RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Help wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/26/15 6:11 pm    ::: Help wanted Reply Reply with quote

ok fellow bball fanatics, can there really only be six of us who want to do NCAAW fantasy game this year?

It's a fun way to broaden your horizons - get to know and follow players and leagues that you otherwise might know nothing about.

Join us if you feel to. Any questions? Comments? Thoughts? If you don't like the structure of the game, we're open to changes too. http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=85820

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/29/15 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so you all don't seem to be very good at answering help wanted ads. What'sa matter, you're all employed already? Or just afraid? Wink

Anyway, we're going to start our draft Sunday Nov 3 at 3 pm Eastern, (it's going to be a week long draft so you don't have to be there at a specific time) so if you do want to join, time is running out. Be there or be square (gee, does that date me?)

- Amanda Gorman
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 10/29/15 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they're just afraid of what the Cardinal and the Miracles bring to the table. They don't need to have another team with no hope this long and dreary winter on top of the team they root for. Twisted Evil

I kid, but seriously. You could have a fantasy team that is performing really well to entertain you if your team hits the doldrums somehow.

newkid

PostPosted: 10/30/15 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

I kid, but seriously. You could have a fantasy team that is performing really well to entertain you if your team hits the doldrums somehow.

Lord knows, that and Stanford are the only things that got me through Texas's long drought. Take a chance, folks, it's fun!

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 10/30/15 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so you all don't seem to be very good at answering help wanted ads. What'sa matter, you're all employed already? Or just afraid? Wink

Anyway, we're going to start our draft Sunday Nov 3 at 3 pm Eastern, (it's going to be a week long draft so you don't have to be there at a specific time) so if you do want to join, time is running out. Be there or be square (gee, does that date me?)

The fantasy league intrigues me, but I am afraid that I will just be the bottom feeder in the league. I tried fantasy baseball for a couple of seasons and I did horribly. I am also afraid that I won't have the time to devote to the league in order to be worth your guys' time.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 10/30/15 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The fantasy league intrigues me, but I am afraid that I will just be the bottom feeder in the league. I tried fantasy baseball for a couple of seasons and I did horribly. I am also afraid that I won't have the time to devote to the league in order to be worth your guys' time.

Honestly, you won't know until you try. The great thing about the league is that it helps you to learn more about the basketball landscape and to learn about players that you never hear about. (Katie Kuklok of Utah Valley State Anyone? Vicky McIntyre at the beginning of the last season? I'm still annoyed that Myrtle spotted her first.)

There are people who draft players specifically from one conference and just enjoy following the happenings around their conference. This league certainly gives its fair share of smack talk to the newbies but it's also a good place to follow the goings on around the nation. Honestly, before I joined the league the only team that I really followed was Stanford. Last season I followed Youngstown State, Akron, Toledo, St. Mary's (I've kept an eye on them since the days of Danielle Maudlin), and a few other teams.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/30/15 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The first time looks a little overwhelming but once you get into it, the process gets easier. And it is FUN for anyone who loves women's bball.

It's a little different structure than most fantasy games, so you might surprise yourself. But it is true that the first time will probably be a learning experience. I think the hardest thing for newbies is to distinguish between players that are really good or that you really like and players whose stats are the best. So for example if your favorite player gets 20 points a game but also gets 5 turnovers and her % are bad, then she probably will hurt you more than help.

It does take some time, either upfront or as the season goes on. A lot of people do their schedules once a week, but sometimes even a month in advance. Then you just have to decide about injury replacements, or bad performance replacements...though you can just ride the whole season with who you draft.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: