RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fight Night in Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/02/15 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

warladytigers wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:
The article says she was suspended for violating team rules .

Maybe getting in fights and being suspended by the NCAA is against a team rule.

C-Mo sat out her suspension and they published her apology. While this may be related in some way I don't think it's because of the fight. Not only is this a possible blow to her career (overseas or WNBA) it will be interesting to see how this young team responds - we are already at the bottom of the league - can't get much lower.

Had she played any games since the suspension? Sorry, I don't have time to look it up right now.)

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/03/15 5:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
warladytigers wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

C-Mo sat out her suspension and they published her apology. While this may be related in some way I don't think it's because of the fight. Not only is this a possible blow to her career (overseas or WNBA) it will be interesting to see how this young team responds - we are already at the bottom of the league - can't get much lower.

Had she played any games since the suspension? Sorry, I don't have time to look it up right now.)

I'm not sure which "she" you are referring to. But Hasina Muhammad was dismissed from Auburn on February 1, the day of the 3rd game after Alabama, which would have been the 1st she game was eligible to play and Breanna Hayden played against Arkansas, the 1st game she was eligible to play in.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/03/15 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
warladytigers wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

I'm not sure which "she" you are referring to. But Hasina Muhammad was dismissed from Auburn on February 1, the day of the 3rd game after Alabama, which would have been the 1st she game was eligible to play and Breanna Hayden played against Arkansas, the 1st game she was eligible to play in.

Yes, that's who I was referring to. Thanks,

Since she didn't play after her suspension - went directly from suspension to dismissed - makes me think that it had something to do with the fight.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/03/15 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Matt5762 wrote:
And the hits keep coming for Auburn - Hasina Muhammad, once suspended for 2 games, now dismissed from the team: http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2015/02/auburns_hasina_muhammad_dismis.html

What the?.....makes it kinda hard to get drafted.

Muhammed was one I had my eye on for the draft. She'll still get a look if she wants to play at the next level, but as a much later pick or perhaps as an undrafted rookie.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
Matt5762 wrote:
And the hits keep coming for Auburn - Hasina Muhammad, once suspended for 2 games, now dismissed from the team: http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2015/02/auburns_hasina_muhammad_dismis.html

Muhammed was one I had my eye on for the draft. She'll still get a look if she wants to play at the next level, but as a much later pick or perhaps as an undrafted rookie.

Wait, who is? Pilight, all the times I've brought her up in the mock draft thread to dead silence, and NOW you say you had your eye on her? Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/03/15 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
Matt5762 wrote:

Wait, who is? Pilight, all the times I've brought her up in the mock draft thread to dead silence, and NOW you say you had your eye on her? Surprised

I haven't been paying much attention to the mock draft thread.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Total speculation is that since this wasn't done immediately and instead she was suspended and served her suspension, this is likely not directly based on the fight itself.

Which of course does not mean that it isn't based on her reaction to or conduct after being suspended. So it could be indirectly based on the fight.

Or it could be completely unrelated and simply a coincidence (or could be something she did that would not ordinarily result in dismissal but coming on the heels of the fight caused this response by the school).

Oh, and in this draft almost anyone is potentially draftable.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/15 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Total speculation is that since this wasn't done immediately and instead she was suspended and served her suspension, this is likely not directly based on the fight itself.

Which of course does not mean that it isn't based on her reaction to or conduct after being suspended. So it could be indirectly based on the fight.

Or it could be completely unrelated and simply a coincidence (or could be something she did that would not ordinarily result in dismissal but coming on the heels of the fight caused this response by the school).

Oh, and in this draft almost anyone is potentially draftable.

If she qualifies to be drafted, I'll say if the NYL don't draft her than nobody will. As of right of right now, the NYL only have two picks, #16 & #35, so if they used one on Muhammad I'd be the surprised. Camp invite route is more likely in my mind at this point. Who knows what's on her mind and what she even wants in the future?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/03/15 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to hear an interview with her about it, but I'm sure Auburn wouldn't allow it.....although they might not have a say in the matter now that she's off the team, unless they're still honoring the scholarship. Can't help being curious, though. I think their coach is not very good, anyway, either as a coach or as a recruiter, if this year's performance is any indication.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I think their coach is not very good, anyway, either as a coach or as a recruiter, if this year's performance is any indication.

She was able to win at Georgetown, which is not at all easy. It took her a few years to get rolling there.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I think their coach is not very good, anyway, either as a coach or as a recruiter, if this year's performance is any indication.

She was able to win at Georgetown, which is not at all easy. It took her a few years to get rolling there.

The SEC is a slightly different playing field.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

When she was winning at Georgetown the Big East was the best conference in the country.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/03/15 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

This is her 3 year, the first 2 years she was 19-15 in both seasons, why would you use this year as an indication more than the previous 2 years.

beknighted

PostPosted: 02/03/15 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

When she was winning at Georgetown the Big East was the best conference in the country.

And Georgetown was a total doormat before she was there. Honestly, how she managed to recruit good players I'll never understand; the Hoyas have some of the worst facilities I've ever seen.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/03/15 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

This is her 3 year, the first 2 years she was 19-15 in both seasons, why would you use this year as an indication more than the previous 2 years.

She has yet to have a winning record in the SEC. They ore 0-9 so far this year, 7-9 last year, and 5-11 the year before that. That's why.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Some people say when a new coach wins early, its because the previous coach left some talented players, a la the girl that was just kicked off Auburn's team. Each year the new coach brings in more of her recruits while the previous coach's players slowly graduate or transfer. So as you go into year 3 and 4 and the record is getting worse, one could hypothesize that the new coach is not recruiting at the same level as the previous coach. But then you could argue the previous coach could recruit but not coach since the new coach comes in and wins with her players, at least early in her tenure.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/03/15 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

She has yet to have a winning record in the SEC. They ore 0-9 so far this year, 7-9 last year, and 5-11 the year before that. That's why.

That is not what you said, that is why I brought up her first 2 seasons.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/03/15 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

The Big East was never the best conference in the country. It may have had two of the best teams and a couple of other pretty decent ones, but it was never the best conference.

PostPosted: 02/03/15 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

The Big East was never the best conference in the country. It may have had two of the best teams and a couple of other pretty decent ones, but it was never the best conference.

Riiiiiiiiiight. I bet you're going to try to tell us that when the BE sent three teams to the FF, that the SEC was better. For several years before it's demise the BE was plainly the best conference.

beknighted

PostPosted: 02/03/15 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I know I have a bias, but the old Big East was a lot deeper than that in its prime.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/03/15 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I know I have a bias, but the old Big East was a lot deeper than that in its prime.

Like in 2011, for example, when the BE had NINE tournament bids, five Sweet Sixteen teams, and two Final Four teams, while the SEC got 4 bids, 2 Sweet Sixteen, zero Final Four. Williams-Flournoy's Georgetown team made it to the SS that year where it lost to UConn by 5.

The nine tournament teams were Connecticut, DePaul, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, Notre Dame, Rutgers, St. John’s, West Virginia.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 02/04/15 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

You are spot on. Coach Flo's predecessor, Nell Fortner, recruited at a high level. Nell was in no danger of being fired when she stepped down. She could have easily sat back and taken her pay ($680,000) for a couple of years until her contract was up. She is absolutely loved by everyone I know involved with Auburn Women's Basketball and Auburn Athletics. Instead of doing that, Nell stepped down, stating that the program needed someone with the energy to push and develop the players and that she felt that she didn't have the energy and drive that she once had. The program itself was in great shape in terms of academics and talent on the roster.

In comes Terri Williams-Flournoy. Not my first or second choice, but a coach with a good resume as a coach and player. She comes from a basketball family, her brother being Boo Williams. There were several transfers right off the bat due to the change in style of play. However, a core of players remained. Her first two years were respectable, but nothing spectacular. This is year three. The team only has two players left that were recruited to Auburn by Fortner. One of those was Hasina Muhammed and the other is TraCee Tanner, the two best players on the roster. We will likely go winless in the SEC this year and that is unacceptable to say the least,

fanaticka

PostPosted: 02/04/15 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like what I see at Auburn WBB. Most of it is that I do not like the style, which Coach Flournoy likes to play but that is my problem. But it would be nice if they were at least a average sec team with that style and not dvell at the very bottom:/ Maybe her running pressing style with tiny players (and one inherited strong post) is just not gonna cut it in physical SEC. Is there any other team that tries to play like tha in the SEC? I don't get to watch them at all...Coach Flournoy had not recruited a single post player at 6-3 over the three years. She has a roster full of players that barely play. Even though one of the former players told me that coach Fortner in her last two years wasn't very passionate and didn't care much (which is why she probably stepped down), I still think she did a better job:/
I wish the best of luck to the auburn team in future. I just hope something changes;)

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/04/15 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiight. I bet you're going to try to tell us that when the BE sent three teams to the FF, that the SEC was better. For several years before it's demise the BE was plainly the best conference.

When did they ever send three teams to the FF? You must be thinking of the MEN'S tourney. I checked, and that's never happened in the women's, at least not since it's been NCAA.

PostPosted: 02/04/15 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

When did they ever send three teams to the FF? You must be thinking of the MEN'S tourney. I checked, and that's never happened in the women's, at least not since it's been NCAA.

Reading is fundamental. Better "check" again.

Hint. It's after 2012 and before 2014.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: