RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/15/15 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore 5'8 PG/SG Jessica Washington transferring from UNC.

http://m.goheels.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=210091802&DB_OEM_ID=3350&

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/15/15 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

@ArmstrongABC11 1h1 hour ago
And I just learned that Jessica Washington has 180k Instagram followers. Holy Moly.

Ever since Skylar Diggins there has been more WBB players who have really used social media to gain major followings. Thing is unlike Skylar who was a star player and had the game to back it up. It must be a weird dynamic when the player has so much popularity but isn't very good. Do her teammates see her as vain or not enjoy all her popularity when she isn't as good as many other players? Does she put her social media presence ahead of the team and her game? I see some other social media favorites also transferring. Chyanne Butler at USC was one too. They actually have huge followings before they play a college game which is a new thing in the digital age.

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/15/15 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

And I just learned that Jessica Washington has 180k Instagram followers. Holy Moly.

Ever since Skylar Diggins there has been more WBB players who have really used social media to gain major followings. Thing is unlike Skylar who was a star player and had the game to back it up. It must be a weird dynamic when the player has so much popularity but isn't very good. Do her teammates see her as vain or not enjoy all her popularity when she isn't as good as many other players? Does she put her social media presence ahead of the team and her game? I see some other social media favorites also transferring. Chyanne Butler at USC was one too. They actually have huge followings before they play a college game which is a new thing in the digital age.

You think that's bad? The Gonzalez twins have almost 700k Instagram followers each...

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/15/15 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

You think that's bad? The Gonzalez twins have almost 700k Instagram followers each...

I was just talking about transfers this year but there you go, another example. Those 2 were at Kansas for a year and then left but they probably had more notoriety and fame than any of their teammates even though neither was an important player for them. I think it does impact team chemistry even if people don't want to admit it.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/16/15 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former Virginia now Fordham guard Tiffany Suarez is another one who has a huge Instagram following mainly because of her looks. I agree with Durantula about role players and bench warmers having a huge social media presence does have any effect on team chemistry.

I'm not suprised Jessica Washington left UNC. I follow on her Twitter and she had some issues with her role on the team and some of her teamates. IMO, she was a poor man's Meighan Simmons, and was going to be no more than the fourth scoring option for UNC. She's from Oklahoma so I guess she will end up in a school in the Southwest.

PRballer

PostPosted: 05/16/15 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Former Virginia now Fordham guard Tiffany Suarez is another one who has a huge Instagram following mainly because of her looks. I agree with Durantula about role players and bench warmers having a huge social media presence does have any effect on team chemistry.

I'm not suprised Jessica Washington left UNC. I follow on her Twitter and she had some issues with her role on the team and some of her teamates. IMO, she was a poor man's Meighan Simmons, and was going to be no more than the fourth scoring option for UNC. She's from Oklahoma so I guess she will end up in a school in the Southwest.

The odd thing is that the release says she was seeking more playing time. With Coleman, Rountree and the other senior leaving, that's three guard spots and she only had Jaime Cherry (talented frosh pg) to compete with in terms of returners.

One must then assume with the young guards they had coming in, she saw the writing on the wall.

Too bad. Now that famed Carolina freshman foursome is down to two!

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 05/18/15 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

I don't know about southwest...I mean, Oklahoma is directly below Kansas & Nebraska and borders both Arkansas & Missouri on its' eastern border.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/18/15 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

I don't know about southwest...I mean, Oklahoma is directly below Kansas & Nebraska and borders both Arkansas & Missouri on its' eastern border.

Oklahoma sees itself as pretty much southwest. I think it's mostly cultural, but it tends to ally itself with Texas more than with Arkansas or Kansas. It was late coming into the union (1907) and was Indian country for a long time. It has a western culture and the climate is more like that of the Texas panhandle. Ranching and oil are big there. So yeah, southwest.

PostPosted: 05/18/15 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nevermind...not worth it.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 05/18/15 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amarah Coleman is transferring from Illinois to DePaul. That's a pretty big pickup to go along with Grant. She was a top 100 recruit on Hoopgurlz I believe.

http://www.dailyillini.com/article/2015/05/illinois-womens-basketball-assistant-coach-leaves-program-under-storm-of-accusations

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/19/15 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis out at GA tech http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/051915aaa.html
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/19/15 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Davis out at GA tech http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/051915aaa.html

That's big.

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 05/19/15 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if she'll now be welcomed with open arms in Knoxville, after the rumored heavy parental interference/ involvement there was with her initial recruitment.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 05/19/15 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:

Wonder if she'll now be welcomed with open arms in Knoxville, after the rumored heavy parental interference/ involvement there was with her initial recruitment.

I highly doubt Davis transfers to Tennessee.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/19/15 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:

I would hazard a guess that the answer to that would be a hearty HELL NO. UGA is welcome to her if they can put up with Mommy Dearest.

PostPosted: 05/20/15 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis quit on her high school team and she now quit on Georgia Tech.

She's got talent, no doubt, and maybe this decision is more mature than it appears on the outside. If she gets it all together, she'll help a program, but her history suggests she might not be quite as good as advertised.

PostPosted: 05/20/15 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Davis quit on her high school team and she now quit on Georgia Tech.

She's got talent, no doubt, and maybe this decision is more mature than it appears on the outside. If she gets it all together, she'll help a program, but her history suggests she might not be quite as good as advertised.

I don't think it's Kaela so much as the influence of her crazy family, specifically her mommy, that makes coaches wary. And IMNSHO with good reason. That woman seems to have raised Kaela to think that when things don't go her way, she should just quit and go somewhere else. The woman is certifiable.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon: 5-5 guard Drea Toler transferring from program ( Emerald Media) http://t.co/UeHtuNPfq3

Howee

PostPosted: 05/25/15 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

As one who does not follow (or otherwise indulge in) Instagram, what the hell is gained by this? Is there anything of real consequence, beyond being a more popular figure than someone who has 300K or 100K or just 20 followers?

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw something about Lexie Brown now transferring from Maryland. Hmmmmm is Georgia gonna land these two transfers? I thought Kentucky would be in the running for Davis. Interesting...

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/26/8659941/lexie-brown-asks-for-release-from-maryland

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/26/15 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jannah Tucker is leaving Tennessee. Sounds like she is going somewhere closer to home. http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/jannah-tucker-to-transfer-from-lady-vols_99437629

PostPosted: 05/26/15 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan Jones has decided to graduate and not use her 5th year of eligibility at FSU to pursue other opportunities.

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/26/15 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:
Morgan Jones has decided to graduate and not use her 5th year of eligibility at FSU to pursue other opportunities.

Do you know how many players join FSU next year, and is it just freshmen or do they have any transfers coming in?

noleman

PostPosted: 05/26/15 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
noleman wrote:

Do you know how many players join FSU next year, and is it just freshmen or do they have any transfers coming in?

Two Freshman (PG & W/F). Will give them a total of 10 players for next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 17 of 24

Jump to: