RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 05/30/15 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jannah Tucker
Just wanted to thank Tennessee for all of the love I've gotten these past 2 years of my life! I'm so appreciative for all the support and encouragement I've gotten even after it was announced that I decided to transfer. I've met some really great people and built even greater relationships. I genuinely wish everyone nothing but the best and I'm super excited to continue my growth and create new experiences as a Villanova wildcat!! 💙💙😻

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/03/15 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As per South Dakota State's website, Tonoia Wade transfers from St. John's to SDSU. I guess she wanted to be closer to home- she's from Minnesota.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64552&SPID=7144&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210125642&DB_OEM_ID=15000

Various and sundry Jacks fans out there, you'll like Tonoia. Nice kid, good hustle, works hard on the boards. Can't shoot for shit yet, though.

(now with spelling variations)
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/03/15 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah that's a blow for the Johnnies tho she was very inconsistent, Joe will have to trust Littleton who has more upside IMHO and a returning Udobi.

Dunno if she fits the Wabbits system, but she'll work hard and will bring rebounds and size to that team. And I have a reason to watch the Wabbits other than the Wasckly Wabbits being super fun to watch Smile

PostPosted: 06/04/15 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
Jannah Tucker
Just wanted to thank Tennessee for all of the love I've gotten these past 2 years of my life! I'm so appreciative for all the support and encouragement I've gotten even after it was announced that I decided to transfer. I've met some really great people and built even greater relationships. I genuinely wish everyone nothing but the best and I'm super excited to continue my growth and create new experiences as a Villanova wildcat!! 💙💙😻

Oh my goodness I hate that team, they are one of my least favorites ever and it is because of that coach. I love Tucker, so if they are on TV or WatchESPN I will watch once she is eligible to play.

PostPosted: 06/04/15 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Sophomore 5'8 PG/SG Jessica Washington transferring from UNC.

http://m.goheels.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=210091802&DB_OEM_ID=3350&

@ArmstrongABC11 1h1 hour ago
And I just learned that Jessica Washington has 180k Instagram followers. Holy Moly.

Ever since Skylar Diggins there has been more WBB players who have really used social media to gain major followings. Thing is unlike Skylar who was a star player and had the game to back it up. It must be a weird dynamic when the player has so much popularity but isn't very good. Do her teammates see her as vain or not enjoy all her popularity when she isn't as good as many other players? Does she put her social media presence ahead of the team and her game? I see some other social media favorites also transferring. Chyanne Butler at USC was one too. They actually have huge followings before they play a college game which is a new thing in the digital age.

I think she is a good player, she just really isn't given much time on the court. She makes a mistake then she's taken out of the game, I've been impressed when I've seen her play. She has skills that most guys have, that's another reason she has a lot of male followers. She posts video of her ball handling and shooting and they tell her how good she is, some of the other female players mentioned hardly ever post videos of what they actually do... They get the followers because they show skin (not Diggins) and are decent looking or cute!

PostPosted: 06/06/15 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wright becomes 3rd player to leave Baylor women's team.
WACO, Texas (AP) Guard Imani Wright is leaving Baylor's women's basketball team, becoming the third player with remaining eligibility who won't return next season to the Big 12 champion Lady Bears.

The school announced Wright's departure Friday. She started 31 of Baylor's 37 games last season as a sophomore, when she averaged 9.4 points and 3.2 rebounds a game and made a team-high 43 3-pointers.

Last month, guard Ieshia Small was been granted a release from the program, and Baylor said freshman post player Micayla Buckner was transferring to Collin County Community College.

The Lady Bears finished 33-4 last season, losing to Notre Dame in an NCAA tournament regional final game.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/06/15 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
WACO, Texas (AP) Guard Imani Wright is leaving Baylor's women's basketball team, becoming the third player with remaining eligibility who won't return next season to the Big 12 champion Lady Bears.

The school announced Wright's departure Friday. She started 31 of Baylor's 37 games last season as a sophomore, when she averaged 9.4 points and 3.2 rebounds a game and made a team-high 43 3-pointers.

Last month, guard Ieshia Small was been granted a release from the program, and Baylor said freshman post player Micayla Buckner was transferring to Collin County Community College.

The Lady Bears finished 33-4 last season, losing to Notre Dame in an NCAA tournament regional final game.

Buckner's transfer sounds a little suspicious, like maybe she might be having some academic problems. Small and Wright are both rising juniors, are they not? Doesn't sound like Baylor is such a happy place. At least it was not their happy place.

PostPosted: 06/06/15 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For Wright and Small it is more like moving down the depth chart behind A Jones at the two.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/06/15 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I remember, Small took a long time to commit in the first place. I seem to recall that she was almost the last of her class to commit.

PostPosted: 06/06/15 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:

Buckner's transfer sounds a little suspicious, like maybe she might be having some academic problems. Small and Wright are both rising juniors, are they not? Doesn't sound like Baylor is such a happy place. At least it was not their happy place.

Buckner did not have a grade problem but essentially if she transferred to 4 year school she would have sit out two years without playing.So the family decided the JUCO route.She can play now and then go to a d1 next year

LadyLionsFan

PostPosted: 06/06/15 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I look for Wright to wind up at either Tenneesee or Louisville.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/06/15 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:

Buckner did not have a grade problem but essentially if she transferred to 4 year school she would have sit out two years without playing.So the family decided the JUCO route.She can play now and then go to a d1 next year

Two years? they only need to sit out one year.

PostPosted: 06/07/15 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:

Last year she did not play in a game all year,so it would be full year out.

GEF34

PostPosted: 06/09/15 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:

Last year she did not play in a game all year,so it would be full year out.

Another thing going to a JC allows her do to is go to any division I college she wishes to go to (if they want her of course). If she were to try to transfer to another Division I college now Baylor can restrict where she transfers to and if she wanted to go to another Big 12 school she would have to abide by Big 12 transfer rule, doing the JC route allows her to bypass all of those rules and restrictions. And she can not play at the JC so she still has 3 years of eligibility. I'm not sure why she didn't play this season, but depending on why she could possibly apply for a 6th year and play 4 full years at her new school. (if she didn't play because of the coaches decision then I don't believe she can apply for a 6th season)

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/13/15 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McKenzie Calvert to Kansas.

RockyTopTN

PostPosted: 06/19/15 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UT-Martin star Ashia Jones dismissed from team.

Averaged 23 points and 5 rebounds for UTM. Wonder if she'll look to go a better conference or stay around OVC type conference. I hear South Carolina is open for transfers. Wink

Along with Tiara Caldwell leaving, UTM loses two of their top three rebounders from a season ago. At least Macmillan signed a 6'4 local post player.

[/url]http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2015/06/19/utm-dismisses-womens-basketball-star-ashia-jones/28993341/[/url]

PostPosted: 06/20/15 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another departure from Marquette - Lauren Tibbs is transferring to Bowling Green and will be able to play immediately:

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/524634

That means Marquette will only have two returning players - one who didn't even play much last season and 9 newcomers - 1 juco transfer and 8 true frosh.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/21/15 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

University of Tennessee-Martin has dismissed forward Aisha Jones from the team for "failing to meet the program's standards." Coach Kevin McMillan added Friday that the forward is in good academic standing but did not specify what she did wrong. Jones was OVC Player of the Year last season. It is unclear whether she is still enrolled in school. (I would guess probably not.)

PostPosted: 06/21/15 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Another departure from Marquette - Lauren Tibbs is transferring to Bowling Green and will be able to play immediately:

That means Marquette will only have two returning players - one who didn't even play much last season and 9 newcomers - 1 juco transfer and 8 true frosh.

She should get plenty of playing time at BG...the Falcons had 3 post players suffer season ending injuries the past season., All 3 will be back, although they will be coming off ACL (2 different players) and shoulder surgeries.

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 06/21/15 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio loses a key player from its MAC championship team, as starting PG Kat Yelle has transferred to Bradley. Yelle graduated this spring, but still has a year of eligibility left. She will be immediately eligible as a graduate student at Bradley.

PostPosted: 06/21/15 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Foss wrote:
Ohio loses a key player from its MAC championship team, as starting PG Kat Yelle has transferred to Bradley. Yelle graduated this spring, but still has a year of eligibility left. She will be immediately eligible as a graduate student at Bradley.

Where is Bradley?

PostPosted: 06/21/15 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Joe Foss wrote:

Where is Bradley?

In Peoria, IL, about 150 miles southwest of Chicago. According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
Peoria was named after the Peoria tribe, a member of the Illinois Confederation. The original meaning of the word is uncertain; a recent proposal suggests a derivation from a Proto-Algonquian word meaning "to dream with the help of a manitou".

PostPosted: 06/22/15 3:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
As I remember, Small took a long time to commit in the first place. I seem to recall that she was almost the last of her class to commit.

Yes, I seem to recall that she chose Baylor over South Carolina. Has she chosen another college to go to since leaving Baylor? I haven't heard of any decision being made...

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/23/15 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think that senior post Nariah Taylor is returning to Geo Tech. Ashes originally from Indiana. According to website 'Jackets have only three returning upperclassmen and they've done features on Aaliyah Whiteside, Roddrekka Rogers, and Kat Yukovic all of whom are juniors or seniors. The rest of the roster are for fresh and sophs plus two transfers.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 06/23/15 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

marty wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

She should get plenty of playing time at BG...the Falcons had 3 post players suffer season ending injuries the past season., All 3 will be back, although they will be coming off ACL (2 different players) and shoulder surgeries.

She would have likely gotten plenty of PT at Marquette too as one of the few returning players. And she had the most experience of anyone who was set to return. But it may have been time for a change of scenery and I can't blame her especially since she already has her undergraduate degree and doesn't have to sit out a year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: