RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How many games of your team do you attend in person?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Recently, how many games of your team do you attend in person?
None
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
1-5
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
6-10
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
11-15
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
All the home games
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
More than all the home games
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 42

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/28/15 11:38 am    ::: How many games of your team do you attend in person? Reply Reply with quote

For the team you primarily follow and root for, how many of its games to you attend in person during a typical recent season?

The purpose of this poll is simple: to see how many of us are fans in the seats vs. fans on TV or the computer, and how often.

If you buy tickets for games but can't make some due to weather or illness, you can count those as "attended" because that was your intention.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/28/15 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee: Since I live 400 miles away, none, unless they play UVA in Charlottesville. But I do watch every game I can on TV or online.

JMU (secondary): when I can, maybe a half dozen games a year.

PostPosted: 02/28/15 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All home games, B1G Tournament and shorter road trips - MSU, especially.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/28/15 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the home games.

(DIII school with an enrollment of about 3,000)

Phil

PostPosted: 02/28/15 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year I attended 16 games. I intended to go to Notre Dame but was sick in bed.

I was in ten different arenas. Two real home arenas, XL and Gampel, two sort of home arenas, Mohegan Sun and Bridgeport, plus Madison Square Garden, Germain Arena in FL, McGonigle in Philly, Williams Arena in NC, The Pavilion in Davis CA and Maples Arena.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/28/15 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Until the last few years, I attended all home games for Duke plus followed them on the road as much as possible. This year I decided I could not justify giving one more $ to the program as it is currently being run. As can easily be seen from attendance records, I am far from the only one who has made this decision.

~rAf
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 02/28/15 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three, travel across the state. Would have been four but was snowed out.

PostPosted: 02/28/15 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year I will put more than 4000 miles on my car traveling to Cal games. That includes 4 trips down to Berkeley (200+ miles each way), an LA trip and Seattle for the Pac 12 Tournament. Hopefully Cal will host in the NCAAs so I can make my fifth trip.

Homyonkel

PostPosted: 02/28/15 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I go to all the home games, all the tournaments and some of the away games. The switch to the AAC makes some games prohibitive.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/28/15 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For my primary, St. John's, I have been to every home game but one, plus three road games and one that is sort of a home game (at MSG). (One of those road games was a Seton Hall home game, as listed below.)

For my secondary, Seton Hall, I have been to four home games and two road games (however, one of those road games was a St. John's home game).

For my tertiary, Iona, I have been to four home games and one road game.

For my quaternary, Michigan, I have been to one road game.

Additionally, I have seen five games not involving my teams, either as part of doubleheaders or because we couldn't think of anything better to do in Philadelphia, with two more in the hopper (Davidson at Fordham tomorrow, Princeton at Columbia next Saturday).

This is down from the last couple of seasons. For further analysis, my blog is tagged by year, location, team(s), level, and conference(s).

(now with spelling variations)
Phil

PostPosted: 02/28/15 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
This year I will put more than 4000 miles on my car traveling to Cal games. That includes 4 trips down to Berkeley (200+ miles each way), an LA trip and Seattle for the Pac 12 Tournament. Hopefully Cal will host in the NCAAs so I can make my fifth trip.

You have me beat in car miles. I flew to CA for UC Davis and Stanford, as well as the three Florida Games. I drove to NC which is 1350 round trip, and have a few other car trips, but won’t come close to 4000.
However, my 16 games listed above counts only UConn games. I also have season tickets to U Hartford, went to several home games, have season tickets to Colgate, but haven’t made a game yet, and drove to Allentown PA to see Johns Hopkins play Muhlenberg. I am planning to drive to Philly to see Penn-Princeton.

Phil

PostPosted: 02/28/15 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Additionally, I have seen five games not involving my teams, either as part of doubleheaders or because we couldn't think of anything better to do in Philadelphia, with two more in the hopper (Davidson at Fordham tomorrow, Princeton at Columbia next Saturday).

Any chance you will go to the Penn Princeton game? I've love to meet you.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/28/15 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Any chance you will go to the Penn Princeton game? I've love to meet you.

We thought about it for the historical significance of the game, the rivalry, and the site- but a mid-week early evening in Philadelphia is a bit impractical when you don't have a car and you've already tested the good nature of your co-workers regarding time off.

(now with spelling variations)
xwomynjoc

PostPosted: 02/28/15 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I usually never miss any home games and have traveled to The ACC Tourney for 15 years straight. This year I have missed 2 games due to an inner ear problem and I am not going to The B1G Tourney. I have also traveled to several Thanksgiving week games such as P.R. ( twice ) Bahamas, Cancun, and U.S.V.I. I am a Terp die-hard. There is usually a game or two that the fans get a bus and travel to close away games. I've also traveled to several NCAA Tourney games in far away cities.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year I bought tickets for three Boston College women's games. Unfortunately, I was only able to make it to one of those games.

Last year I went to four BC games.
Phil

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

xwomynjoc wrote:
I usually never miss any home games and have traveled to The ACC Tourney for 15 years straight. This year I have missed 2 games due to an inner ear problem and I am not going to The B1G Tourney. I have also traveled to several Thanksgiving week games such as P.R. ( twice ) Bahamas, Cancun, and U.S.V.I. I am a Terp die-hard. There is usually a game or two that the fans get a bus and travel to close away games. I've also traveled to several NCAA Tourney games in far away cities.

Very impressive.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/01/15 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tried to keep track of the mileage I put on my car for trips to Ball State and Purdue, plus all the side games to the Fever, IU, Taylor and over to Cincy, but I lost track of that real quick.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
xwomynjoc wrote:

Very impressive.

Thanks. I have nothing better to do since I'm retired and I love to travel. Having Meniere's disease is starting to restrict my travel some. It causes sudden onset vertigo and it's hard to monitor my sodium intake when eating out.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I used to go to all of Marquette's home games and would make a road game or two most seasons. But I missed a few games this season due to my kids' activities and I think that's only going to get worse as they get older. I didn't make any road games this season but next season I'll probably make the long trek to the UW-Milwaukee game Smile - that's basically the same distance as going to an MU game for me.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/02/15 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I live too far (>1000 miles) to see any of my favorite team's games in person, but I have seen them all on television or online for several years now. I am sure that after Title IX, the internet is the second greatest thing to happen to women's basketball.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/02/15 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somewhat off topic, but I have a question for anybody who attended Senior Day games:

Did the Home team do anything special to recognize the Visiting team's senior(s)?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/02/15 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
Somewhat off topic, but I have a question for anybody who attended Senior Day games:

Did the Home team do anything special to recognize the Visiting team's senior(s)?

Seton Hall and Iona, yes Then again Tony (Iona still used Tony's format) also had the Band, Cheer and Dance walk out Smile

St. Johns and Fordham no.

Brinx

PostPosted: 03/02/15 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I go to 5-10 home games each season depending on my schedule.

ripleydc wrote:

Coach Close at UCLA has acknowledged them the last couple years, pretty sure it's something she'll always do while coaching. I didn't make it to the senior game this year, but at last years she had the others teams seniors come out, shake hands, and receive flowers.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/03/15 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

Coach Close at UCLA has acknowledged them the last couple years, pretty sure it's something she'll always do while coaching. I didn't make it to the senior game this year, but at last years she had the others teams seniors come out, shake hands, and receive flowers.

Very similar to what we do at Maryland. I like it. I wish it would become the norm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: