RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

For those who missed it, end of the ND-NC State game...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/01/15 11:33 pm    ::: For those who missed it, end of the ND-NC State game... Reply Reply with quote

With 24 seconds left in the game and ND up 67-57 at NC State on senior night, ND commits a foul. NC State subs in senior Krystal Barrett, who had a knee injury earlier in the season.

Obviously, the game isn't in doubt, and she won't be able to make any kind of quick movement. McGraw apparently told her team to slack off her (she was wide open). She gets the ball and hits the 3 on her senior night.

Great move by both coaches IMO (Wes Moore for getting her in the game at that point. McGraw for allowing her to get a final basket).

xwomynjoc

PostPosted: 03/01/15 11:43 pm    ::: Re: For those who missed it, end of the ND-NC State game... Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
With 24 seconds left in the game and ND up 67-57 at NC State on senior night, ND commits a foul. NC State subs in senior Krystal Barrett, who had a knee injury earlier in the season.

Obviously, the game isn't in doubt, and she won't be able to make any kind of quick movement. McGraw apparently told her team to slack off her (she was wide open). She gets the ball and hits the 3 on her senior night.

Great move by both coaches IMO (Wes Moore for getting her in the game at that point. McGraw for allowing her to get a final basket).

Very Happy Bravo!

PostPosted: 03/02/15 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. It was awesome, and there were a few tears. Barrett was a four-year starter for NC State before tearing her ACL in a late December game.

What makes it even more special is that this was the last game that will be played in this iteration of historic Reynolds Coliseum. Renovations begin today on the coliseum, and NC State will play its home game next season at an off-campus gym.

So Barrett will go down as the last person to have scored before the renovations.

Phil

PostPosted: 03/02/15 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Classy move I did not know that.

(As an aside, I had looked, with raised eyebrows at the 7 point margin; this puts a slightly different spin on the margin.)

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/02/15 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I saw this yesterday, I was wondering when her injury was and how close she was to redshirting. So I looked her up and found this article.

http://www.dnaofsports.com/stories/96

This young woman has gone through a lot and is due some happy moments! A lot of admiration for her and her dad getting through what had to be some tough times.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A strong and amazing young lady. Best of luck to her.

PostPosted: 03/03/15 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't see what happened, but I think that's really cool for both teams to allow this to happen. I also heard Tennessee did the same thing for Isabelle Harrison. Great gesture by all involved, especially from the opposing team, coaches and players.

terpsforever

PostPosted: 03/03/15 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
When I saw this yesterday, I was wondering when her injury was and how close she was to redshirting. So I looked her up and found this article.

http://www.dnaofsports.com/stories/96

This young woman has gone through a lot and is due some happy moments! A lot of admiration for her and her dad getting through what had to be some tough times.

Neat story. Thanks for sharing the link.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: