RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/20/15 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Article on Kady Schrann, a senior transfer from Vandy who is sitting out a year at FGCU.

http://www.news-press.com/story/sports/college/fgcu/2014/07/06/fgcu-gives-vandy-transfer-schrann-fresh-start/12265613/

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/20/15 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some bits from Twitter

Chanise Baldwin Providence College to Eastern Michigan (graduate transfer)

Jacqui Grant from Illinois to DePaul

Taylor Gleason from Illinois to ?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/20/15 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grant leaving Illinois is a blow for Bollant.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/20/15 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Wasn't she a starter and played a lot of minutes? Helps to have a true center like White there too so teams can't just focus on her.

There are so many transfers now, its hard to even put it on a coach. Like anywhere from 2-3 transfers per team seems nothing unusual now a days. In fact if a team doesn't have someone transfer I'm a little surprised, unless its at the super elite academic schools.

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/21/15 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Did not see the Grant transfer coming. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/21/15 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Wasn't she a starter and played a lot of minutes? Helps to have a true center like White there too so teams can't just focus on her.

There are so many transfers now, its hard to even put it on a coach. Like anywhere from 2-3 transfers per team seems nothing unusual now a days. In fact if a team doesn't have someone transfer I'm a little surprised, unless its at the super elite academic schools.

Yes. According to this article, it was a complete surprise to Bollant.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/recruiting/2015-03-20/grants-move-surprises-illini.html

“I met with her probably 20 times one-on-one throughout the year,” Bollant said on Friday, “and not one time did she seem frustrated.”

Grant informed Bollant of her decision to transfer in their end-of-the-season meeting. She finished this past season as Illinois’ fourth-leading scorer at 9.5 points per game and second-leading rebounder at 6.8 per game.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/23/15 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another release from Minnesota. Tory Jacobs from Irving Texas will be leaving the Gophers.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/24/15 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#5 from Minnesota, Stabresa McDaniel.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27777038/two-more-players-leaving-gophers-womens-basketball-team

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/24/15 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27777038/two-more-players-leaving-gophers-womens-basketball-team

OK, who's coming IN?

PostPosted: 03/24/15 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

OK, who's coming IN?

There's a Canadian guard ranked 86th by HoopGurlz - Danielle Garven (a tall guard - she's listed at 6'1") - and two juco transfers - Keyondra Jenkins (5'6" guard) and Kynadi Johnson. So far as I can tell, that's it so far.

By the way, it looks like all the players who are leaving already have been removed from the roster on the Gophers' site. Pretty cold, considering they actually all played on the team this year.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/24/15 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

OK, who's coming IN?

There's a Canadian guard ranked 86th by HoopGurlz - Danielle Garven (a tall guard - she's listed at 6'1") - and two juco transfers - Keyondra Jenkins (5'6" guard) and Kynadi Johnson. So far as I can tell, that's it so far.

By the way, it looks like all the players who are leaving already have been removed from the roster on the Gophers' site. Pretty cold, considering they actually all played on the team this year.

Allina Starr, transfer from Auburn.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GEF34

PostPosted: 03/24/15 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

OK, who's coming IN?

Isn't that how it is usually done though. Once the transfer is announced they player is removed, sometimes stats are even removed from the stats page. Vanderbilt has removed the 3 players that have announced their transfer from their roster page on the Vanderbilt website.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/25/15 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

OK, who's coming IN?

Isn't that how it is usually done though. Once the transfer is announced they player is removed, sometimes stats are even removed from the stats page. Vanderbilt has removed the 3 players that have announced their transfer from their roster page on the Vanderbilt website.

Maybe it is the norm, but the roster page says it's the 14-15 team, and they certainly played on that team, so it seems obnoxious to me.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/25/15 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Maybe it is the norm, but the roster page says it's the 14-15 team, and they certainly played on that team, so it seems obnoxious to me.

The Indiana WBB roster page shows the same thing: "2014-15 Roster" without any of the recent transfers listed.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/26/15 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

OK, who's coming IN?

I believe they also do that with coaches when they leave. They will either have the "head coach" spot blank or have the new head coach's name under head coach.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/26/15 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penn State: Jenny DeGraaf

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 03/26/15 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kenisha Bell is transfering from Marquette.

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/26/15 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:

Along with Tia Elbert and Hannah Grim.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/26/15 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Someone go find Marquette Fan and keep them away from the sharp objects.

PostPosted: 03/26/15 1:04 pm    ::: Three Murfreesboro players Reply Reply with quote

Three players from Murfreesboro prep hoops are transferring:
Shelbie Davenport (Fr)--Clemson
Tiffany Lewis (So)--Clemson
Emily Eubank (Fr)--Lipscomb

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/26/15 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
gopher5 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Someone go find Marquette Fan and keep them away from the sharp objects.

I just found out about this. And I thought this season was awful to suffer through - wow!!!!!

I kind of thought Bell might leave which would have been hard enough but losing Elbert and Grimm also makes this even worse.

They lost a lot of season ticket holders after firing Mitchell - I wouldn't be surprised if they lose quite a few more now.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/26/15 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I just figured out there are now all of 3 returning players on Marquette's roster as of now - yikes! They will have RS Senior Lauren Tibbs, Junior McKayla Yentz (who has not played much in her first two seasons) and Sophomore Shantelle Valentine.

Oh and Marquette did the same thing with their roster - lists the 2014-15 roster but they removed the 3 players who are transferring. They still list the 4 graduating seniors though. They had a player leave mid-season that they never even announced was leaving - I figured it out b/c she wasn't on the bench any more and her bio was finally removed from the website. So that's actually 4 players who have left MU after this season. The one who left mid-season redshirted last season with injury and wasn't able to play this season - not sure if she's going to try to play somewhere else or not.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/26/15 4:41 pm    ::: Re: Three Murfreesboro players Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
Three players from Murfreesboro prep hoops are transferring:
Shelbie Davenport (Fr)--Clemson
Tiffany Lewis (So)--Clemson
Emily Eubank (Fr)--Lipscomb

Those two Clemson players were their 3rd and 4th leading scorers playing almost 30 minutes a game? I don't get these transfers anymore. Maybe they are just copying the boys where the transfer number is outrageous and growing each year and they just think its cool to look around? Clemson was already bad and their best player is a senior so the Audra Smith era is not getting off to a smooth start.

Eubank started every single game and played 30 minutes a night.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/26/15 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Houston has three transferring as well.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/26/15 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Houston has three transferring as well.

They added a transfer too, Chyanne Butler from USC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 9 of 24

Jump to: