RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NJCAA DI Women's Final Four

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/15 6:24 pm    ::: NJCAA DI Women's Final Four Reply Reply with quote

That's going on this weekend in Hutchinson, KS. I wouldn't remark on it or even know about it except that the team from the community college in the town in Tennessee where I lived for 35 years is in the Final Four. Their women's team is always pretty good and on occasion players have gone on to top programs and played in the NCAA tournament. One girl we knew (she was a cousin of my daughter's high school boyfriend) played for our community college and later was on the Clemson team that made the Sweet Sixteen. There might be some future stars or just some good solid gets for some team playing out there this weekend, who knows?

PostPosted: 03/21/15 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Note that not all states participate ... California, for example, stops at the state level.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final is tonight at 8 PM. Hutchinson (KS) vs Chipola (FL)

Streaming, stats, etc. available on the NJCAA site: http://njcaa.org/sports_nationalChampionship.cfm?category=National%20Championship&sid=23&divid=1&slid=11

Evelyn Akhator from Chipola is a very highly sought after post prospect, supposedly being recruited by Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. I think I saw that she set the NJCAA's all-time rebounding record this year.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/21/15 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee is not in the habit of recruiting JC prospects so unless she is a post player of some ability *and* a good student I would discount that rumor. Shannon Bobbitt and Alberta Auguste were anomalies.

PostPosted: 03/26/15 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee is definitely recruiting Akhator. The next big step will be to get her in on a visit. To my knowledge she has not scheduled any visits at this time.
In addition to Tennessee and South Carolina, I know Florida is recruiting her.

Jim

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/15 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CannonVol wrote:
Tennessee is definitely recruiting Akhator. The next big step will be to get her in on a visit. To my knowledge she has not scheduled any visits at this time.
In addition to Tennessee and South Carolina, I know Florida is recruiting her.

Jim

That's interesting, since they're not usually interested in JC players at all. She must be something special. Of course they do need a big post player right about next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: