RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What are the TV plans for the various Conf Tournaments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/03/15 2:12 pm    ::: What are the TV plans for the various Conf Tournaments? Reply Reply with quote

ACC - First three rounds on usual Fox/Comcast Regional Sports Networks (and ESPN3 I think), Semis on ESPNU, Final on ESPN.

A10 - don't see any TV coverage but all games appear to be available for online streaming on the A10 website.

B10 - as I understand it, the first day or two will only be available on the subscription-based B2GO+. Will the rest be on the BTN or are some rounds on ESPN?

What are the plans for the other conferences?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/03/15 2:50 pm    ::: Re: What are the TV plans for the various Conf Tournaments? Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ACC - First three rounds on usual Fox/Comcast Regional Sports Networks (and ESPN3 I think), Semis on ESPNU, Final on ESPN.

A10 - don't see any TV coverage but all games appear to be available for online streaming on the A10 website.

B10 - as I understand it, the first day or two will only be available on the subscription-based B2GO+. Will the rest be on the BTN or are some rounds on ESPN?

What are the plans for the other conferences?

A10 semis on cbssportsnet Sat; final on espnU

B1G is on BTN starting w/ 2nd rd. thurs.

PostPosted: 03/03/15 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the Pac-12 tourney will be shown on the Pac-12 network starting this thursday, march 5th. the championship game will be shown on espn.

http://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/championships/2015-pac-12-womens-basketball-tournament

btw, the semis will be shown from free (if you usually have to pay for the network).

Last edited by scullyfu on 03/03/15 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
gopher5

PostPosted: 03/03/15 3:17 pm    ::: Re: What are the TV plans for the various Conf Tournaments? Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

A10 semis on cbssportsnet Sat; final on espnU

B1G is on BTN starting w/ 2nd rd. thurs.

And the B1G championship on Sunday is on ESPN.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/03/15 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this should be an awesome weekend for bball fans!

- Amanda Gorman
bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/03/15 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plans? Dit in my recliner and keep one hand on the remote and the other on my beverage!

Big Ten bracket with coverage and times

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/03/03/0303-big-ten-w-bracket.html

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/03/15 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Plans? Dit in my recliner and keep one hand on the remote and the other on my beverage!

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/03/03/0303-big-ten-w-bracket.html

I think it stinks that Delaney only allows subscribers to his pay-subscription "+" service to see the first day of games. I hope the other conferences don't go that route. It's bad for the game; and it's bad for the schools that play in those games who lose the opportunity to be seen.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/03/15 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

listing of espn coverage

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/03/02/espn-releases-womens-ncaa-basketball-championship-week-television-schedule/369985/

PostPosted: 03/03/15 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

I think it stinks that Delaney only allows subscribers to his pay-subscription "+" service to see the first day of games. I hope the other conferences don't go that route. It's bad for the game; and it's bad for the schools that play in those games who lose the opportunity to be seen.

I agree with the subscription crap. A few years ago, I had a conversation with Michielle Willis about that among other things. I told her that you are penalizing the family and core fans. This was the year that OSU decided to put the games on WBNS 1460. At that time you had to pay to listen to football, men's and women's basketball games. I met with her on Monday before a game and my the next game, they were free. I told her, "You are having trouble getting people to watch the team and they have just won 6 straight regular seasons and you can't sell out the area yet you want to charge them to listen it on the radio/internet?

I went on to tell her that I have a limited amount of "entertainment dollars". I also have roughly 30 years left and you are telling me you I have to pay more for being a long t time loyal customer. It's just wrong.

I think if more fans at more schools voice their concerns, it would have more of an impact. Willis knows the years that I have traveled to support the team. So she really took it to heart.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/04/15 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/03/espn-present-record-number-womens-championship-week-games-2/
bacabuck

PostPosted: 03/04/15 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

That's what you get with Delaney............some things "stink", and other things smell like roses, like the hundreds of millions that BTN has generated for ALL the conference teams since he had the guts to establish it a few years back.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/15 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bacabuck wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

That's what you get with Delaney............some things "stink", and other things smell like roses, like the hundreds of millions that BTN has generated for ALL the conference teams since he had the guts to establish it a few years back.

I suppose if you believe that squeezing every penny you can out of it is the only purpose of intercollegiate athletic, that's great.

BTW, another promise that obviously got steamrolled in the drive for the almighty dollar (from 2007):

On the one-year anniversary of the announcement of the Big Ten Network, Big Ten Commissioner James E. Delany revealed that the Big Ten Network will become the first national network to commit to "event equality" for men's and women's sports on all network-controlled media within the first three years of launch. Delany announced this historic commitment to gender equity today during a media teleconference outlining the progress of the Big Ten Network.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/04/15 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, another promise that obviously got steamrolled in the drive for the almighty dollar (from 2007):

On the one-year anniversary of the announcement of the Big Ten Network, Big Ten Commissioner James E. Delany revealed that the Big Ten Network will become the first national network to commit to "event equality" for men's and women's sports on all network-controlled media within the first three years of launch. Delany announced this historic commitment to gender equity today during a media teleconference outlining the progress of the Big Ten Network. [/quote]

Well, he did that. The only problem is that you have to pay for the woman and not the mens games. I have DirectTV and I don't understand why they don't do what they do for football. They use the "alternative" channel and show multiple games. They could do that for basketball also. What they are doing now is "double dipping". They charge a subscription to BTN to GO. (I would like to tel them where to go by I digress). They have students doing the broadcast and charging them for the credit hours. I understand getting them the experience. The customer shouldn't have to suffer through it and pay for it.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/15 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
artbest23 wrote:

On the one-year anniversary of the announcement of the Big Ten Network, Big Ten Commissioner James E. Delany revealed that the Big Ten Network will become the first national network to commit to "event equality" for men's and women's sports on all network-controlled media within the first three years of launch. Delany announced this historic commitment to gender equity today during a media teleconference outlining the progress of the Big Ten Network.

Well, he did that. The only problem is that you have to pay for the woman and not the mens games. I have DirectTV and I don't understand why they don't do what they do for football. They use the "alternative" channel and show multiple games. They could do that for basketball also. What they are doing now is "double dipping". They charge a subscription to BTN to GO. (I would like to tel them where to go by I digress). They have students doing the broadcast and charging them for the credit hours. I understand getting them the experience. The customer shouldn't have to suffer through it and pay for it.

That's hardly "equity". Every mens tournament game is on TV. And why aren't tonight's womens tournament games on TV? Because they're showing a couple regular season mens games, that why. So much for great sounding hollow words like "event equity".

Delany would sell out any "principle" for one more nickel and not even blink.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/04/15 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was being sarcastic about that. I have complained to the network every year about the decrease in womens game. This year being worst due to the fact you add two schools and show less games.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/15 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
I was being sarcastic about that. I have complained to the network every year about the decrease in womens game. This year being worst due to the fact you add two schools and show less games.

Two more schools meant more men's games meant less room for women's games.

Event Equity. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: