RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame vs Connecticut - 4/07/15
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Notre Dame
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Connecticut
72%
 72%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 36

Shades

PostPosted: 04/05/15 9:51 pm    ::: Notre Dame vs Connecticut - 4/07/15 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Championship
Tampa, FL - 8:30 PM ET
TV: ESPN

Video:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2395471/NCAA-Women

Audio:
http://watchnd.tv/

Live stats:
http://www.und.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1420105&school=nd&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

One day poll

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/07/15 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Durantula

PostPosted: 04/05/15 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know you want to schedule good regular season games but as a fan it makes me less interested in the championship when Notre Dame and UConn already played in the regular season. I know Turner didn't play, but it would be nice if some of these good matchups are "new" in the tournament. Regardless of who won today, UConn had already beaten USC and ND by a good margin. If they hadn't played at least there would be more intrigue.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/05/15 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So last time UConn capped off a three-peat it was with a 12-point win over Oklahoma in '02 and then consecutive wins over Tennessee by 5 points and 9 points in '03 and '04 respectively.

If they beat ND by double digits--as most of us seem to expect--it will mean the best 3-year run ever by a team, at least based on the scores of the final game.

PostPosted: 04/05/15 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As the world turns, these are the UCONN championships of our lives.

PostPosted: 04/06/15 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm exceptionally perceptive, so it may come to you as a surprise that I have picked up on this, and it's hard to explain just how I did it, but I sense that there is a really special place in your heart for the UConn Huskies, and that you will be amongst the most excited people on the message board if they happen to win the championship game. You and Glenn should get together and throw a viewing party for the game. I think it would be epic.

PostPosted: 04/06/15 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question is whether UConn will win by more or less than 20 points.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/06/15 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
The question is whether UConn will win by more or less than 20 points.

You're omitting another obvious possibility

PostPosted: 04/06/15 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For all the talk about the same teams getting back every year, this is only the second time the women's NCAA tournament has had a rematch in the finals. The first time was 2003 and 2004, when Connecticut played Tennessee.

PostPosted: 04/06/15 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure reminds me of UConn-Stanford a few years back, when UConn buried Stanford early on and every one assumed there was no game to be played...and Stanford won.

My one request from BOTH SIDES, is let's acknowledge up front, everyone's healthy, no one has any malodies or issues, and the two teams are putting their best teams on the court.

No excuses that Turner isn't playing. No excuses that Jefferson went 0-8 and fouled out.

Just two great teams playing.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/06/15 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Sure reminds me of UConn-Stanford a few years back, when UConn buried Stanford early on and every one assumed there was no game to be played...and Stanford won.

My one request from BOTH SIDES, is let's acknowledge up front, everyone's healthy, no one has any malodies or issues, and the two teams are putting their best teams on the court.

No excuses that Turner isn't playing. No excuses that Jefferson went 0-8 and fouled out.

No excuses that Stewart gets "superstar" calls? Probably won't happen. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 04/06/15 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoping for a Notre Dame win.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/06/15 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

did thomas and greene go down w/ ACLs prior to postseason.

larmarch5

PostPosted: 04/06/15 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The team that dribbles the least will win.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/06/15 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

- Some may have, but I know not "everyone" assumed there was no game to be played.

-Greene 8th game; Thomas 16th game.

PostPosted: 04/06/15 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Nor did Achonwa the game before....

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 04/06/15 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If any team can do it, Notre Dame can do it, but no team can do it.

UConn by double-digits.

terpsforever

PostPosted: 04/06/15 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please ND make it competitive. Please.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/06/15 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Not only did UConn not have Thomas and Greene in the rematch, but I'd argue this was a UConn loss caused in part by arrogant lineup management by Geno. He started Kaili McLaren and Brittany Hunter over Tina Charles and Charde Houston in all five games of the NCAA tournament. UConn fell behind eventually by 12 points against Stanford. McLaren and Hunter combined for 2 points in 22 minutes.

Geno was also at that point "teaching a lesson" of some sort to Lorin Dixon, so he hadn't played her but a couple of minutes during the NCAA tournament. When Ketia Swanier got in foul trouble against Stanford, Dixon had to play 21 minutes for which she was ill-prepared by her extended benching.

In this game, Geno may not go more than six deep. If the Irish are hot from the front and back courts, they have the offense to score 75 points on UConn, but the question is whether they have the defense to hold UConn under 75.
lvf08

PostPosted: 04/06/15 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would like to see ND win, but I think UConn will take the championship.

taropatch

PostPosted: 04/07/15 2:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If UConn is leading at the half, it will be a major blowout.
If ND is leading at the half, it will be a minor blowout similar to Terps.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/07/15 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two great teams meeting tonight. Hopefully the officials will let the players decide who is the best. Good luck Irish fans.

PostPosted: 04/07/15 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:
Please ND make it competitive. Please.

This is what I'm really rooting for, too. I'd like to see ND win it, but if (when) UConn wins, I won't be heartbroken or anything. I just want a competitive, interesting game to watch tonight, is all.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well to get prepared you can watch ESPNCL today. Showing some recent games. Right now the 2012 National Semifinal OT game. Coming up several more including a couple of 2013 games.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/15 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/07/15 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Not only did UConn not have Thomas and Greene in the rematch, but I'd argue .this was a UConn loss caused in part by arrogant lineup management by Geno He started Kaili McLaren and Brittany Hunter over Tina Charles and Charde Houston in all five games of the NCAA tournament. UConn fell behind eventually by 12 points against Stanford. McLaren and Hunter combined for 2 points in 22 minutes.

Geno was also at that point "teaching a lesson" of some sort to Lorin Dixon, so he hadn't played her but a couple of minutes during the NCAA tournament. When Ketia Swanier got in foul trouble against Stanford, Dixon had to play 21 minutes for which she was ill-prepared by her extended benching.

In this game, Geno may not go more than six deep. If the Irish are hot from the front and back courts, they have the offense to score 75 points on UConn, but the question is whether they have the defense to hold UConn under 75.

well, you're about half right imo.

This is the infamous Montgunnery game. THE burning question for UConn fans over the course of his incredibly successful career is, WTF DID U LET MONTGUNNERY BOMB US OUT OF THE FINAL FOUR YOU NUMBSKULL?!?

It's true MM missed just as many 3s (eight) as RM, but RM shot VERY early in the shot clock too many times en route to her 1-9 fiasco.

This is also the game in which Geno was shown, prior to tip, drinking from a cup of water held by a trembling hand. I guess he knew what was coming.

Smile

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: