RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/10/15 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
HoopsQueen wrote:
Agree with you, if the video of the practice fight that supposedly prompted the Calhoun transfer goes public the administration will have to take action.

Why would the administration have to take action? There have been fights in practices in all sports...hell, I witnessed a couple during my days. While it's not common, it's also not something that has no precedent either. Unless this fight has some undercurrent or other issue to it (racial, sexual orientation, etc), then I don't see why the admin would have to be involved in any way as it would be an internal matter amongst the team. Now if something else was involved, I can see why the admin would need to step in.

Well, rAf has alluded to emotional and psychological abuse, and that has caused the firing of coaches at other institutions. Oakland and BU come immediately to mind, but no place as big as Duke.

True...but that isn't what HQ was just talking about. A fight in practice was specifically mentioned. That in and of itself wouldn't necessarily mean the admin would have to jump in. What you have brought up is another issue entirely.

HQ inferred (at least in my opinion), that it was a coach vs. player, which should get the administrator's attention.

This needs to be put to rest. As far as I know there has not been any physical fights between players and coaches at Duke. I have pretty good sources and this has not come up AT ALL.

That being said, there are other issues that would require action by Duke admin. Don't ask me for details. The people with the details will share them and either everyone will know or action will be taken to prevent that from happening. I hope that everyone with a story to tell has the courage to step up and tell the truth to those who need to know. I'm sickened by what I know and want it to stop. Now.

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/11/15 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meanwhile, trending back towards the original topic, it looks like Taya Reimer is not transferring after all.

PostPosted: 01/11/15 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Meanwhile, trending back towards the original topic, it looks like Taya Reimer is not transferring after all.

Or never was -

"@PeteByrneWSBT: Muffet cites concern for Taya's well-being trumping need to have her in a game, tells me at no point did Reimer talk to her about a transfer"

"@PeteByrneWSBT: Muffet had private meeting with Reimer on Monday. Tells me it was her own idea to give Reimer some time off."

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/12/15 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ASGR1995: Jasmine Lumpkin 6-0 WF from Joliet Catholic HS IL is transferring from Michigan State. Has her release. AAU Bolingbrook Panthers & Mac Irvin

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/12/15 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple from Hoopfeed's Twitter feed:

Chania Ray transferred to West Virginia after spending the fall semester at Florida State.

Clemson freshman Daneesha Provo left Clemson - not looking to transfer and moved home to Canada

stever

PostPosted: 01/13/15 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
@ASGR1995: Jasmine Lumpkin 6-0 WF from Joliet Catholic HS IL is transferring from Michigan State. Has her release. AAU Bolingbrook Panthers & Mac Irvin

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/2015/01/13/jasmine-lumpkin-leaves-michigan-state-womens-basketball/21695339/
Quote:
The 6-foot Lumpkin, who is from Bolingbrook, Ill., started 14 of the 15 games she appeared in this season for the Spartans.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/13/15 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/2015/01/13/jasmine-lumpkin-leaves-michigan-state-womens-basketball/21695339/
Quote:
The 6-foot Lumpkin, who is from Bolingbrook, Ill., started 14 of the 15 games she appeared in this season for the Spartans.

Tough, tough loss for Suzy.

Great, great addition for Gary Blair.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/14/15 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allina Starr (sophomore) reportedly transferring from Auburn to Minnesota. She will be eligible 2nd semester next year.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/14/15 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Allina Starr (sophomore) reportedly transferring from Auburn to Minnesota. She will be eligible 2nd semester next year.

Is that like early January?

Stollings getting players to defect. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/14/15 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Yeah I don't see her in any of the Auburn box scores so not sure what she was doing fall semester... or if she was suspended.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/14/15 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Shades wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Yeah I don't see her in any of the Auburn box scores so not sure what she was doing fall semester... or if she was suspended.

She's from Minneapolis. She's going home. She averaged like 14 minutes and 1 ppg last year, and evidently did not play at all in the fall. I don't know why.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/20/15 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From TwinCities.com:

Gophers forward Jackie Johnson was not on the bench for Sunday's game and intends to transfer, the school announced. Johnson tore her ACL last season and has not played for Minnesota this season. "She felt it was in her best interest," Stollings said. "We wish her well and we're going to help her with the process."

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/20/15 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
From TwinCities.com:

Gophers forward Jackie Johnson was not on the bench for Sunday's game and intends to transfer, the school announced. Johnson tore her ACL last season and has not played for Minnesota this season. "She felt it was in her best interest," Stollings said. "We wish her well and we're going to help her with the process."

I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson go D2 route. Lots of those programs in Minnesota. That way she could play and still be close to home.

OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 01/21/15 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While looking up the Gophers roster with the news of the addition of Allina Starr and transfer out of Jackie Johnson I noticed that freshman Rangie Bessard is also no longer listed on the roster. Does anyone have info on that?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/21/15 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OtterlyAmused wrote:
While looking up the Gophers roster with the news of the addition of Allina Starr and transfer out of Jackie Johnson I noticed that freshman Rangie Bessard is also no longer listed on the roster. Does anyone have info on that?

Hmmm. I looked at the Minnesota forum and saw nothing there about a transfer, but it looks like the last game she played would have put her at the end of the fall semester eligibility. As of last week, the posters were still talking about where she would fit in next year.

Would that make room for a Banham return? I saw some debate on whether or not there would be enough roster spots for Rachel to come back for year 5.

Shades will be the one to answer, I think.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/23/15 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@hoopfeed: Wichita State: Transfer from Minnesota, 6-0 forward Rangie Bessard, joins program http://t.co/4J8MHZn04S #ncaaw

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/29/15 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gary Blair on the transfer of Lumpkin to A&M..

http://texags.com/s/15938/gary-blair-details-transfer-of-michigan-state-gf-jasmine-lumpkin

Quote:

On how Lumpkin's transfer occured...
“She dropped into our lap. A lot of it was due to her getting homesick for her parents, and her parents had moved to Houston because of her mom’s health. She needed to be in a warmer climate to treat the issues she had, so they chose Houston. We were the first top 25 school that was close to her.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/29/15 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just love this quote from Blair:

Quote:

On what Lumpkin needs to improve on before playing next season...
“She just needs to learn how to say ‘y’all’, how to eat chicken fried steak and Mexican food. She just needs to be a freshman and enjoy the time. She’ll have time to concentrate on her grades. She can’t travel with us, so while she’s at home she can get a lot of time in and be working on her individual strengths and get ahead in academics.”

- Amanda Gorman
dinkytown

PostPosted: 02/13/15 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple Minnesota transfers announced their new schools:

Jackie Johnson - Loyola Marymount
Grace Coughlin - North Dakota

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/11/15 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was in the B1G thread, but I thought I'd include it here for the list.

Indiana:
Taylor Agler
Maura Muensterman

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/11/15 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Caron-Goudreau twins are leaving Vandy, destination unannounced. This is going to hurt.
http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/031015aaa.html

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/11/15 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Caron-Goudreau twins are leaving Vandy, destination unannounced. This is going to hurt.

Won't hurt any feelings in Knoxville in the least!

PostPosted: 03/12/15 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

What are peoples thoughts on them, they were mentioned in the Canada National Team thread in the WNBA section. Are they that good, or have that bright of a future that they will become fixtures in the Canadian National Team program.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/12/15 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll try and update the first post in the thread this weekend

The CG twins were the 4th players to transfer out of Vandy since last summer. Speculation is that for all their height, they really wanted to be perimeter players. Not certain of their role with Team Canada. They did their final prep year in Florida and originally had verbaled to GG when she was at Texas but when Aston took over, All parties went their own way.

ball4life

PostPosted: 03/12/15 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
I'll try and update the first post in the thread this weekend

The CG twins were the 4th players to transfer out of Vandy since last summer. Speculation is that for all their height, they really wanted to be perimeter players. Not certain of their role with Team Canada. They did their final prep year in Florida and originally had verbaled to GG when she was at Texas but when Aston took over, All parties went their own way.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 7 of 24

Jump to: