RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fight Night in Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/15 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all due respect, Georgetown plays in a different conference with a different level of competition.

PostPosted: 02/16/15 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
With all due respect, Georgetown plays in a different conference with a different level of competition.

She had Sugar Rodgers who went on to play in the WNBA and was a top recruit. At Auburn does she have any big recruits? Hard to win when the other teams are getting top recruits and you aren't.

beknighted

PostPosted: 02/16/15 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

When she was coaching Georgetown, the Big East was a much different conference. During that time, the Big East had 24 Sweet 16 teams, 14 Elite 8 teams, 10 Final Four teams (with 4 different teams making the Final Four) and 3 national championships. (I may have missed a team or two in counting, but you get the idea.)

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 02/16/15 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

When she was coaching Georgetown, the Big East was a much different conference. During that time, the Big East had 24 Sweet 16 teams, 14 Elite 8 teams, 10 Final Four teams (with 4 different teams making the Final Four) and 3 national championships. (I may have missed a team or two in counting, but you get the idea.)

Seems like we've had this conversation before. Was it earlier in this thread or was it the coaches on the hot seat thread?

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 02/16/15 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
warladytigers wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:
The article says she was suspended for violating team rules .

Maybe getting in fights and being suspended by the NCAA is against a team rule.

C-Mo sat out her suspension and they published her apology. While this may be related in some way I don't think it's because of the fight. Not only is this a possible blow to her career (overseas or WNBA) it will be interesting to see how this young team responds - we are already at the bottom of the league - can't get much lower.

Had she played any games since the suspension? Sorry, I don't have time to look it up right now.)

I'm not sure which "she" you are referring to. But Hasina Muhammad was dismissed from Auburn on February 1, the day of the 3rd game after Alabama, which would have been the 1st she game was eligible to play and Breanna Hayden played against Arkansas, the 1st game she was eligible to play in.

Yes, that's who I was referring to. Thanks,

Since she didn't play after her suspension - went directly from suspension to dismissed - makes me think that it had something to do with the fight.

Her dismissal had absolutely nothing to do with the fight.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/15 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What did it have to do with? Is anyone saying, or will it be a deep, dark secret forever?

PostPosted: 02/17/15 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
What did it have to do with? Is anyone saying, or will it be a deep, dark secret forever?

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/basketball/women/article_eea7be5e-ac14-11e4-afde-0b6d2ef01558.html

Rumor is that she enjoys a puff or two every now and then of a green organic variety. That could be the case, given that she was suspended at the beginning of last season for the first 3 or 4 games. A suspension for that many games would indicate that it was the 2nd failed test. If she had a 3rd, Athletic Dept policy is to dismiss the student athlete. She is so thin that I can personally understand her need to self medicate. However, rules are rules in that regard.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/15 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/basketball/women/article_eea7be5e-ac14-11e4-afde-0b6d2ef01558.html

Rumor is that she enjoys a puff or two every now and then of a green organic variety. That could be the case, given that she was suspended at the beginning of last season for the first 3 or 4 games. A suspension for that many games would indicate that it was the 2nd failed test. If she had a 3rd, Athletic Dept policy is to dismiss the student athlete. She is so thin that I can personally understand her need to self medicate. However, rules are rules in that regard.

I don't think it's responsible to be spreading that kind of rumor. This board gets a lot of views and she'll probably be trying to get a training camp invite.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
warladytigers

PostPosted: 02/18/15 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a fan who hasn't missed a home game in seven or eight years - I may miss my first one tomorrow night....is soooo hard to watch. Fundamentals have vanished since the beginning of the year - not sure how that happens...!! The team is lost on offense and I wish I had the stats on how many lay-ups we have missed. While the press defense is fun to watch unless we score so we can set it up - it's just time wasted in practice. Flo's first season % scoring - 42.6%, second season - 41.2% - this season to date - 39.6% (which is deceiving since that includes preconference games.) Last outing - 23.7 for the game - 19.4% in the second half. Hard to believe we can win any SEC games shooting like this. The team has lost all confidence.....

As for recruiting - we need to stay in the southeast - great players from Alabama are going out of state and are starters at other schools. We have no one here the likes of Tye Tanner or Hasinna......

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 02/21/15 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I don't think it's responsible to be spreading that kind of rumor. This board gets a lot of views and she'll probably be trying to get a training camp invite.

I think the world of Hasinna, but I'm not the one that got das boot for a "violation of team rules." What I said isn't exactly a secret kept in a vault. There are a limited number of ways to get suspended for a set number of games as a result of a violation of team rules and the next year be dismissed for the same violation of team rules, after which the coach states that it was out of her hands and department policy. The issue is clearly not one of academics, due to her being on track to graduate this semester. What does that leave? You tell me. What I do know for a FACT is that she was not dismissed due to the fight that resulted from her being cowardly sucker slapped by a player on a team coached by Kristi Curry at bama.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 02/21/15 4:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

warladytigers wrote:
As a fan who hasn't missed a home game in seven or eight years - I may miss my first one tomorrow night....is soooo hard to watch. Fundamentals have vanished since the beginning of the year - not sure how that happens...!! The team is lost on offense and I wish I had the stats on how many lay-ups we have missed. While the press defense is fun to watch unless we score so we can set it up - it's just time wasted in practice. Flo's first season % scoring - 42.6%, second season - 41.2% - this season to date - 39.6% (which is deceiving since that includes preconference games.) Last outing - 23.7 for the game - 19.4% in the second half. Hard to believe we can win any SEC games shooting like this. The team has lost all confidence.....

As for recruiting - we need to stay in the southeast - great players from Alabama are going out of state and are starters at other schools. We have no one here the likes of Tye Tanner or Hasinna......

You are spot on in your analysis. Auburn is fortunate to be geographically located within a short drive of hundreds of top tier recruits in Alabama, Georgia and Florida. I'm not against taking a 5 star recruit from Kalamazoo, Michigan like we did the past year, but we have to recruit our footprint as well in order to have sustained success.I expect there to be some stubborn pride within the Athletic Department when decision time comes in the next few weeks. Meredith Jenkins made the recommendation to hire Coach Flo and disregarded many voices that favored another route. There is also the issue of her $550,000.00 salary per year for the next two years. That $1.1 million added onto another $500,000.00 plus for another HC makes the compensation committee's anxiety go thru the roof. I find the financial argument more than a little suspect however, given that we pay the defensive secondary coach on the football team $600,000. I know that football provides the vast majority of the $100 million plus budget, but women's basketball cannot be allowed to keep drifting aimlessly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: