RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

President's Niece Threatened Before Princeton-Maryland Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/24/15 1:57 am    ::: President's Niece Threatened Before Princeton-Maryland Game Reply Reply with quote

LA Times -

A threat made against President Obama's niece, Leslie Robinson, a forward for the Princeton Tigers, prompted increased security at Monday's NCAA tournament game between Princeton and Maryland, according to USA Today.

The Maryland Athletics Department reportedly received a voicemail Monday from a woman who said that a man with a gun was driving around the campus. The message linked the man's actions to the freshman's presence for the second-round game of the women's NCAA tournament.

Leslie Robinson is the daughter of Craig Robinson, the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama. Craig Robinson previously spent four years as the coach of the Oregon State men's basketball team.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-president-obama-niece-threatened-princeton-maryland-20150323-story.html

PostPosted: 03/24/15 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dammit what is wrong with people? Evil or Very Mad

Maryland was the better team no doubt but I'm sure this didn't help Princeton's effort at all.

PostPosted: 03/24/15 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard this on the radio this morning, and it really upset me.

Like Beemer, I have to ask what is wrong with people? It's bad enough to threaten the President, but his freaking niece, who may not even have been old enough to vote for him? It makes me crazy.

dtrain34

PostPosted: 03/24/15 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is one of the inevitable outcomes of a political party taking its opposition to the sitting President past policy to routine, everyday, accepted as a given among their ilk, hatred of him, his wife, his children, his name and now even a niece who, coming from his wife's side, isn't even a blood relation.

Very sad. There will always be crazies, but those unwilling to accept that most Americans voted for the guy have bred more with their extreme attitudes toward President Obama.

Beemer

PostPosted: 03/24/15 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtrain34 wrote:
This is one of the inevitable outcomes of a political party taking its opposition to the sitting President past policy to routine, everyday, accepted as a given among their ilk, hatred of him, his wife, his children, his name and now even a niece who, coming from his wife's side, isn't even a blood relation.

Very sad. There will always be crazies, but those unwilling to accept that most Americans voted for the guy have bred more with their extreme attitudes toward President Obama.

They must have taken notes from the Democrats' playbook during George W. Bush's presidency.....

PostPosted: 03/24/15 1:19 pm    ::: Re: President's Niece Threatened Before Princeton-Maryland G Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
LA Times -

A threat made against President Obama's niece, Leslie Robinson, a forward for the Princeton Tigers, prompted increased security at Monday's NCAA tournament game between Princeton and Maryland, according to USA Today.

The Maryland Athletics Department reportedly received a voicemail Monday from a woman who said that a man with a gun was driving around the campus. The message linked the man's actions to the freshman's presence for the second-round game of the women's NCAA tournament.

Leslie Robinson is the daughter of Craig Robinson, the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama. Craig Robinson previously spent four years as the coach of the Oregon State men's basketball team.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-president-obama-niece-threatened-princeton-maryland-20150323-story.html

Actually there never was an actual threat against the girl. The press is kinda mis-reporting this. I guess there was a girl who knew this guy had a gun and either mentioned Obama's niece or this girl knew Obama's niece was on campus too. Anyway she texted this other girl about it, and that 2nd girl made the call.

Kinda like Ferris Bueller - Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Really wasn't anything to it, but I understand they have to take precautions.

PostPosted: 03/24/15 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beemer wrote:
dtrain34 wrote:

They must have taken notes from the Democrats' playbook during George W. Bush's presidency.....

I've had a response sitting here for about half an hour, and have decided not to post it. Instead, I'll just note that I think this is a fine example of false equivalency.

dtrain34

PostPosted: 03/24/15 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dems never attacked Laura or the twins the way Tea Party has gone after Obama's family.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/24/15 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Beemer wrote:
dtrain34 wrote:

I've had a response sitting here for about half an hour, and have decided not to post it. Instead, I'll just note that I think this is a fine example of false equivalency.

I wish you would let it fly. Restraint sometimes is bad for the health.

PostPosted: 03/24/15 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
beknighted wrote:

I've figured out that flame wars are worse for my blood pressure.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 03/24/15 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beemer wrote:

Maryland was the better team no doubt but I'm sure this didn't help Princeton's effort at all.

She was not aware of the threat (nor was the team), until after the game. The only people who knew were the coaches, and obviously staff and security, as it was deemed to be not credible before the game ever started.

PostPosted: 03/24/15 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Beemer wrote:

She was not aware of the threat (nor was the team), until after the game. The only people who knew were the coaches, and obviously staff and security, as it was deemed to be not credible before the game ever started.

I'm glad they decided not to tell her or the team beforehand, based on the conclusion that it wasn't credible. (I'd feel differently if they'd thought it was credible, obviously.)

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/24/15 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
beknighted wrote:

Sure as hell are bad for my blood pressure. I appreciate your restraint.

PostPosted: 03/24/15 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
beknighted wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
beknighted wrote:

Sure as hell are bad for my blood pressure. I appreciate your restraint.

Keep the mods happy; that's my motto.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/24/15 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Beemer wrote:
dtrain34 wrote:

Thank you for this, benighted. I think most of us here are with you completely on this.

~rAf
norwester

PostPosted: 03/25/15 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
Beemer wrote:
dtrain34 wrote:

Thank you for this, benighted. I think most of us here are with you completely on this.

Indeed.

PostPosted: 03/25/15 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
Beemer wrote:
dtrain34 wrote:

Indeed.

Ditto

PostPosted: 03/26/15 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too bad.

I kinda liked it here....

PostPosted: 03/26/15 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're not disinvited. It's just that a lot of people here find your claim to be inaccurate. Wander over to Area 51 and you'll see a lot of disagreemen on things like this and nobody gets sent off for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: