RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP All-American teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/31/15 11:28 am    ::: AP All-American teams Reply Reply with quote

1st: Jewell Loyd, Breanna Stewart, Tiffany Mitchell, Nina Davis, Amanda Zahui B.
2nd: Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Kelsey Mitchell, Elizabeth Williams, Moriah Jefferson, Brittany Boyd
3rd: Lexie Brown, Samantha Logic, Reshanda Gray, A'ja Wilson, Jillian Alleyne, Ruth Hamblin (6 players because of a tie between Gray and Hamblin)

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/31/15 11:44 am    ::: Re: AP All-American teams Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
1st: Jewell Loyd, Breanna Stewart, Tiffany Mitchell, Nina Davis, Amanda Zahui B.
2nd: Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Kelsey Mitchell, Elizabeth Williams, Moriah Jefferson, Brittany Boyd
3rd: Lexie Brown, Samantha Logic, Reshanda Gray, A'ja Wilson, Jillian Alleyne, Ruth Hamblin (6 players because of a tie between Gray and Hamblin)

Is this the first time there have been no seniors on the first team?

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 03/31/15 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A'ja Wilson?? Confused What... how... why...

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/31/15 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
A'ja Wilson?? Confused What... how... why...

And not even a part of the tie!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/31/15 12:03 pm    ::: Re: AP All-American teams Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

No, it also happened in 2000

First Team: Svetlana Abrosimova, UConn; Tamika Catchings, Tennessee; Kelly Miller, Georgia; Shea Ralph, UConn; Ruth Riley, Notre Dame.
Second Team: Edwina Brown, Texas; Katie Douglas, Purdue; Jackie Stiles, Missouri St.; Semeka Randall, Tennessee; Stacy Frese, Iowa St.
Third Team: Grace Daley, Tulane; Betty Lennox, Louisiana Tech; Erin Buescher, UC Santa Barbara; Tamicha Jackson, Louisiana Tech; Helen Darling, Penn St.

PostPosted: 03/31/15 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My question is how many of these do you think will actually stick on a WNBA roster? Loyd, Stewart, Zahui B and Kelsey Mitchell. I don't see any of the others good enough. Maybe KML if she would commit to fitness, but no way does she compete at the next level with her current fitness level IMO.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/31/15 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Doing just a quick glance, 2000 had no seniors named to the AP All-America 1st team, Shea Ralph redshirted, so technically she wasn't a senior.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/31/15 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HONORABLE MENTION

Lindsay Allen, Notre Dame
Morgan Bailey, BYU
Adut Bulgak Florida State
Cierra Burdick, Tennessee
Blake Dietrick, Princeton
Lexi Eaton, BYU
Makayla Epps, Kentucky
Tia Faleru, Mississippi
Chelsea Gardner, Kansas
Chastity Gooch, Western Kentucky
Dearica Hamby, Wake Forest
Alex Harden, Wichita State
Isabelle Harrison, Tennessee
Brittany Hrynko (1 first-team vote), DePaul
Niya Johnson (1), Baylor
Ashia Jones, UT-Martin
Jonquel Jones (1), George Washington
Jordan Jones, Texas A&M
Betnijah Laney, Rutgers
Vicky McIntyre, Oral Roberts
Mariya Moore, Louisville
Amber Orrange (1), Stanford
Kelsey Plum (1), Washington
Aerial Powers, Michigan State
Shereesa Richards, Albany
Porsha Roberts, Stephen F. Austin
Stacia Robertson, High Point
Leticia Romero, Florida State
Ka-Deidre Simmons, Seton Hall
Morgan Tuck, UConn
Brianna Turner, Notre Dame
Victoria Vivians, Mississippi State
Courtney Walker, Texas A&M
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Maryland
Aleighsa Welch, South Carolina
Courtney Williams, South Florida

There are several HM's I would have put over A'ja Wilson on the third team, and Alaina Coates got nothing.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/31/15 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minimum 10 players with my limited knowledge I see over Wilson.

PostPosted: 03/31/15 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
My question is how many of these do you think will actually stick on a WNBA roster? Loyd, Stewart, Zahui B and Kelsey Mitchell. I don't see any of the others good enough. Maybe KML if she would commit to fitness, but no way does she compete at the next level with her current fitness level IMO.

What's funny is that, based on what I've seen, UConn is able to more or less hide KML's slowness on defense (switching on screens, help, etc.), but Minnesota has not (even at the center of the zone, I've seen Zahui B get owned because she can't take a step out to someone making a jumper inside the FT line. What exactly do you mean by fitness? If you mean stamina and endurance, you're full of crap. If you mean that she has a hard time keeping athletic guards in front of her, than I'd point out that there are a few teams out there (Tulsa comes to mind) which have the capacity to hide her a little on defense, and could really use an elite shooter to help spread the floor.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/31/15 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really argue with Ruth Hamblin being anything but an HM, if that....she never impressed me as being anything but big. I can think of several I'd pick over her. And IMO A'ja Wilson needs to earn her way on also.

PostPosted: 03/31/15 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one from Princeton on 1st, 2nd or 3rd team and only one on the HM list. No Dayton players on either list and they made it all the way to the Elite Eight! Confused

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/31/15 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
No one from Princeton on 1st, 2nd or 3rd team and only one on the HM list. No Dayton players on either list and they made it all the way to the Elite Eight! Confused

This is voted on before the Tournament. Heck, Maryland is a #1 seed and a Final Four team with only a 3rd teamer & an HM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: