Those allotments are grouped together.

PostPosted: 04/08/15 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight is correct - I sat in the RU section at the 2007 Final Four.

I should mention, though, that UConn fans, in particular, were all over the arena, not just in the designated sections.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/08/15 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

I should mention, though, that UConn fans, in particular, were all over the arena, not just in the designated sections.

The NCAA got cute this year...even though you had to buy tix for both games as a package, they only gave out tickets for Sunday's game...and we had to go back Tuesday to pick up finals tickets. If your team lost and you left, you couldn't resell to other fans...or give them away or whatever you felt like doing with them. Total bull!

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/08/15 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
beknighted wrote:

The NCAA got cute this year...even though you had to buy tix for both games as a package, they only gave out tickets for Sunday's game...and we had to go back Tuesday to pick up finals tickets. If your team lost and you left, you couldn't resell to other fans...or give them away or whatever you felt like doing with them. Total bull!

I remember they did something similar at the Trenton subregional in 2006.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/08/15 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
beknighted wrote:

I remember they did something similar at the Trenton subregional in 2006.

I've alwyas bought them as a strip...including Trenton. First for me.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/08/15 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And it's not only just the teams that lose. In 2005, I bought single-game tickets for the final and ended up sitting in the Baylor section. I assume those tickets were originally part of the Baylor allotment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: