RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

California @ Stanford (18) - 2/22/15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
California
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Stanford
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/15 5:20 pm    ::: California @ Stanford (18) - 2/22/15 Reply Reply with quote

Stanford, CA - 4:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Roxy Bernstein & Mary Murphy)
Radio: KZSU FM

Video:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2312267/Womens-College-Basketball-California-vs-Stanford

Audio:
http://tunein.com/radio/Cal-IMG-Sports-Network-s206507/?DB_OEM_ID=30100

http://kzsulive.stanford.edu/ (free)

Live stats:
http://www.gostanford.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?SPSID=789135&SPID=127029&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30600&LIST_SPORT_KEY=W_BASKETBALL

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

7-3 Cal early on

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney showing some Range.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Brittney McPhee kid is pretty good. Or maybe she just likes playing Cal.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

Where has Stanford been hiding her?

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

Where has Stanford been hiding her?

McPhee is our Secret Weapon.

McPhee was injured for most of the season, so didn't have much chance to show off for us fans.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

29-27 STAN at the half

McPhee 15 pts, 4 reb

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this is the 2nd time I've seen Stanford since the UConn game (unable to get the PAC-12 network.)

Man, they suck.

Is there an injury or 2, or is this them?

They may not make the S16 unless they host.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I think this is the 2nd time I've seen Stanford since the UConn game (unable to get the PAC-12 network.)

Man, they suck.

Is there an injury or 2, or is this them?

They may not make the S16 unless they host.

Thompson started out the season playing so well and now she is sucking big time.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the replay of the Stan win over UConn...for a while afterward I was disappointed MoJet blew the defense and gave Orrange the open 3 to tie.

Now, I'm glad she did.

I don't know if the changes would have been made had Uconn won that game, but they were sure made after they lost.

So, thanks Mo and Amber.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this the same Brittany mcphee?

Looks like her , she used to model?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Is this the same Brittany mcphee?
Looks like her , she used to model?

Is this her?

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/article/8809096/brittany-mcphee-puts-basketball-family-modeling

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 02/22/15 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was that Anne Donovan in the crowd?????

PostPosted: 02/22/15 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So now OSU is locked into the #1 seed for the Pac-12 tourney. It is possible ASU can still "share" the regular-season title but it would be OSU due to head-to-head wins.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Was that Anne Donovan in the crowd?????

Yes. Anne and Mike Thibault were in attendance.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 6:32 pm    ::: Greenfield Reply Reply with quote

What is Tara's obsession with Greenfield? Yes, she made a couple of drives but in the end, her contribution is either a wash or negative. Her ole defense is locally famous, her lack of hustle generally (and even when she does try to hustle, it leads to poor results because she is not use to doing it). Her defense and indomitable low energy are atrocious and has been for four years. The fact that she has been a go-to option in late games situations (Texas, Cal and probably others I have not seen) is laughable and reinforces why there must be a complete and utter blind spot. She must actually be a charismatic and high energy person in normal everyday life because it is truly bizarre. I wish her well but so glad she will excel in another field outside of basketball after March.

Of course, a team that relies on Amber, Lily and Bonnie so much, when they don't produce, Stanford can't win.

Why has there been no attempt to get the post a few touches with all the scoring droughts at least to the one post with halfway decent balance (McCall)?

Stanford went from dipping their foot in pick and roll offense (PnR) and literally being behind the times in developing a PnR game, to making it their base offense. It truly enhances a base offense, it is not a base offense. Tara is funny,

insidewinder

PostPosted: 02/22/15 9:21 pm    ::: Re: Greenfield Reply Reply with quote

LaLafan wrote:

Stanford went from dipping their foot in pick and roll offense (PnR) and literally being behind the times in developing a PnR game, to making it their base offense. It truly enhances a base offense, it is not a base offense. Tara is funny,

This is the story of Stanford's season- the no pass one-on-one ball screen pick and roll without a roll (or hitting the roll when it does happen) offense has been a problem against any team with a decent defense.

LaLafan

PostPosted: 02/22/15 9:55 pm    ::: Re: Greenfield Reply Reply with quote

insidewinder wrote:
LaLafan wrote:

This is the story of Stanford's season- the no pass one-on-one ball screen pick and roll without a roll (or hitting the roll when it does happen) offense has been a problem against any team with a decent defense.

Of course, almost anything is better than triangle and it took her over a decade to get rid of that so . . .she'll retire with this junk offense. PnR might be better for people like Amber and Lily and even McPhee to stick in the pros more so than previous Stanford perimeter players of the past . . . Though I do wonder who will bring the ball up next year for Stanford. Amber is the only reliable ball handler. Lily panics and has limited vision as a passer. Roberson Really does not have good handles and is fooling no one. I wish Karli were more confident in her ball handling. I think McPhee looks the best out of all replacements but they will need her scoring.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 02/23/15 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the model question: yes, McPhee used to model.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 02/23/15 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question is there something wrong with Tara?

I am being serious as there are some serious issues with what she has shown since the Uconn game. Maybe she got lucky with that game and the right players were on the court and wasn't much to do with Tara but she has done a terrible job with line ups, subs etc in some of the games following.

The Greenfield kid is a very strange situation. Don't think she ever makes the court on anyone else's team. Their PG Orange has been terrible, she starts every game like she is not even interested.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/23/15 1:30 pm    ::: Cuckoo Reply Reply with quote

Yes Houston we have a problem but it has been going on for much longer than this season. First, TVD takes out the only person who has scored, is 1 for 1, and ices her, leaving in Amber who has stunk it up big time for the start of the last ions of games. She goes with Amber and yanks all her other players even though Amber is stinking bad. Cal is playing a 1 3 1 we have shooters open in the corners and she cannot make a pass. The whole game goes to the outhouse for this reason, yanking the wrong players and leaving Amber in who stinks at both ends of the floor followed up with her favorite fetish serving of Greenfield. How many games have we won with her in there for minutes at a stretch - NONE.

There is NO offense it has become a 1 on 1 fest, where TVD has made some very selfish players who won't pass the ball. Even McFly is selfish, doesn't understand help D, she doesn't pass at a crucial point in the game when Cal finally stops her right hand drive to a player who has slipped the screen and is wide open under the basket. Game over, as she can't coach with her back against the wall. BUT the game was lost in the first half, Amber needs to be sat until she starts games with a better attitude.

As for the model pics, sad state of affairs IMO that parents doll their little kid up to look 10 years older. Let kids be kids.

LaLafan

PostPosted: 02/23/15 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to defend Amber. She defers far too much. IMO she is their best player. Lily is the second best but she is somewhat of a ball hog. Amber Has won enough clutch games on her own to be considered the best. The talent around has gone down steadily since her freshman year. She has had some bad games, too, over the years and bad turnovers because Tara does not have any viable scheme whatsoever on offense so everyone must improvise.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/24/15 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LaLafan wrote:
I have to defend Amber. She defers far too much. IMO she is their best player. Lily is the second best but she is somewhat of a ball hog. Amber Has won enough clutch games on her own to be considered the best. The talent around has gone down steadily since her freshman year. She has had some bad games, too, over the years and bad turnovers because Tara does not have any viable scheme whatsoever on offense so everyone must improvise.

You have to be freaking kidding me, Amber has been woeful, she plays the whole game and picks and chooses when she wants to go hard. She starts games and is never ready and most if the time it is because she just dribbles and goes no where. She gets her lay ups and shots when other teams forget she is left handed and have break downs in their defense. She has not improved her right hand and has been allowed to play lazy. She cannot even call out a play, the bench and team call out plays as she will not open her mouth. I bet she is a big help on D - NOT, NO talking and takes plays off.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/24/15 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Lala I just watched the game and yes maybe I am being too critical of Amber as at the end of the day it is all on TVD. As a freshman Chiney was told you can only play D, soph and junior just rebound and put the ball back, she never got to work on her jumpers. All I hear from ex assistants and players is that wins and losses are whats important not individual development. Can you imagine if they had strapped Ambers left arm and forced her to use her right, defenses would not be able to overplay her, same with talking etc. Maybe she has just had enough and cannot wait to move on as she seems very amiable but last game she was being selfish at the start, not passing and missing every shot or dribbling out the clock against Cals 1 3 1 with players open in the corners. And yes that is also on the coaches.

LaLafan

PostPosted: 02/25/15 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber and Chiney have to take responsibility in their own development (and there are far more credible examples of lack of player development at Stanford than those two who were Tara favs). Amber works with one of the premiere trainers in a Houston and has for last 3 summers at least. I agree, she has made very little improvement in her right hand but so had Odyssey Sims by her senior year - the difference is that Sims at least could always make a wrong-handed layup. Skylar was not proficient with her right hand by her senior year. Only this past WNBA season, Maya's MVP year did she learn how to handle the ball confidently in traffic. no one will say Mulkey or Muffet or Geno can't develop players. Sims and Diggins (and particularly Diggins who stunk it up her first year in the pros) are better pro players and now use their right hand all the time. Bottomline, Amber can still mostly get where she wants to go and will be a far better pro IMO. Geno is the smartest coach with the most talented players and they sat on her left the last two years and focused on her and in the regular season the last 2 years, she still scored reasonably well against the best defense in women's basketball. As for her muteness, no matter your feelings on Tara, there is no way even you believe that Tara encourages Amber's silence. That was the topic of all Amber's interviews or articles about her the first couple of years and Tara trying desperately to bring her out and make her a vocal leader. With out of the world characters like Chiney mentoring her and talking her up, Amber still was Amber. Amber's high school coach, mother, etc said the same things about her in articles. I think you are asking a lot of Tara who is admittedly better with Xs and Os than the personal side of basketball and she stays in her lane.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: