RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jimmy Dykes' Razorbacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/24/14 9:31 am    ::: Jimmy Dykes' Razorbacks Reply Reply with quote

Based on this schedule, who do you think will be Jimmy Dykes and the Razorbacks first true, true test? (Middle Tennessee was touted as a test but its kind of hard to tell so early in the season).
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/8/arkansas-razorbacks

Last edited by hyperetic on 11/30/14 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 11/24/14 9:46 am    ::: Missed out Reply Reply with quote

I wish we could replay the game with Arkansas now that Cheyenne Parker has completed her suspension. I think it would have been a different result.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/24/14 10:28 am    ::: Re: Missed out Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
I wish we could replay the game with Arkansas now that Cheyenne Parker has completed her suspension. I think it would have been a different result.

Which game was that, the Middle Tennessee game?
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 11/24/14 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa, RU, Oklahoma will be the only tests in the non con...hes at least not playing total nobodies like Collen did then let the chips fall where they may in the SEC....but I wont judge Dykes good or bad until I see his SEC record...gaudy non cons can be manipulated, conference performance can not.

PostPosted: 11/24/14 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Iowa, RU, Oklahoma will be the only tests in the non con...hes at least not playing total nobodies like Collen did then let the chips fall where they may in the SEC....but I wont judge Dykes good or bad until I see his SEC record...gaudy non cons can be manipulated, conference performance can not.

Yeah that is kinda the way I am taking it also. Non-con have been great the last couple of years only to be lambasted in the conference. What do you think of overall strength of schedule?
Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 11/24/14 1:56 pm    ::: Re: Missed out Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Yes.

The game in Murfreesboro featured the complete inability of the Lady Raiders to hit the broad side of the barn in the first half. Arkansas didn't have anyone who would have slowed Parker down inside.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 11/24/14 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:

Yeah that is kinda the way I am taking it also. Non-con have been great the last couple of years only to be lambasted in the conference. What do you think of overall strength of schedule?

Better than Collen had. Some good tests...Middle included which was a win...I'd say above average nationally about average SEC wise.

PostPosted: 11/24/14 3:28 pm    ::: Re: Missed out Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Yes.

The game in Murfreesboro featured the complete inability of the Lady Raiders to hit the broad side of the barn in the first half. Arkansas didn't have anyone who would have slowed Parker down inside.

Maybe. But you're talking ifs and ands. "If Cheyenne had been there..." "If Arkansas' three point shooters heated up, the possible Cheyenne advantage may have been nullified." You never know for sure unless the game is actually played with Cheyenne.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its very early in the season, but it seems Jimmy is doing something right, if nothing else, listening well to his assistants.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, they took down #17 Iowa today. That's a good sign. Cool

PostPosted: 11/29/14 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hey, they took down #17 Iowa today. That's a good sign. Cool

Yep. Very Happy
Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:03 pm    ::: Re: Missed out Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Maybe. But you're talking ifs and ands. "If Cheyenne had been there..." "If Arkansas' three point shooters heated up, the possible Cheyenne advantage may have been nullified." You never know for sure unless the game is actually played with Cheyenne.

Arkansas as a team shot 31.8% but saw Jackson and Brooks combine to shoot 50% (6-12). So I'd say the "shooters" were plenty heated up. It was just Berna's 1-7 shooting that hurt the team average.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win by Ark. Also have to applaud Dykes for upgrading the OOC schedule over last year's farce. They might not go 13-0, but they will earn more respect.

rabidrabbit

PostPosted: 12/05/14 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Dakota St taking the hogs down in Fayetteville was amazing! There should be no way for a team to be DOWN 9 WITH 27 SECOND LEFT, AND WIN THE GAME!

Great defense by Jacks, and deep bench wore out the Razorbacks. The short bench and no support will be the undoing of Razorbacks as the season progresses.

PostPosted: 12/05/14 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers is next for Arkansas. It's a homecoming game for Tyler Scaife.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/05/14 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rabidrabbit wrote:
South Dakota St taking the hogs down in Fayetteville was amazing! There should be no way for a team to be DOWN 9 WITH 27 SECOND LEFT, AND WIN THE GAME!

Great defense by Jacks, and deep bench wore out the Razorbacks. The short bench and no support will be the undoing of Razorbacks as the season progresses.

That's crazy! SDSU scored 11 points in the final 27 seconds...they had only scored 53 in the first 39 MINUTES & 33 seconds of the game!

Big stat of the game:

SDSU -> 23-28 from the foul line
Arkansas -> 21-33 from the line

Make just one more foul shot in regulation and the game is over. That hurts.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 12/05/14 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Trailing 62-53 with 21 seconds left, the Jackrabbits’ comeback started with freshman Macy Miller (Mitchell) converting a traditional three-point play and senior Mariah Clarin (Princeton, Minn.) stealing the Arkansas inbounds pass and scoring on a layup with 17 seconds.

After a pair of Razorback free throws, sophomore Kerri Young (Mitchell) sank a three-pointer with 10 seconds to go. Arkansas missed both free throws with 8 seconds before Stevens (Clark) hit the game-tying three-pointer to send the game into overtime."

Taken from SDSU Website. [url]www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64552&SPID=7144&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209795798&DB_OEM_ID=15000
[/url]

Okay, I didn't know that Jackrabbits were THAT quick.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/05/14 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy During the winning streak this thread barely got any attention. That's cool though. I hated to see the ladies lose. Especially in that fashion. I think Jimmy and the ladies will take this as a learning experience and try to sharpen up defense overall but especially crunchtime defense.

Yeah @rabidrabbit that's been a fear of mine since the beginning of the season. One nine players total. Scary.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/28/14 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The ladies have had a pretty good non-conference run but the true test will come in conference. There are quite a few top 25 opponents in the SEC. The first one they have coming up is current #4 Texas A&M. That should be some kind of indicator if they can go in healthy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: