RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Charlie's New 3/2 Bracketology
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/02/15 10:54 am    ::: Charlie's New 3/2 Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. Does have MD as a 1. Does have ND in Greensboro.

I made the comment yesterday that I wouldn't necessarily want ND to have to play KY because of how disruptive they are, but in his current bracketology they would meet; otherwise I'd be really happy with the Greensboro bracket as proposed.

Would have MD as the 1, Tenn as the 2 in Spokane; S.Car as the 1, FSU as the 2 in Ok City. If seeds held would be two excellent regional finals.

Has Stanford as the 5 in Albany, which ought to make a lot of UConn fans out for revenge very happy.

Considering all the high seeds that had been cruising along until they crashed and burned this past week, I expect this to change a lot before selection day. The tournaments looks like they might be a lot more interesting than anticipated a week ago.

http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/02/15 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know that it matters all that much, but why would Stanford be a 5 while Cal is a 4? I guess it may depend on the conference tourney but that doesn't make sense to me.

edit: actually it does make a difference since it determines home court in the first round. So Stanford's RPI and SOS are higher and they have beaten higher ranked opponents.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 03/02/15 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Maryland wins the B1G tournament, there is a 100% chance they will get a #1 seed.

PostPosted: 03/02/15 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given Creme's comment in the Tenn box he makes the LV's the top 2 seed, which would put them in the closest site to Knoxville, Greensboro. And as much as I'd like to see OSU play Louisville the Beavers will end up in Spokane unless the new rule about conference foes needing to be separated trumps that.

I think it's more likely that Fla St goes to Albany, Baylor to OKC and OSU to Spokane. Of course that would require removing Louisville from Albany etc.

As far as preferences, I wouldn't mind watching JPM melt down in Albany either. Very Happy

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/02/15 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If Maryland wins the B1G tournament, there is a 100% chance they will get a #1 seed.

I give it an 87.5% chance Smile

linkster

PostPosted: 03/02/15 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also of note: there are 11 Old Big East teams among the 64.

What could have been except for football.

dparla

PostPosted: 03/02/15 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't get the California seed either. They should be in, but not at a #4 and not ahead of Stanford

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/02/15 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

counting Miami who had left before the expansion to 16, in the expansion to 16 there are 10....insane indeed.

Would all 10 be in if the 16 were still there I'd say it'd be closer than you think, most of those are very high on the bracket...just shows you little actually changed they're just in different places it'd be a big debate

linkster

PostPosted: 03/02/15 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
linkster wrote:

counting Miami who had left before the expansion to 16, in the expansion to 16 there are 10....insane indeed.

Would all 10 be in if the 16 were still there I'd say it'd be closer than you think, most of those are very high on the bracket...just shows you little actually changed they're just in different places it'd be a big debate

I was thinking more of the potential for great conference games.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I agree.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Seton Hall likely would not be in because they'd have a bunch more losses, but it's fascinating to see how well the former BEast teams are doing this year.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/03/15 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
pilight wrote:

I agree.

I don't see any way Baylor or Ore St could jump MD, and at least one of SCar or Tenn will lose and be behind MD. The one possible scenario is FSU if they were to beat both Louisville and Notre Dame in the ACC tournament. The committee says they pay attention to the absence of players and might ( I said MIGHT) disregard the early pre-Romero loss to Washington and move FSU ahead of MD while ND would likely stay ahead of MD because of its stronger profile and head to head win.

I expect MD to win the Big 10 tournment and this is the only possible scenario I could see why they might not end up a 1 seed.

So it's probably 90%, but might not be 100%.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/03/15 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCONN wins AACT
ND wins ACCT
MARYLAND wins B1GT
SECT WINNER (unless neither UT or USCe, then move to either FSU or OSU if one wins its tournament. If neither does, then FSU by a smidge).

PostPosted: 03/03/15 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He ha Arkansas in, which is puzzling. I don't recall the committee ever taking a team that was two games under .500 in conference.

PostPosted: 03/05/15 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU was 7-9 last year & they were in. As well as another SEC team as well.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 03/05/15 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
UCONN wins AACT
ND wins ACCT
MARYLAND wins B1GT
SECT WINNER (unless neither UT or USCe, then move to either FSU or OSU if one wins its tournament. If neither does, then FSU by a smidge).

Wait. Ohio State? A one Seed?

Excuse me when I go die of laughter.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 03/05/15 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
UCONN wins AACT
ND wins ACCT
MARYLAND wins B1GT

Okay, I read OSU as Ohio State. In my defense, I went to college in Ohio.

On second thoughts, I like Oregon State as a one seed if both of the SEC Teams Fall, and OSU wins out.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/15 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
UCONN wins AACT
ND wins ACCT
MARYLAND wins B1GT

As all people affiliated with that school in Columbus will surely remind you until you puke, it is the Ohio State University, thus tOSU. Razz

PostPosted: 03/05/15 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
UCONN wins AACT
ND wins ACCT
MARYLAND wins B1GT

As all people affiliated with that school in Columbus will surely remind you until you puke, it is the Ohio State University, thus tOSU. Razz

Or as you hear football recruits on signing day:

"I am committing to the University of Ohio State"

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/05/15 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lsu_tiger87 wrote:
LSU was 7-9 last year & they were in. As well as another SEC team as well.

That's one game under. Arkansas ended the SEC season 6-10.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a team with a 6-10 (or equivalent) conference record that got an at-large bid, either. Arkansas does have wins over Iowa and Oklahoma, who are both sure to get in, but no other RPI top 50 wins.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/05/15 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
He ha Arkansas in, which is puzzling. I don't recall the committee ever taking a team that was two games under .500 in conference.

There's a first for everything.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/05/15 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Seriously. I know some of you blame ND (not accurate, IMO. Even ND joining the BE in Football couldn't have saved them from the poaching, IMO), but I think most ND W. BBall fans really wish the old BE would have stayed as it was.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/05/15 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:

Seriously. I know some of you blame ND (not accurate, IMO. Even ND joining the BE in Football couldn't have saved them from the poaching, IMO), but I think most ND W. BBall fans really wish the old BE would have stayed as it was.

I don't blame Notre Dame at all. If football didn't exist (ha ha ha), it would have been a wonderful, stable conference and everyone would have been happy. With football, well, it was going to implode eventually.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/06/15 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The groundhog comes out once a year to look for his shadow, maybe bite the ear of a Wisconsin mayor, and to tell us how much more winter (and snow) we people in the North are going to get.

Women’s basketball has their version of the groundhog in ESPN’s bracketologist Charlie Creme, who comes out at this time each year, to predict how many more weeks of basketball some teams have, and who should be getting ready for spring break.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2015/03/05/dishin-swishin-30515-podcast-time-for-charlie-cremes-annual-bracketology-visit/

linkster

PostPosted: 03/06/15 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:

For a poster who accuses others of arrogance you need to look in a mirror. Not every post is about Notre Dame. LOL

I was lamenting the fact that the entire conference structure is about football. It is so entrenched from it's addiction to TV money that I doubt it will change. One downside is that it distorts competition in other sports, women's basketball being the one with which I am concerned. The irony for the Irish is that they have joined the ACC for most every sport EXCEPT football.

The conferences were formed in the days when travel was by bus or train and even phone service was primitive. Scheduling was difficult and being in a conference made sense. And there were little, if any, women's sports. Today, IMO, the conference structure is the single biggest obstacle to the promotion of the popularity of wcbb. Putting aside the value of traditional rivalries, the months of January, February and March, when wcbb gets on TV, we are subjected to conference games dominated by total miss matches. At any given point in the season there are maybe 15 teams playing elite level wbb, and they are scattered over a half dozen conferences. If wcbb is to gain popularity among the general population of sports fans, either the number of elite programs needs to increase from 15 to 50 or the 15 need to play each other more when people are watching, which is between football and baseball seasons. Until that happens wcbb is going to remain a niche sport supported by local fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: