RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016 Favorites
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins in 2016??
UCONN
53%
 53%  [ 22 ]
Notre Dame
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
other
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

toad455

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:00 pm    ::: 2016 Favorites Reply Reply with quote

it's probably clear it's UCONN. But ND does have every player returning except for Madison Cable & Holloway. They should be a much improved team next year. Thoughts??

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:01 pm    ::: Re: 2016 Favorites Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it's probably clear it's UCONN. But ND does have every player returning except for Madison Cable & Holloway. They should be a much improved team next year. Thoughts??

Yeah, don't listen to Doris. Madison can come back if she wants to. She red-shirted her freshman year due to stress fractures in her feet.

Markisha Wright and Whitney Holloway are the only ones that can't come back.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would not be surprising to see these same two teams in the championship next year. I wouldn't bet against it. UConn will need to find a replacement for KML's outside shooting, but they have Stewie, and now with MoJeff stepping up so much, they will be a tough out. Notre Dame comes back pretty much intact.

So. Carolina, Maryland, and possibly Tennessee (if they can get all their disparate pieces to play together) are likely the other contenders. Maybe Baylor. That's the top six right there.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It would not be surprising to see these same two teams in the championship next year. I wouldn't bet against it. UConn will need to find a replacement for KML's outside shooting, but they have Stewie, and now with MoJeff stepping up so much, they will be a tough out. Notre Dame comes back pretty much intact.

So. Carolina, Maryland, and possibly Tennessee (if they can get all their disparate pieces to play together) are likely the other contenders. Maybe Baylor. That's the top six right there.

Duke has multiple quality guards coming in to join with Henson and Greenwell and Chidom. I think they will be very good next year.

And Maryland was not really competitive with Notre Dame or UConn this year. They may win the Big10 but are they a real national contender? I have my doubts.

Louisville has a spectacular incoming class to go with Moore and Hines-Allen. Lot of talent but probably a year away.

Baylor should be excellent.

I think UConn, ND, Baylor, Duke, SCar would be my top 5, not in necessarily in that order.

Butler and Collier will fill any gaps in UConn's lineup.

linkster

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn loses their best scorer and best defender while Notre dame loses no one. That's 8 years of experience. They have 4 nice players coming in but freshmen usually need a year brfore being a factor in the NCAA's.

Next year will be ND's best shot at a title since Diggins left.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
UConn loses their best scorer and best defender while Notre dame loses no one. That's 8 years of experience. They have 4 nice players coming in but freshmen usually need a year brfore being a factor in the NCAA's.

Butler is not a freshman. She'll be a college junior next year.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zune69 will be upset that Tenn is not a choice in the poll.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It would not be surprising to see these same two teams in the championship next year.

Wow, my memory sucks but I don't remember a title match-up recurring 3x in a row in any sport in my lifetime. Maybe Sampras vs. Agassi in tennis or something like that. That would really be crazy!

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Yeah, but with one year of experience and zero experience at UConn. I'm hopeful that she can be a starter or a 6th man at some point but it's a jump from GTown to Storrs and she'll have to show me. The player that could emerge is Williams.

NickDMB

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
UConn will need to find a replacement for KML's outside shooting, but they have Stewie, and now with MoJeff stepping up so much, they will be a tough out.

Hopefully, KLS can fill that role.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It would not be surprising to see these same two teams in the championship next year.

Wow, my memory sucks but I don't remember a title match-up recurring 3x in a row in any sport in my lifetime. Maybe Sampras vs. Agassi in tennis or something like that. That would really be crazy!

Federer and Nadal met in three straight Wimbledon finals and three straight French Open finals

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Yeah, but with one year of experience and zero experience at UConn. I'm hopeful that she can be a starter or a 6th man at some point but it's a jump from GTown to Storrs and she'll have to show me. The player that could emerge is Williams.

She will have been working and training with the team for 18 months and has an entire year of major league play as a starter. And she'll have the body of a 21 year old, not an 18 year old. Equating her to a freshman is absurd.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 04/07/15 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NickDMB wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UConn will need to find a replacement for KML's outside shooting, but they have Stewie, and now with MoJeff stepping up so much, they will be a tough out.

Hopefully, KLS can fill that role.

From watching a fair amount of each, my guess is that Collier will be the first of the three freshmen to play significant minutes.

lvf08

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It would not be surprising to see these same two teams in the championship next year. I wouldn't bet against it.

I agree, as long as everyone stays healthy.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too. freakin'. early.

Be careful, or you'll encourage Charlie Creme.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
FS02 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Federer and Nadal met in three straight Wimbledon finals and three straight French Open finals

I guess you can tell I haven't watched tennis in a while... Laughing

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Too. freakin'. early.

Be careful, or you'll encourage Charlie Creme.

He'll have his in a week or so and it is an absolute certainty UConn will be his #1.

The interesting thing is whether he'll have Notre Dame 5th or 6th like he usually does in his preseason rankings.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/15 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee lady vols.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/15 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Laughing When Tennessee is cutting down the nets next year I will up your post from the UConn/nd thread.I just think tennessee will have the talent at every position plus a proven performer in DD.If the lady vols do not make the final four next year,show warlick the door.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/07/15 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

She will have been working and training with the team for 18 months and has an entire year of major league play as a starter. And she'll have the body of a 21 year old, not an 18 year old. Equating her to a freshman is absurd.

I agree. Practicing with the team will give Butler a huge advantage. Also, people are acting like Butler is just an ordinary player. She was Big East Freshman of the Year, averaging 13.8 ppg and 13.3 rpg. I know the Big East isn't what it used to be, but it's still a decent conference. 6-5 players who average a double-double don't just grow on trees.

Quote:

“When she is in the lane with Stewie, Stewie can’t guard her, Stewie can’t move her and when Stewie is in the lane, she can’t get anything done because she just physically manhandles Stewie. But she also has to understand that she is going to be guarding a lot of other guys bigger than her. Every day she is learning something, and she is the kind of kid that every day she is going to get better.”

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141217/georgetown-transfer-natalie-butler-will-serve-uconn-well

PostPosted: 04/07/15 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Laughing When Tennessee is cutting down the nets next year I will up your post from the UConn/nd thread.I just think tennessee will have the talent at every position plus a proven performer in DD.If the lady vols do not make the final four next year,show warlick the door.

They won't make the FF and Warlick is going nowhere. Sorry.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/07/15 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not look forward to next season. Women's college basketball has become boring and predictable.

PostPosted: 04/08/15 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alphabeta order:

Baylor, Connecticut, Florida State, Maryland, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Tennessee

Bears are loaded and the deepest team.

UCONN ads that Samuelson bomber

FSU returns almost all of their stars (Bulgak, Slaughter, Thomas, Romero, Brown, Jones) This team played South Carolina tough.

Maryland returns that solid backcourt and ads some key pieces to front court.

Irish. Loaded

Gamecockettes: Next year is their big chance as its Mitchell's last gasp. Tall.

Vols: DeShields and Cooper and maybe Russell.

I debate about Duke. PMac aside, I think they could take a step backwards next year even with Stevens and Greenwell returning. As woeful as their backcourt was last season on both sides of the ball, K. Johnson was at least experienced. Heirs to be Lambert and Salvadores are both probably better players but are going to have to learn the ropes. And with the pleathora of bigs on board, there are plenty of options to replace Williams stats but i don't know if they can replace her leadership and spirit.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/08/15 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uconn as per Mike Flynn will be better next year. KLS will fill in for KML she is. also 4 inches taller and more athletic and that's before Geno has worked his magic. They will also be deeper, with Collier rotating with Tuck and hopefully Butler taking over Stokes role but that still is an unknown ie quickness and of course still have Williams.

ND need another guard so hopefully 1 of the 3 will fill that role. But as with Uconn they will only play if they are smart enough to follow a game plan in both the offensive and defensive end.

SCar will be good, will lose a little heart but have bigs just need another guard to help out which is the ?

Tenn if they can play together and Russell is healthy will be formidable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: