RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big 10 Tournament 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win the 2015 Big Ten Tournament?
#1 Maryland
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
#2 Iowa
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
#3 Ohio State
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
#4 Northwestern
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#5 Rutgers
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
#6 Minnesota
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
#7 Nebraska
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
#8 Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#9 Michigan State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#10 Illinois
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
#11 Wisconsin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#12 Indiana
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#13 Penn State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#14 Purdue
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/08/15 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
I know it's All relative but Minneapolis is a pretty diverse cultural hub. Stollings is Going to have to reestablish the gopher women's basketball footprint there after Borton's tenure. Getting Allina Starr to transfer back is a good step as well as retaining Carlie Wagner.

Bluder frequently recruits Minnesota. She has also branched out to Goodrich Michigan to secure two prep guards over the next two years. These two are in the 5'4-5' range and along with current guard Whitney Jennings (5'5), might show that Bluder is increasing backcourt speed to stay competitive.

Out of curiosity, how DID Zahui B end up at Minnesota? I mean, there IS the Scandinavian influence, but she's kind of an atypical Scandinavian.

And it's only fairly recently that Minneapolis has been that culturally diverse. I heard a MPR talk show host joke last fall that 30 years ago cultural diversity in Minneapolis was Andersons and Iversons in the same room. That's pretty much the way it was in a lot of the midwest when I was growing up. It's a LOT different now.

PostPosted: 03/08/15 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IIRC, AZB was down to Minny, the 'Ville and someone else. She's Swedish and I believe played on that countries national team with Gopher alum Khadijad Anderssen so that may have been a deciding factor.

Regarding Twin Cities, I agree that about 30 years ago it didn't seem diverse. I lived upstate equidistance between Minny and Winnipeg. He much smaller Manitoban community seemed more diverse and eclectic; part Midwest plains and part European with a healthy dose of indigenous culture.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 03/08/15 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Tournament Team
Lexie Brown, Maryland
Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
Alexa Hart, Ohio State
Amanda Zahui B, Minnesota
Bethany Doolittle, Iowa

Most Outstanding Player
Lexie Brown, Maryland

Doolittle the only senior. Brown & Zahui are sophomores and Mitchell and Hart are freshman. Could see these 4 on a couple more all tourney teams.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/09/15 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should the Big 10 move its conference tournament to the same week and same city as the men? http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2015/03/09/couch-column-big-ten-tourney-changes/24675703/

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/10/15 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connie Yori wants to expand the B1G season by a week, so the athletes can have some rest. The author suggests the women play the condensed schedule due to competition for BTN coverage.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/the-big-ten-s-student-athlete-reform-can-start-in/article_8a649e4a-c1ee-11e4-8d98-cb975790e87e.html

bacabuck

PostPosted: 03/10/15 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
All Tournament Team
Lexie Brown, Maryland
Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
Alexa Hart, Ohio State
Amanda Zahui B, Minnesota
Bethany Doolittle, Iowa

Most Outstanding Player
Lexie Brown, Maryland

Doolittle the only senior. Brown & Zahui are sophomores and Mitchell and Hart are freshman. Could see these 4 on a couple more all tourney teams.

Yes, with 40% of the "all tourney" players, and a hairs breadth of beating the terps,..........I don't think that the buckeyes will be so totally ignored by the pollsters next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: