RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP Poll out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/08/14 12:19 pm    ::: AP Poll out Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/1/week/5/seasontype/2

South Carolina still #1

UConn up to #2

Kentucky up to #8

California down to #18

Arkansas out

PostPosted: 12/08/14 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems strange to me that both Notre Dame and Louisville split their weeks against two ranked teams and got dropped three places. Nebraska beat one ranked team and lost to an unranked one and managed to stay in the same ranking.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/08/14 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND dropping 3 seems slightly harsh, but at the same time 8-0 UNC probably deserves the #5 spot more.

I'm skeptical of TAMU at #4, but they are 9-0 and it doesn't look like they'll be stopped from becoming 11-0.

Stanford doesn't play last week but rises 1.

Kentucky rising 5 spots too generous for a comeback win over Louisville.

Tennessee rising 3 spots for victories over St Francis and Lipscomb too generous.

Beating an EWill-less Duke club but losing to Alabama isn't a wash. Neb should have dropped a couple.

Considering all their misfortunes, it's kinda harsh to drop Duke 4 spots to unlucky #13, but they are the highest ranked 3-loss team.

Maryland gets killed by ND but beating Towson raises their ranking 1 from last week? Might be the biggest injustice of the week.

Georgia is the first team to 10-0 and their last victory was over Michigan St. Might deserve a little more respect.

Rutgers only rises 1 for getting edged by UNC but winning at AR. They deserve more respect....probably more than Maryland and Nebraska.

I'm a Cali fan this year so maybe I'm partial. They did get killed at Kansas...one of those games nothing goes right. Brutal drop of 8.

OSU 5+ rise for a win over AR Pine Bluff? Confused

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/08/14 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/08/14 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's was fun while it lasted. Hopefully, the 'Backs can make it back in there.
beknighted

PostPosted: 12/08/14 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Georgia is the first team to 10-0 and their last victory was over Michigan St. Might deserve a little more respect.

Rutgers only rises 1 for getting edged by UNC but winning at AR. They deserve more respect....probably more than Maryland and Nebraska.

Georgia jumped 3 spots, which is pretty good for beating a team ranked close to you at home, so I'm not sure they're in a position to complain.

A lot of RU fans are disappointed by moving up just 1, but a loss is still a loss, even in double OT to the 6th-ranked team, so I wasn't really surprised.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/08/14 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Shades wrote:

Georgia jumped 3 spots, which is pretty good for beating a team ranked close to you at home, so I'm not sure they're in a position to complain.

A lot of RU fans are disappointed by moving up just 1, but a loss is still a loss, even in double OT to the 6th-ranked team, so I wasn't really surprised.

It might help to point out what you were surprised by to illustrate your capacity to be surprised.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 12/08/14 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="beknighted"]
Shades wrote:

The SK's only need to not stumble at Temple and then knock off Tenn next Sunday to get some love. I watched the UNC & Ark games and they look as good as I've seen since the EPP days. In fact, a lot better offensively.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/08/14 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
beknighted wrote:
Shades wrote:

It might help to point out what you were surprised by to illustrate your capacity to be surprised.

Seems pretty clear to me that only moving up one spot is not surprising after a loss. Yet, it is very significant that it took 2 overtimes for a top 5 squad to prevail over Rutgers, which might have warranted moving up even further. If Rutgers keeps winning, they will deserve to be moved closer to UNC.

~rAf
beknighted

PostPosted: 12/08/14 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
beknighted wrote:
Shades wrote:

I work in Washington, DC, so my capacity to be surprised is somewhat limited, as is my capacity to be disappointed. Also I've been watching the polls for a long time, so again very little surprises me any more.

beknighted

PostPosted: 12/08/14 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
beknighted wrote:
Shades wrote:

The SK's only need to not stumble at Temple and then knock off Tenn next Sunday to get some love. I watched the UNC & Ark games and they look as good as I've seen since the EPP days. In fact, a lot better offensively.

I think that's right, on both counts.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/08/14 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ND dropping 3 seems slightly harsh, but at the same time 8-0 UNC probably deserves the #5 spot more.

I don't mind it because:

1. ND has plenty of time and opportunity to rise higher eventually. It's only December and there are a lot more games to be played.

2. Polls aren't really that important in Basketball anyway (this isn't sour grapes. I said the same thing when ND was #1 in the Coaches' Poll). All I care about is ND getting a #1 seed in the NCAAs.

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 12/08/14 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke didnt get crushed even with their tough week. Liz Williams is so good.

13 isn't bad with 3 early losses.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: