RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ali Patberg scores 39 in IN State 4A semi final win

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/28/15 8:06 pm    ::: Ali Patberg scores 39 in IN State 4A semi final win Reply Reply with quote

Columbus North, #2 in the state, avenged their one loss of the season by defeating #3 Lawrence North 69-60. Lawrence North had won their November matchup 64-60 in OT.

Columbus North defeated #1 ranked and two-time defending state champion Bedford North Lawrence last Tuesday in the regional championship. They play Homestead for the state 4A title next Saturday.

Patberg scored 31 and 32 in the two regional games. Today she scored 39, 24 in the second half. She was 14-18 from the floor, and 9-10 from the ft line. The opposing coach said “She was spectacular from the opening jump on,” Giffin said of Patberg. “We tried to give her different looks and different schemes. We just weren’t able to do anything really with her. We had no answer. No answer.”

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/01/15 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Indiana's 3A, class of 2016 Notre Dame recruit Jackie Young had a marvelous game:

"Bishop Chatard was on the receiving end of a 43-point barrage by Princeton's Jackie Young — a scoring effort that not only lifted the Tigers to a 77-38 victory in the Class 3A girls basketball semistate at Richmond's Tiernan Center, but also made Young Indiana's single-season scoring leader."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/28/record-performance-lifts-princeton-bishop-chatard/24188289/

Young shot 17-25 from the field, and also had game highs of 11 rebounds and 6 assists.

The Indiana State championships games next Saturday will be available on TV in Indiana. I hope they will be streamed as well.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/15 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
In Indiana's 3A, class of 2016 Notre Dame recruit Jackie Young had a marvelous game:

"Bishop Chatard was on the receiving end of a 43-point barrage by Princeton's Jackie Young — a scoring effort that not only lifted the Tigers to a 77-38 victory in the Class 3A girls basketball semistate at Richmond's Tiernan Center, but also made Young Indiana's single-season scoring leader."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/28/record-performance-lifts-princeton-bishop-chatard/24188289/

Young shot 17-25 from the field, and also had game highs of 11 rebounds and 6 assists.

The Indiana State championships games next Saturday will be available on TV in Indiana. I hope they will be streamed as well.

I am pretty sure they are streamed. I'll look it up and post the links before Saturday.

I was hoping it would be on FSMW on Directv but they appear to be showing all college tournaments on Saturday.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/02/15 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The IHSAA Girls Basketball finals for all classes will be streamed on Saturday at
http://www.ihigh.com/ihsaachampionsnetwork/

Apparently if you live within the Fox Sports Indiana viewing area it will be available online on a delayed basis but will be blocked in real time (you're supposed to watch on TV I guess).

Outside that viewing area, it is supposed to be available live, and I suppose, also on a delayed basis for later viewing.

So Patberg has had 31, 32 and 39 in her tournament so far, Young scored 43 in hers, Ogunbowale had 41 in a regional win, Mabrey had 29 in winning the county.

Muffett is evidently collecting some women who know how to put the ball in the basket.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/02/15 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
The IHSAA Girls Basketball finals for all classes will be streamed on Saturday at
http://www.ihigh.com/ihsaachampionsnetwork/

Apparently if you live within the Fox Sports Indiana viewing area it will be available online on a delayed basis but will be blocked in real time (you're supposed to watch on TV I guess).

Outside that viewing area, it is supposed to be available live, and I suppose, also on a delayed basis for later viewing.

So Patberg has had 31, 32 and 39 in her tournament so far, Young scored 43 in hers, Ogunbowale had 41 in a regional win, Mabrey had 29 in winning the county.

Muffett is evidently collecting some women who know how to put the ball in the basket.

Thanks a bunch, Art. I hope I can catch Ali and Jackie play. I really appreciate the streaming link!

Yes, Muffet has really stepped up recruiting in a huge way. Now if she can just land one of those 2 posts (Cox and/or McCoy), ND's 2016 class will be tough to beat. Young + Boley + elite post or 2 = happiness.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/02/15 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a question, does Ali play for a club team or has she been or is she a candidate for a national team?

PostPosted: 03/02/15 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has played for Indiana Elite (Damon Bailey's team) and for the Indy Gym Rats Silver team (a Nike team)

She was invited to the U18 trials last summer but wasn't selected.

She's just a perfect McGraw player. Versatile, pull up jumper, 3pt shot, good ft shooter, good rebounding combo guard with a coach for a father and a high basketball IQ. Perfect fit.

The Gym Rats Silver was

Silver Team Roster
Name Height Year Status
Lindsey Corsaro 6’0″ 2016 Committed to Kentucky
Peyton Fallis 5’9″ 2015 Uncommitted
Lamina Cooper 5’9″ 2015 Committed to Purdue
Darby Foresman 6’3″ 2016 Committed to Indiana
Sydney Hall 5’6″ 2015 Committed to IUPUI
Victoria Gaines 6’1″ 2015 Committed to Michigan State
Darby Maggard 5’4″ 2015 Uncommitted
Tiara Murphy 5’6″ 2015 Committed to Purdue
Faith Suggs 6’1″ 2015 Committed to Duke
Jenna Allen 6’3″ 2015 Committed to Indiana
Ali Patberg 5’9″ 2015 Committed to Notre Dame

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 03/02/15 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/02/15 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
She has played for Indiana Elite (Damon Bailey's team) and for the Gym Rats (a Nike team)

She was invited to the U18 trials last summer but wasn't selected.

She's just a perfect McGraw player. Versatile, pull up jumper, 3pt shot, good ft shooter, good rebounding combo guard with a coach for a father and a high basketball IQ. Perfect fit.

Thanks Art.

PostPosted: 03/05/15 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, the IHSAA championship games will evidently be replayed on a delayed basis next Monday and Thursday on Fox Sports Midwest which is 671 on DirecTV.

The 3A game (with Jackie Young) is on at 1pm ET Monday and Midnight on Thursday morning.
The 4A game (with Ali Patberg) is on at 3pm ET Monday and 2am on Thursday.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/05/15 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
BTW, the IHSAA championship games will evidently be replayed on a delayed basis next Monday and Thursday on Fox Sports Midwest which is 671 on DirecTV.

The 3A game (with Jackie Young) is on at 1pm ET Monday and Midnight on Thursday morning.
The 4A game (with Ali Patberg) is on at 3pm ET Monday and 2am on Thursday.

Plan to watch. Just finished yesterday watching the Arizona finals. Lots of fun.

PostPosted: 03/07/15 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm listening to the 3A game here. Not sure if they will do the 4A game or not.

http://www.wrsw.net/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/07/15 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Darby Maggard 5’4″ 2015 Uncommitted

Darby has committed to Belmont University.

Her mom used to coach my niece's team. Darby's legs were barely long enough to dribble between but she'd be out there between her legs, around her back, shooting threes. She has worked with April McDivitt on ball handling.

Really nice family.

Darby was named Mental Attitude winner. Smile

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/07/15 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/07/15 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackie Young's Princeton team is playing now. They are up about 20 at the end of the 3rd.

She has 34 points and has reached 1,000 for the season.

Finished with 36.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/07/15 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackie looked fantastic. I hope I can see her more next season or during the summer. She looks very impressive.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/07/15 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Jackie looked fantastic. I hope I can see her more next season or during the summer. She looks very impressive.

Broadcast team that I listened to (local to the other team) were really impressed with her too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: