RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/15 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First of all, I haven't seen anything conclusive stating that Cheryl Miller has indeed been hired, only the rumors on here. Secondly, the question has been asked a couple of times now about who the "other names" are and no answers have been forthcoming. Sounds like a lot of smoke being blown.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller is the right hire for UGA,Her name alone will help get recruits to UGA, With the right assistants UGA will be a top name again Wink

PostPosted: 04/01/15 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kansas State has opening ...

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040115aaa.html

cattekin

PostPosted: 04/01/15 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Kansas State has opening ...

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040115aaa.html

My brother — the managing editor at Bring on the Cats, a Kansas St. fan operation — sent me that news, and I thought "Darn, the only WNBA player to hail from Pat Metheny's hometown should stay in basketball".

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 04/01/15 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:
ladydawgs96 wrote:

It is an underwhelming hire, considering the other names that have been mentioned.

You are absolutely right.

Who are "the other names that have been mentioned"?

Abramson-Henderson, Matt Insell, Joni Crenshaw, Schafer, Shea Ralph and of course he stictly conjecture candidates that people want the school to try to go after Goestenkors, Ross, Walz and Freese

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 04/01/15 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
First of all, I haven't seen anything conclusive stating that Cheryl Miller has indeed been hired, only the rumors on here. Secondly, the question has been asked a couple of times now about who the "other names" are and no answers have been forthcoming. Sounds like a lot of smoke being blown.

I only recall it being asked once today and I answered who I heard mentioned when Art asked. if you would've looked back at my edit, you'll notice that I changed it to WOULD BE a poor hire. This rumor about Miller started sometime over the weekend and for the most part has been panned.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I only recall it being asked once today and I answered who I heard mentioned when Art asked. if you would've looked back at my edit, you'll notice that I changed it to WOULD BE a poor hire. This rumor about Miller started sometime over the weekend and for the most part has been panned.

I also asked here yesterday on this thread and have asked on another board. Thundering silence until just now.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AJMMs wrote:
This was a duplicate post and it says I cannot delete my posts in this forum so I just chose to edit. My apologies to the forum.

The best you can do is edit the post, delete the whole text and say it was a double post.

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

I also asked here yesterday on this thread and have asked on another board. Thundering silence until just now.

Sorry, I didn't see your question/ realize it was in response to the Miller stuff. Perhaps if you used the quote function in multi-topic threads you wouldn't be ignored by "thundering silence"

I'm not sure which other board you asked, but on most Georgia boards there are threads about who people want to see hired or who has stopped by to inquire about the job. I know people are interested in who Georgia is going to hire, but I figure that Carla Williams and Greg McGarity will still do some interviewing this weekend in Tampa before making a decision

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Sorry, I didn't see your question/ realize it was in response to the Miller stuff. Perhaps if you used the quote function in multi-topic threads you wouldn't be ignored by "thundering silence"

I'm not sure which other board you asked, but on most Georgia boards there are threads about who people want to see hired or who has stopped by to inquire about the job. I know people are interested in who Georgia is going to hire, but I figure that Carla Williams and Greg McGarity will still do some interviewing this weekend in Tampa before making a decision

What are your thoughts on promoting one of the current assistants or associate head coach?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/15 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I sort of don't see Shea Ralph leaving UConn, and Vic Schaefer is just starting to build his program at Miss. State. Not sure whether Matt Insell could be persuaded to leave Ole Miss either, but maybe. I don't know who Abramson-Henderson is.

PostPosted: 04/01/15 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I sort of don't see Shea Ralph leaving UConn, and Vic Schaefer is just starting to build his program at Miss. State. Not sure whether Matt Insell could be persuaded to leave Ole Miss either, but maybe. I don't know who Abramson-Henderson is.

Per Mike Flynn, Insell was interested. I was talking about Michael Shafer, not Vic. Coach Abrahamson- Henderson is at Albany, played at Georgia and transferred to play for Stringer.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 04/01/15 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Most would agree with you that most of the people on the list will fall off. Information on who the AD is most interested in is scarce, to say the least. I would attribute that to two things. First, this is the first search for a women's basketball coach at UGA in approx 40 years. Add to that the fact that McGarity, the AD, is tight lipped and has only been back at UGA for a few years. I responded with the Cheryl Miller info simply due to my having stumbled across it while reading about another sport. That is why I said to TIFWIW.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/15 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Per Mike Flynn, Insell was interested. I was talking about Michael Shafer, not Vic. Coach Abrahamson- Henderson is at Albany, played at Georgia and transferred to play for Stringer.

Mike Flynn? Pass me the box of salt, please Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/15 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I posted the following on the Andy Landers retirement thread, where tons of names were thrown around:

Quote:
Tell you who I would go after...Coach Abe at Albany. She played 2 years at Georgia and then transferred to finish her career at Iowa due to family things (she's a native of Cedar Rapids). She has been an assistant as well as a head coach at a few different locations and various levels. Her team has now made 4 straight NCAA appearances, almost upsetting Duke yesterday.

I don't know if she'd be interested as she has quite a nice thing going at Albany and is enjoying lots of success. That said, she would be a tremendous hire IMO.

Her Albany bio: http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204932276

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/02/15 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

One would think that someone who transferred from UGA might not be so warmly received. Just saying.

PostPosted: 04/02/15 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

One would think that someone who transferred from UGA might not be so warmly received. Just saying.

It was probably 25 years ago and there were family issues involved. I highly doubt it's a big deal.

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 04/02/15 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

As warmly as someone with the last name Summitt would be received at LaTech, I would imagine. She didn't leave on bad terms.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/02/15 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ladydawgs96 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

As warmly as someone with the last name Summitt would be received at LaTech, I would imagine. She didn't leave on bad terms.

Yeah, I guess it had been awhile. The last time a lot of LA Tech fans had seen Tyler, he was probably a little kid standing on the ladder with his mom Smile And there was actually a pretty warm relationship between Barmore and Pat.

PostPosted: 04/02/15 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assistant opening at Oklahoma State. Who left?

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/03/15 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Miller is the right hire for UGA,Her name alone will help get recruits to UGA, With the right assistants UGA will be a top name again Wink

This is a joke right? She didn't even recruit well at her old schools. What fantasy world are you living in?

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/04/15 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Assistant opening at Oklahoma State. Who left?

I found the answer since Oklahoma State updated their roster. Richard Henderson is no longer on staff. http://www.okstate.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/richard_henderson_407867.html

cattekin

PostPosted: 04/07/15 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
@ASGR1995
Head Coaching job #3 is now open. HC Anthony Levrets University of Utah & PAC 12 has been let go.

Candidates down to three, according to Mike Robinson at Swish Appeal: Hawaii's Laura Beeman, Fresno State's Jaime White, and Pacific's Lynne Roberts.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/4/4/8344627/coaching-search-update-utah-down-to-three-finalists

petrel

PostPosted: 04/07/15 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rice now has a head coach: Tina Langley, associate HC at Maryland.

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040715aaa.html

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/07/15 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good hire by Rice. I know the academic standards are pretty rigid there so hopefully she can be successful in C-USA.

I'm surprised we haven't had any other openings filled yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: