RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-2015 Transfers and other departures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ball4life

PostPosted: 04/20/15 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would say outgoing. Paperwork not done so PM.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/20/15 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ksuwbbfan wrote:
This thread is from a WSU board. These people would be happy to see Adams leave. But, as was posted in the Coaching Movement thread, it looks like it won't be to Kansas.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?20139-Four-to-leave-women-s-program

It doesn't matter where you are, there are always people screaming for the coach's head. It also doesn't matter how successful the coach is. There are those who will always find reasons to hate the coach..."She's too tough/not tough enough; she's not so-and-so; she didn't get us to the NCAA/the Sweet Sixteen/Elite 8/FF; she doesn't recruit right; she's too butch; she doesn't comb her hair the right way; and most importantly, she's not from HERE!"

And that's why I don't frequent homer boards. Ugh.

I read all of the posts yesterday. If it's 17 or 19 players who have left in 6 seasons, that's pretty drastic. Granted, as a new coach, you're not going to keep them all, but around year 3 some stability needs to be established. Either she's not recruiting the right players for her style, or she's making them miserable no matter who they are.

newkid

PostPosted: 04/20/15 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
Soph F Nekia Jones leaving Texas.
http://kxan.com/2015/04/17/nekia-jones-to-transfer-from-texas/

Per her twitter, following Coach Jalie Mitchell to North Texas.

noleman

PostPosted: 04/20/15 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ball4life wrote:

?

ball4life

PostPosted: 04/20/15 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:
ball4life wrote:

?

PM means private message, it's a feature when you click on the persons name where you can send a message without posting on the board.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/21/15 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter report that Northwestern freshman guard Alexis Glasgow is transferring to Penn.

dtrain34

PostPosted: 04/21/15 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
I don't know if this has any relation to what happened, but I wondered if her recruiting pipeline didn't really match up with the players who might come to UCSB - she was recruiting top-level national players at Rutgers, and at UCSB the pool was not at that level and probably needed to be very California focused.

I know of one out of state player, leading scorer this season as a junior for an NCAA tournament team, said by her coach to be an all-time great at the school, whose very first recruiting phone contact was from a Lindsay Gottlieb UCSB assistant at 7 a.m. on the first allowable day after reams of mail had come in the preceding months. Intense recruitment followed and the Gauchos were in strong consideration but when Gottlieb went to Cal the new staff dropped this player.

There was a token phone call or two and vague talk of an official visit, but then the Gauchos faded from the picture. A 3-Star, not one of the "usual suspects" in the recruiting gossip but higher ranked -- and ultimately more productive at her school -- than most of Mitchell's signees.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/22/15 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtrain34 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
I don't know if this has any relation to what happened, but I wondered if her recruiting pipeline didn't really match up with the players who might come to UCSB - she was recruiting top-level national players at Rutgers, and at UCSB the pool was not at that level and probably needed to be very California focused.

I know of one out of state player, leading scorer this season as a junior for an NCAA tournament team, said by her coach to be an all-time great at the school, whose very first recruiting phone contact was from a Lindsay Gottlieb UCSB assistant at 7 a.m. on the first allowable day after reams of mail had come in the preceding months. Intense recruitment followed and the Gauchos were in strong consideration but when Gottlieb went to Cal the new staff dropped this player.

There was a token phone call or two and vague talk of an official visit, but then the Gauchos faded from the picture. A 3-Star, not one of the "usual suspects" in the recruiting gossip but higher ranked -- and ultimately more productive at her school -- than most of Mitchell's signees.

My feeling was Mitchell just didn't work very hard on creating West Coast connections. She did get to live in Santa Barbara for four years, and maybe success didn't really matter that much to her.

It's sad, really, because it's very possible to win at UCSB, though not necessarily easy.

PostPosted: 04/22/15 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
dtrain34 wrote:
beknighted wrote:

My feeling was Mitchell just didn't work very hard on creating West Coast connections. She did get to live in Santa Barbara for four years, and maybe success didn't really matter that much to her.

It's sad, really, because it's very possible to win at UCSB, though not necessarily easy.

From what I know of Carlene Mitchell, success matters very much to her, but I would agree that if she didn't work hard on creating West Coast connections.

colt13

PostPosted: 04/22/15 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Adams thing is interesting to me. You have a player in Harden that got drafted. The last 5 years, their win total has been 17-20-24-26-29. Program seems to be doing the right things. Wonder what is up behind the scenes.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/22/15 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

colt13 wrote:
The Adams thing is interesting to me. You have a player in Harden that got drafted. The last 5 years, their win total has been 17-20-24-26-29. Program seems to be doing the right things. Wonder what is up behind the scenes.

She coaches too much like her own coach and her mid-major players find the Summitt way "too intrusive and demanding"? (Because it demands certain off-court behaviors as well as on-court standards) /snark

PostPosted: 04/23/15 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting turn of events in Wichita. And that fan board link was an eye-opener. I've only followed the steady rise of Wichita State's program over the last few years by the numbers alone (w/l, etc.). I didn't realize Adams was so controversial.

summertime blues wrote:
colt13 wrote:

She coaches too much like her own coach and her mid-major players find the Summitt way "too intrusive and demanding"? (Because it demands certain off-court behaviors as well as on-court standards) /snark

I don't buy THAT at all....Pat Summit may have been tough/demanding/whatever, but she was beloved by her players. I'm thinking your analysis (judgment?) here is a way off--unless you actually KNOW the "off-court behaviors and on-court standards" were a determining factor for these defecting players.

The sheer numbers don't reflect well on Jody, and it's not fair to prejudge that, just because a player is on Pat's *tree*, she's automatically a good coach.

PostPosted: 04/23/15 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Interesting turn of events in Wichita. And that fan board link was an eye-opener. I've only followed the steady rise of Wichita State's program over the last few years by the numbers alone (w/l, etc.). I didn't realize Adams was so controversial.

summertime blues wrote:
colt13 wrote:

I don't buy THAT at all....Pat Summit may have been tough/demanding/whatever, but she was beloved by her players. I'm thinking your analysis (judgment?) here is a way off--unless you actually KNOW the "off-court behaviors and on-court standards" were a determining factor for these defecting players.

The sheer numbers don't reflect well on Jody, and it's not fair to prejudge that, just because a player is on Pat's *tree*, she's automatically a good coach.

Hey, it was merely a suggestion. But you do know that Pat's whole program includes things like no cutting class, sit in the first 3 rows in class, no hats in class, saying yes sir and yes ma'am to your instructors, etc. There are a bunch of things not having to do with basketball that SOME players may take exception to. And I didn't say it was so, I merely made a snarky comment and I don't know how to make THAT any more clear than by adding "/snark" at the end of it.......which you apparently missed. Come on, Howee.....

PostPosted: 04/23/15 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
And I didn't say it was so, I merely made a snarky comment and I don't know how to make THAT any more clear than by adding "/snark" at the end of it.......which you apparently missed. Come on, Howee.....

Laughing Well, I DID see that, but....I thought you were directing *snark* towards the Wichita players for not being diligent enough. (Which I really didn't think was your style).

Anyhoo....yeah, there's any number of factors that play into this, but I hope it doesn't set a growing program like Wichita's back too much.

PostPosted: 04/23/15 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke could dump $100 million into the women's program and it would never threaten or compete against K's men's version in any way. There's really not that big of a fan base for women's basketball at Duke, UNC or NC State.

ksuwbbfan

PostPosted: 04/24/15 4:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More on the situation at Wichita State.

http://ksn.com/2015/04/23/allegations-swirling-regarding-wsu-womens-basketball-coach/

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article19355382.html

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/24/15 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mitchell should have hired a local with club connections or pulled a McGuff Wink

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/24/15 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ksuwbbfan wrote:

http://ksn.com/2015/04/23/allegations-swirling-regarding-wsu-womens-basketball-coach/

When starters leave, that carries a bit more weight.

But then again, she wins; is that more important than having a higher than usual percentage of unhappy players?

PostPosted: 04/24/15 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas A&M Kingsville's First year women's basketball coach has cleaned the roster out of all but four players following a winless season.

http://www.southtexannews.com/sports/10153-womens-basketball-cleans-house/

Howee

PostPosted: 04/24/15 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ksuwbbfan wrote:

When starters leave, that carries a bit more weight.

But then again, she wins; is that more important than having a higher than usual percentage of unhappy players?

This is a bit parallel to the paradox at Duke: Good Players producing winning seasons, NCAA tourney runs, etc., but....the coach is apparently a head case. Wichita, of course, doesn't draw the top tier of talent Duke does, and is still setting records of their own. Odd. But in these cases, I can't help believe the kids *know* much more than is revealed. Deb Patterson & Co. comes to mind-- Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 04/24/15 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paris Kea is transferring to UNC.

joetro

PostPosted: 04/24/15 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised about Jones and Texas. Seemed to be a popular player who fit in very well when she was healthy.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/25/15 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
I'm surprised about Jones and Texas. Seemed to be a popular player who fit in very well when she was healthy.

True, but if, as mentioned above, she's got a close tie to a coach that's moving to another school, ANDDDD....she can be a Bigger Fish in a Smaller Pond at that school....maybe it's not all that surprising.

PostPosted: 04/25/15 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:

Lilley Vander Zee also left the Horns team and is going Division II. Another popular player but Talent wise, not up to the level of recruit that Texas was bringing in. Then it becomes a question of do they want playing time.

icey23

PostPosted: 04/25/15 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU got a transfer from NC State
Chloe Jackson another guard sigh We need post players Nikki!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24

Jump to: