RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

North Carolina (15) @ Duke (16) - 3/01/15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
North Carolina
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Duke
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/15 4:51 pm    ::: North Carolina (15) @ Duke (16) - 3/01/15 Reply Reply with quote

Durham, NC - 3:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Pam Ward & Carolyn Peck)

Video:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2349871/Womens-College-Basketball-North-Carolina-vs-Duke

Audio:
http://www.goheels.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPID=12979&SITE=UNC&db_oem_id=3350

http://www.goduke.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=22762&SPID=1846&DB_OEM_ID=4200&db_oem_id=4200 (sub)

Live stats:
http://www.goduke.com/liveStats/v2/basketball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=1706687&db_oem_id=4200

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/01/15 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/01/15 1:53 am    ::: Re: North Carolina (15) @ Duke (16) - 3/01/15 Reply Reply with quote

Rivalry game! Will JPM get her 100th ACC win, making her the coach to get there the fastest? This is attempt #4.

One thing that doesn't need to be asked is whether Carolina will put up a record number of treys - we know they will.

Will Duke PG Ka'lia Johnson break out of her two game slump, or will she be further shamed in the post game presser? Will JPM shame her with her parents in the stands? She called out EWill after a game last season with a live mike in the stadium - with her parents in attendance. That was my second to last game I attended, with the ND game being the last.

Carolina needs a big game from N'Dea Bryant, who has been playing really well recently, to patrol the post with Mavunga. Will Latifah Coleman light up Duke like she usually does? They're likely to set a steals record against the TO prone Dukies.

~rAf
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/01/15 8:15 am    ::: Re: North Carolina (15) @ Duke (16) - 3/01/15 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rivalry game! Will JPM get her 100th ACC win, making her the coach to get there the fastest? This is attempt #4.

One thing that doesn't need to be asked is whether Carolina will put up a record number of treys - we know they will.

Will Duke PG Ka'lia Johnson break out of her two game slump, or will she be further shamed in the post game presser? Will JPM shame her with her parents in the stands? She called out EWill after a game last season with a live mike in the stadium - with her parents in attendance. That was my second to last game I attended, with the ND game being the last.

Carolina needs a big game from N'Dea Bryant, who has been playing really well recently, to patrol the post with Mavunga. Will Latifah Coleman light up Duke like she usually does? They're likely to set a steals record against the TO prone Dukies.

Hard to believe that a coach that is about to set the record for fastest to 100 ACC wins might be fired after the season, but that's seems to be the right decision. The past 2 seasons have not been kind to Coach P.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/15 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCallie has had a lead guard problem the last couple of years. Having Liston as your lead guard is not very ideal. I look forward to seeing what she can do with those two high ranking PG prospects coming in next year.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/01/15 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is going to be ugly. UNC's pressure against Duke with their lack of guards. UNC can be out of control at times too. The rivalry factor also mixes in, going to be really physical and probably a lot of fouls.

Maybe its just me but I feel like during conference play I've seen UNC and Duke on ESPN more than ND this year which is interesting given that ND went undefeated last year in conference play and played in the national championship game.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/01/15 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably too painful to watch. Those of you addicted to soap opera may "enjoy" (if that's the right word) the post game edition of "Under the Bus" starring JPM. I can't.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elizabeth Williams just got hosed on that offensive foul.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/15 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

19-19 with 9:24 left in half

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/01/15 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
McCallie has had a lead guard problem the last couple of years. Having Liston as your lead guard is not very ideal. I look forward to seeing what she can do with those two high ranking PG prospects coming in next year.

Weren't you also an apologist for the abominable Trudi Lacey? We saw how fast the franchise turned around when they finally got rid of her.

There really only one reason to justify keeping McCallie at this point - the contract extension, which means paying her for four years @ ~1mil/yr. If Duke cares at all about how she's representing the university right now, they have to seriously be considering the cost of keeping her.

~rAf
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/01/15 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Weren't you also an apologist for the abominable Trudi Lacey? We saw how fast the franchise turned around when they finally got rid of her.

There really only one reason to justify keeping McCallie at this point - the contract extension, which means paying her for four years @ ~1mil/yr. If Duke cares at all about how she's representing the university right now, they have to seriously be considering the cost of keeping her.

They have the #1 recruiting class in the country. Plus they have had some injuries, Chidom out for the year, Belton out for the year. Let's see what Duke looks like next year with a more balanced roster including a true point guard.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/01/15 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Completely disregarding publicly abusive behavior by the coach? If she does that in public, who KNOWS what she does and says to the players behind the gym doors?

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lobo trashed the officials at halftime for both of the first half foul calls on E Wiliams.

Called them "bogus".

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Completely disregarding publicly abusive behavior by the coach? If she does that in public, who KNOWS what she does and says to the players behind the gym doors?

Nothing she said is so bad for firing. I mean it wasn't even bad enough to be suspended so why would she get fired for it? Did you see what Vanderbilt men's coach said to his player, and what happened to him?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, and here we are, halftime of the Duke-UNC game on the last day of the regular season with a full slate of great games and great performances that should be covered, and what is ESPN wasting time on? Why Diamond DeShields of course. As if she has any relevance whatsoever to today, to this season, to the upcoming conference tournaments, to the NCAA tournament, to anything.

Ridiculous.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Nothing she said is so bad for firing. I mean it wasn't even bad enough to be suspended so why would she get fired for it? Did you see what Vanderbilt men's coach said to his player, and what happened to him?

Bill Self has trashed his Kansas team more than once this year. No one's saying he should be fired as a consequence.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

He also apologized publicly, or did you miss that part? When has JPM apologized for any of her behavior?

And also in case you missed it, several coaches have been fired or had to resign due to abusive behavior/bullying of players. Rutgers (men's), Oakland and BU (women's) come immediately to mind.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Bill Self has trashed his Kansas team more than once this year. No one's saying he should be fired as a consequence.

I think some people hate McCallie and because of that they sort of make reaches on why she should be fired. I mean this season is Duke's lowpoint in a long time and they are #16 in the country and can still make a run in the NCAA tournament. No coach is being fired for some "mean" press conference quotes. So she hates on South Bend as a city or is critical of her players. Not grounds for firing, just grounds for maybe disliking her.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke on a 7-0 run

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Oh, and here we are, halftime of the Duke-UNC game on the last day of the regular season with a full slate of great games and great performances that should be covered, and what is ESPN wasting time on? Why Diamond DeShields of course. As if she has any relevance whatsoever to today, to this season, to the upcoming conference tournaments, to the NCAA tournament, to anything.

Ridiculous.

I kinda thought that too. I wish the girl well because I hope every teenager manages to get their heads together...but right now I'm interested in what is happening this year - not last year or next year.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I think some people hate McCallie and because of that they sort of make reaches on why she should be fired. I mean this season is Duke's lowpoint in a long time and they are #16 in the country and can still make a run in the NCAA tournament. No coach is being fired for some "mean" press conference quotes. So she hates on South Bend as a city or is critical of her players. Not grounds for firing, just grounds for maybe disliking her.

Only 7 teams have won the NC in 20 years. Failing to do so is hardly a fireable offense.

As I understand it, she's about to become the fastest coach in the history of the ACC to get to 100 conference wins.

I think she's rude, obnoxious and kind of prickly. Don't like her myself. She's eady to mock for some of the way she speaks. But the hatred for her from some quarters seems exagerrated.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another horrible charge call against Duke

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Only 7 teams have won the NC in 20 years. Failing to do so is hardly a fireable offense.

As I understand it, she's about to become the fastest coach in the history of the ACC to get to 100 conference wins.

I think she's rude, obnoxious and kind of prickly. Don't like her myself. She's eady to mock for some of the way she speaks. But the hatred for her from some quarters seems exagerrated.

Some people just like to take the other side just for the fun of it. Fastest to 100 ACC wins? She inherited a team with EIGHT McD AAs. No other coach on the list had anywhere near that amount of talent when they started.

You might want to look at Ka'lia Johnson's stats since she was publically trashed. Whole lot of goose eggs on offense since then. Isn't the point what the impact is on the players? And, from what I've read, the great majority of people have responded negatively to JPM's treatment of her players.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, she is plainly outcoaching Hatchell today and it's not even close. Indeed it would be hard to find someone who has perrenially over an extended period of years gotten less out of more talent, is any ruder to opponents, or who has a worse coached or less disciplined teams than Hatchell, yet she's considered some kind of saint.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Well, she is plainly outcoaching Hatchell today and it's not even close. Indeed it would be hard to find someone who has perrenially over an extended period of years gotten less out of more talent, is any ruder to opponents, or who has a worse coached or less disciplined teams than Hatchell, yet she's considered some kind of saint.

Hatchell has an NC, whether it because of a fluke, luck, or no call on Charlotte Smith. For probably a decade or more, Duke has had way more talent than UNC has.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Hatchell has an NC, whether it because of a fluke, luck, or no call on Charlotte Smith. For probably a decade or more, Duke has had way more talent than UNC has.

So does Carolyn Peck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: