RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/15 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Wiese

PostPosted: 02/08/15 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the past winners have went on to have reasonably solid WNBA careers, except the winner from 2010. 2015 is like a repeat of 2010. Can you pick one player from this list to have a reasonably solid WNBA career. Maybe Mitchell? A freshman has never won this award so that would really be making a statement.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/08/15 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
All the past winners have went on to have reasonably solid WNBA careers, except the winner from 2010. 2015 is like a repeat of 2010. Can you pick one player from this list to have a reasonably solid WNBA career. Maybe Mitchell? A freshman has never won this award so that would really be making a statement.

Moriah Jefferson.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/08/15 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I think Plum, Allen, Mitchell and Theriot all have a chance to have decent WNBA careers. Thre of those still have two or three more years to develop. The fourth has the advantage of really good height for a point guard.

I really doubt Mitchell will win it this year.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/08/15 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Really, Shades? Really? A repeat of 2010?

I'd pick Theriot, Logic, Allen, and Johnson of the ones I've seen. I wouldn't count Jefferson out despite her lack of height, since I remember Temeka Johnson and Shannon Bobbitt, both of whom were 5'2, but I don't think she's going to win it this year. As for who's going to win, it's anyone's guess. I haven't seen most of these.

Oh, and I don't remember Renee Montgomery, either. Sorry.

PostPosted: 02/08/15 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Mitchell is as close to a lock for pro success as any freshman point guard will ever be.

After her, I would say Lexie Brown, who reminds me of Bria Hartley. Like Hartley, she may never win the Lieberman award, but size or athleticism won't be a concern at the next level, and there aren't any serious weaknesses in her skill set.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/15 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I think Plum, Allen, Mitchell and Theriot all have a chance to have decent WNBA careers. Thre of those still have two or three more years to develop. The fourth has the advantage of really good height for a point guard.

I doubt it too, but I think she's the one who's likely to have a solid pro career.

Plum.... a 5'8 SG? Hard seeing it happen. Theriot.....too skinny but you never know.

joetro

PostPosted: 02/08/15 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't there a height limit for this award? Maybe that explains some of the missing folks.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/23/15 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syessence Davis? wat?

Good call on Moody and Wiese, though.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/23/15 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Angela Mickens is still on the list! How cool is that?

PostPosted: 02/23/15 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Lexie Brown?

Alston is probably wondering what she has to do to get any recognition being on the same team as Mitchell.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 02/23/15 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber Orrange doesn't make it despite completely outplaying Moriah Jefferson when they met? Okay.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/15 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Amber Orrange doesn't make it despite completely outplaying Moriah Jefferson when they met? Okay.

Not only that, she was able to blow by the highly vaunted defense of KML. Lieberman obviously is all about what have you done for me lately.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/23/15 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And she couldn't even make a pass the last several games Shocked

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/23/15 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
No Lexie Brown?

Alston is probably wondering what she has to do to get any recognition being on the same team as Mitchell.

Playing PG would be a good start.

And head-to-head stats mean close to nothing in college ball, especially when it's a one game sample. I agree that Orrange should be on there though.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/23/15 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the fuck are even the criteria.

I am so confuse I no can English good.

PostPosted: 02/24/15 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I doubt it too, but I think she's the one who's likely to have a solid pro career.

Plum.... a 5'8 SG? Hard seeing it happen. Theriot.....too skinny but you never know.

5'6" Becky Hammon had a fantastic career primarily playing SG.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/24/15 2:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

5'6" Becky Hammon had a fantastic career primarily playing SG.

Is Plum Becky Hammon, and is today's WNBA built for a new Becky Hammon? You know....bigger, stronger, taller?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/24/15 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
No Lexie Brown?

And head-to-head stats mean close to nothing in college ball, especially when it's a one game sample. I agree that Orrange should be on there though.

OSU is playing two high scoring PGs, sorta like the Tulsa Shock.

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 02/25/15 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:

Moriah Jefferson.

She was my first thought too. Lesser guards have made it in the WNBA.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/25/15 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

This isn't the "One Trick Pony" Award.

Orrange 12.9 pts/gm 47% fg 41% 3pt 3.5 ass/gm 1.9 a/t

Jefferson 11.8 pts/gm 57% fg 49% 3pt 4.6 ass/gm 3.0 a/t

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/25/15 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
No Lexie Brown?

Seems strange that a player in the running for this award has more turnovers than assists. Isn't that sort of an important part of being a PG? Mitchell has 122 TO against 114 assists.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/25/15 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shades wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
No Lexie Brown?

Seems strange that a player in the running for this award has more turnovers than assists. Isn't that sort of an important part of being a PG? Mitchell has 122 TO against 114 assists.

Look at her PF count. I bet half of those are offensive fouls because of her agressive style of play. Offensive fouls also count as TOs. Mitchell should be a great one as she matures.

Alston I'm liking too. I hope she flies under the radar in next year's draft. Could she top Banham?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/25/15 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would have liked to have seen Jen Dumiak on the list. Is she the best PG in the country? no. But the best in the Patriot league and better than some on this list and I like to recognize the minor leagues.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 02/25/15 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been impressed with Sydney Wiese of OSU. She's more of a scoring pg than some others and being on a west coast team has little exposure. She plays with a lot of maturity for a sophomore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: