RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Worst commerical of March Madness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/30/15 9:00 pm    ::: Worst commerical of March Madness? Reply Reply with quote

There are so many. But I pick the Ryder "motorcycle" (reverse tricycles?). Seriously, the closing scene is just freaking ridiculous. String of people on a wide curving road, riding "motorcycles" with two wheels in front? Anyone who's ever ridden a motorcycle lives for taking those curves leaning way, way over. Which, with those two wheels in front, doesn't happen. At all.

They will get exactly ZERO motorcycle riders buying one of those strange vehicles, that's my prediction. They must think that "ladies" don't look for and enjoy the same rush that guys do on motorcycles.

Please, someone tell me, who would buy one of those idiotic contraptions?

~rAf
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/15 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I laugh every time I see that commercial!

Those things look like three-wheeled lawn mowers.

But the WORST are the Arby's "WE GOT THE MEATS!"

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/15 9:12 pm    ::: Re: Worst commerical of March Madness? Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
There are so many. But I pick the Ryder "motorcycle" (reverse tricycles?). Seriously, the closing scene is just freaking ridiculous. String of people on a wide curving road, riding "motorcycles" with two wheels in front? Anyone who's ever ridden a motorcycle lives for taking those curves leaning way, way over. Which, with those two wheels in front, doesn't happen. At all.

They will get exactly ZERO motorcycle riders buying one of those strange vehicles, that's my prediction. They must think that "ladies" don't look for and enjoy the same rush that guys do on motorcycles.

Actually they're selling a lot of Can Am Spyders. And they aren't trying to sell them to motorcycle riders, they're selling them to new entrants who can't ride or aren't comfortable riding a bike. They're selling more traditional trikes too, but these reverse ones are actualy more stable.

I wouldn't ride one , but there's definitely a market.

BTW, my favorite March Madness ad has been the idiotic Charles barkley "In The Annapolis" ad. I laugh every time I see that one.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/30/15 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's men's tourney or women's tourney, but that Audi ad.

"No sudden movements..."

half a second later:

*everyone panics and makes ALL the sudden movements for NO apparent reason*

And the dude's like, "Well, fuck it, you're all idiots, I'm going to my beach house." Audi: the luxury car for self-preservative cowards.

PostPosted: 03/30/15 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the chicken fries - gross

on the other hand I love the verizon one with the woman who says she can sometimes get a signal if she holds her shower curtain.

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/30/15 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having a car with wi-fi is a terrible idea. Shoving it in people's faces with snobbish advertisements makes it even worse.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/15 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a gamer, but the Game of War ads almost make me want to become one.

I'll just say "nice dress". Cool

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/30/15 11:24 pm    ::: Re: Worst commerical of March Madness? Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Actually they're selling a lot of Can Am Spyders. And they aren't trying to sell them to motorcycle riders, they're selling them to new entrants who can't ride or aren't comfortable riding a bike. They're selling more traditional trikes too, but these reverse ones are actualy more stable.

BTW, my favorite March Madness ad has been the idiotic Charles barkley "In The Annapolis" ad. I laugh every time I see that one.

So why put these Spyders on a nice curvy road that only motocyclists would appreciate? It really does not look like any fun at to ride those things. It's like those big trikes for older folks. Those are great when you get to that point of needing a trike vs bike. Is that who they're going after? Old folks who never dared to ride a real motor bike? And this is the chance to get a "taste" of it more safely? I don't know one person who'd even consider it, whereas I know plenty laughing their arses off at the commercial.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/15 11:41 pm    ::: Re: Worst commerical of March Madness? Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

So why put these Spyders on a nice curvy road that only motocyclists would appreciate? It really does not look like any fun at to ride those things. It's like those big trikes for older folks. Those are great when you get to that point of needing a trike vs bike. Is that who they're going after? Old folks who never dared to ride a real motor bike? And this is the chance to get a "taste" of it more safely? I don't know one person who'd even consider it, whereas I know plenty laughing their arses off at the commercial.

Here, maybe this will answer some of your questions.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/10/07/2015-can-am-spyder-f3-three-wheeler-first-ride-review-photos-specifications-pricing/

I've had a couple of acquantances who taught MSF courses. They've always said some people just weren't born to ride motorcycles. So maybe this is a safer alternative to that Heritage Softail when they can't handle a 250 Rebel?

FS02

PostPosted: 03/31/15 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm, obviously you get a completely different set of commercials when you watch the App.

PostPosted: 03/31/15 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
the chicken fries - gross

on the other hand I love the verizon one with the woman who says she can sometimes get a signal if she holds her shower curtain.

Myrtle, I hope you're not talking about this one. It's so current!

https://youtu.be/eaM1nbCw4IY

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/31/15 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

"No sudden movements..."

half a second later:

And the dude's like, "Well, fuck it, you're all idiots, I'm going to my beach house." Audi: the luxury car for self-preservative cowards.

It's probably an "homage" to Alfred Hitchcock's film "The Birds," set at Bodega Bay.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/31/15 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

"No sudden movements..."

half a second later:

It's probably an "homage" to Alfred Hitchcock's film "The Birds," set at Bodega Bay. The drones are 21st century attacking birds.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 03/31/15 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ARBY'S OMG GO AWAY MAN WITH THE CREEPY VOICE I DON'T WANT YOUR NASTY RUBEN BYE

newkid

PostPosted: 03/31/15 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Favorite: definitely "In the Annapolis"

Least favorite by a mile: the Buick commercial in which the woman shames her husband over the neighbor's supposed raise.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/31/15 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
Favorite: definitely "In the Annapolis"

Least favorite by a mile: the Buick commercial in which the woman shames her husband over the neighbor's supposed raise.

Most of the Buick ads are awful. Personally I think the dumbest is the one where the women can't see her friend in her Buick so she just jumps in the car of some strange man eating a sandwich.

Seriously, who would do that. It's asinine.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/31/15 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Queenie wrote:

"No sudden movements..."

half a second later:

It's probably an "homage" to Alfred Hitchcock's film "The Birds," set at Bodega Bay. The drones are 21st century attacking birds.

I feel like it could have been fixed with just one shot of a drone flying at someone and everyone scattering. Instead, you go from everyone being calm and collected to AAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH in two frames for no reason.

PostPosted: 03/31/15 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Burger King chicken commercial is beyond awful.

And I give the Buick ad w/ the terrible gender stereotype re: money & couples two thumbs down, too.

And1

PostPosted: 03/31/15 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has to be BK's Chicken Fries. I don't get it.

newkid

PostPosted: 04/01/15 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The "free range chicken" makes me laugh every time. "He jes' keeps sendin' more pitchurs."

HoosierHusky

PostPosted: 04/01/15 12:22 pm    ::: Re: Worst commerical of March Madness? Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Here, maybe this will answer some of your questions.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/10/07/2015-can-am-spyder-f3-three-wheeler-first-ride-review-photos-specifications-pricing/

I've had a couple of acquantances who taught MSF courses. They've always said some people just weren't born to ride motorcycles. So maybe this is a safer alternative to that Heritage Softail when they can't handle a 250 Rebel?

I visited Canada last summer and they are very popular up there. In Canada they don't require a separate motorcycle license to ride one.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: