RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Complaint against Geno re Mone Davis came from SEC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorro

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:59 pm    ::: Complaint against Geno re Mone Davis came from SEC Reply Reply with quote

John Altavilla is reporting that "multiple sources" have confirmed that the pissant complaint re Geno's congratulatory phone call to Mone Davis was filed by the SEC on behalf of a yet unnamed SEC school. Anyone care to guess which school that might have been?

pilight

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one that also has a coach from Philly would be my guess

PostPosted: 11/29/14 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That would seem to be really out of character for her.

PostPosted: 11/29/14 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Seems odd to me that it would be her as well. I would assume that Geno and Dawn would have a pretty decent relationship with her being one of his assistants on the National Team.

My guess is Matthew Mitchell at Kentucky.

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/29/14 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Seems odd to me that it would be her as well. I would assume that Geno and Dawn would have a pretty decent relationship with her being one of his assistants on the National Team.

My guess is Matthew Mitchell at Kentucky.

At least we know Tennessee has no reason to hold a grudge ...

PostPosted: 11/29/14 8:25 pm    ::: Sources Say Complaint Came From Vanderbilt Reply Reply with quote

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-uconn-women-notebook-1130-20141129-story.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/29/14 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yea! We get to do this...again.......... Rolling Eyes

FS02

PostPosted: 11/29/14 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Much ado about nothing.

She's 13.... there's no guarantee she'll even be good enough to play for UConn.

PostPosted: 11/30/14 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at Geno's press conference after the Vanderbilt game. Geno was asked by a (non-UConn beat) reporter if it was true that Vanderbilt filed the Mone Davis complaint and, if so, whether that was one reason that UConn played so well against Vanderbilt.

Geno scoffed at the idea that his players know anything about the issue and that it could have affected the game in any way. He clearly didn't like the question about Vanderbilt being the source of the complaint, but he stated about three times that he "doubted" it was Vanderbilt.
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/30/14 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the play-by-play guy, Auriemma and Balcomb had a "moment" together. Couldn't see their faces, and the whole interaction was not shown so we don't know the nature of the exchange.

Maybe it went something like this:

Melanie: You rat bastard -- follow the rules!
Geno: Hey, do we really need a 13 year old to kick your ass?

PostPosted: 11/30/14 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that I've thought about it some more, maybe it's not about Mone Davis. Maybe Balcomb is just jealous that Geno hired Jasmine Lister as a graduate assistant. That's her girl - what's she doing with Geno? So, Melanie lashes out in another way. It's what actors call subtext. Wink

PostPosted: 11/30/14 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone tell the SEC coaches about that glass house thing?

PostPosted: 12/01/14 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this different than the one that was said to be reported by an AAC school a couple of months ago? Or was there is misunderstanding in the thread below.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=81837&highlight=davis

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 12/01/14 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Did anyone tell the SEC coaches about that glass house thing?

I didn't see anywhere in that article that a coach filed the original complaint . Couldn't a fan have filed a complaint with the SEC ? Maybe it was a Tennessee fan pretending to be a Vanderbilt fan (lol) ? Where is Art Best when you need him ? I want the page number and rule number on who can file a complaint . Of course, the SEC office made the decision to follow through with it .

Beemer

PostPosted: 12/01/14 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
According to the play-by-play guy, Auriemma and Balcomb had a "moment" together. Couldn't see their faces, and the whole interaction was not shown so we don't know the nature of the exchange.

Maybe it went something like this:

Melanie: You rat bastard -- follow the rules!
Geno: Hey, do we really need a 13 year old to kick your ass?

Thanks for the laugh. I can hear Geno saying that now Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 12/01/14 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, if Balcomb replaces Warlick, things could get interesting...

PostPosted: 12/02/14 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

I suspect that would happen when genetic engineering produces pigs with wings.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Or when excessive carbon emissions actually cause even Hell to freeze over.

Phil

PostPosted: 12/03/14 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
bullsky wrote:

I'm listening to a book on the origins of the earth, and just yesterday, they covered a period in history when high levels of greenhouse gases actually contributed to a freezing of the earth, so you may be on to something.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 12/03/14 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Careful now . From tonight's Coast-to-Coast radio show preview :

Tonight's Show, Wednesday, December 3rd:

John L. Casey has been a national space policy advisor to the White House and Congress, a space shuttle engineer, and is currently the President of the Space and Science Research Corporation (SSRC), an independent research organization. He'll discuss his discovery of a solar cycle that is now reversing from its global warming phase to that of dangerous global cooling. He says we can begin planning for decades of cold weather including its predicted concurrent ill-effects of record earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

Zorro

PostPosted: 12/05/14 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or maybe not. http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/05/15/hoft-runs-with-global-cooling-warning-from-scam/164798

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 12/05/14 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coast-to Coast is fun but I don't take it too seriously . Except for those guests that have been abducted by aliens . They are all telling the truth . Every single one of them .

willtalk

PostPosted: 12/09/14 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

Actually there is no guarantee that she will even be good enough to play for any D1 program. Basketball and Baseball have entirely different skill sets. While she did say she loves basketball, loving the game and becoming elite are two different things.

ESPN had a article about her just making her varsity basketball team as a 13 year old eighth grader. It tweaked my curiosity, so I checked to see what high school she played for on MaxPreps. It's a small private school which basically plays other small private schools who are also leagueless. There were also two other eighth graders who made the varsity as well. They also had about a four minute clip of one of their games last year. Playing just for her high school will not give her even close to the competition that is required to make it to the next level. She would also have to get on a really good AAU team.

I don't think most people understand how competitive girls basketball has become. She would have a whole lot of catching up to do. Most committed girls are already playing year round basketball at her age. Playing little league would have interfered with the summer programs which girls focused on basketball would have already been involved in. Thirteen is not really that young. I know of a girl who at 13 played point guard on a nationally ranked team against top high school competition. I haven't seen any Uconn coaches camping on her front steps.

I am not saying that it's impossible or that she couldn't ever play for her dream team UConn, only that it's as FSO2 stated "too unlikely" to be concerned about. Unless, of course, she turns out to be a basketball savant or grows another foot. (That would be in reference to her height, not another appendage. lol). Just being a good athlete is not enough anymore.

beknighted

PostPosted: 12/09/14 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I am not saying that it's impossible or that she couldn't ever play for her dream team UConn, only that it's as FSO2 stated "too unlikely" to be concerned about. Unless, of course, she turns out to be a basketball savant or grows another foot. (That would be in reference to her height, not another appendage. lol). Just being a good athlete is not enough anymore.

I think adding another foot would impede both her baseball and basketball careers, so I hope it doesn't happen. Wink

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/09/14 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
FS02 wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

Actually there is no guarantee that she will even be good enough to play for any D1 program. Basketball and Baseball have entirely different skill sets. While she did say she loves basketball, loving the game and becoming elite are two different things.

ESPN had a article about her just making her varsity basketball team as a 13 year old eighth grader. It tweaked my curiosity, so I checked to see what high school she played for on MaxPreps. It's a small private school which basically plays other small private schools who are also leagueless. There were also two other eighth graders who made the varsity as well. They also had about a four minute clip of one of their games last year. Playing just for her high school will not give her even close to the competition that is required to make it to the next level. She would also have to get on a really good AAU team.

I don't think most people understand how competitive girls basketball has become. She would have a whole lot of catching up to do. Most committed girls are already playing year round basketball at her age. Playing little league would have interfered with the summer programs which girls focused on basketball would have already been involved in. Thirteen is not really that young. I know of a girl who at 13 played point guard on a nationally ranked team against top high school competition. I haven't seen any Uconn coaches camping on her front steps.

You don't know, since it hasn't been mentioned anywhere, whether she plays AAU basketball. She very well might be getting into that. She's not as likely to keep playing baseball, as her eligibility for Little League is at an end and high school baseball is a less likely venue for her as I believe she attends an all-girls school. (I could be wrong on that one.) In any case, it should be interesting to watch her high school career. She is a well-spoken and apparently quite a focused young lady, and her mother seems to have her on a good track.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: