RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

This FSU women's basketball team is scary good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 01/26/15 11:25 pm    ::: This FSU women's basketball team is scary good Reply Reply with quote

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2015/01/26/clark-fsu-womens-basketball-team-scary-good/22372289/

Quote:
Sue Semrau almost always has a good basketball team. That's nothing new.

But what the Florida State head coach has this year is something entirely different. What she has this year is a team that is quite capable of winning the ACC. What she has this year is a team that is capable of reaching the Final Four.

Simply put: What she has this year is the most talented team in school history.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/26/15 11:54 pm    ::: Re: This FSU women's basketball team is scary good Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2015/01/26/clark-fsu-womens-basketball-team-scary-good/22372289/

Quote:
Sue Semrau almost always has a good basketball team. That's nothing new.

But what the Florida State head coach has this year is something entirely different. What she has this year is a team that is quite capable of winning the ACC. What she has this year is a team that is capable of reaching the Final Four.

Simply put: What she has this year is the most talented team in school history.

I'm not the biggest Sue Semrau fan, but this team looks really well put together. Bulgak is quite a gem!

~rAf
AAOK423

PostPosted: 01/26/15 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok I wasn't going to comment on the hype that FSU was getting and the ridiculousness of the fact they jumped all the way to #9 ....because I didn't want to say anything too bad about U of L, but come on!? Final Four?!! A rebuilding Louisville team who was over-raked at #4 spotted them 20pts, played terrible, and FSU still almost lost the game... that doesn't seem like they are a final four team to me and I doubt they would beat ND to win the ACC tourney. They are a good team and a deep team and if they have a Cinderella story in them come tournament time, good for them. But personally I don't see it, ive been wrong before...but I really just don't see it.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/27/15 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno, AA....they only lost to ND by 6, at ND so, yeah, they might have as legit a shot at the FF as a ND, MD, UNC, Baylor, etc.

I haven't gotten a good chance to see them, but everything I see and hear is impressive. And Romero's unexpected addition is something that may have kept them off earlier radar screens.

But--and this is my mantra for the next week or 3--there's a LOTTA season left to play out.

PostPosted: 01/27/15 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was pretty impressed when I saw them play at ND.

I don't think that I'd expect them to be in the FF, but if things fell right, I wouldn't be surprised if they're there.

RAF, what's with SS? I've kind of liked what I've seen of her, so I'm wondering if I've missed something.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 01/27/15 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I dunno, AA....they only lost to ND by 6, at ND so, yeah, they might have as legit a shot at the FF as a ND, MD, UNC, Baylor, etc.

I haven't gotten a good chance to see them, but everything I see and hear is impressive. And Romero's unexpected addition is something that may have kept them off earlier radar screens.

But--and this is my mantra for the next week or 3--there's a LOTTA season left to play out.

Yeah, and honestly the close loss to ND is more impressive to me than either the win over Louisville or Duke. Romero's addition obviously is very beneficial to them and they do have a lot of talent, I just think the final four is a stretch and replicating another close game against ND (assuming those two do end up competing for an ACC championship) is going to be difficult. But I agree, lots of games to be played yet and this season has been a roller coaster.....so who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: